• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor shooting: Fired Louisville officer indicted on criminal charges

The problem is that Breona's death is part of systemic problems rather than just these particular conditions. The police created circumstances that make these kinds of deaths inevitable, and courts have allowed it to persist.
what are the circumstances the police have created?
First, these officers were allowed to get a no-knock warrant. A judge signed off on that, and, under the circumstances, that should never have been granted.
why should that warrant not have been granted?
Second, the judge did not question the "probable cause" basis for the warrant, which, on its face was inadequate. No judge in my experience would have granted it on evidence that was at least two months old.
what about the evidence should be found suspect?
Third, the methodology for execution was inherently flawed and did not follow even their Department's standards.
what about the methodology is erroneous?
which of the department standards were not followed and in what manner?
Fourth, the officers did not identify their targets.
they apprehended both of their targets. one was fatally injured. how is it they were unable to identify them yet captured both?
Finally, the reality is that black lives DON'T matter.
sure they do. every life matters. events such as the one under discussion reveal that circumstances cause some lives to matter more than others. in this instance the police valued their lives more than their subjects ... especially when the occupants of the targeted address fired upon them while they were attempting to enforce the legal, court-ordered, arrest warrant
All of these failures are consistent with that last point.
once we see your answers to determine what, if any failures were present, then we can resume a discussion of the underlying basis of any failure

Where did I write they werent?

They were examining the suspected negligent killing during that execution. (pun acknowledged)
Your #350: "We already have confirmation the officers were wrong . . . "

They
Did he say if he believed it was cops? If you knock, you dont break down a door. When you break down a door...I'm not inclined to believe it's 'friendlies.' What did he say?
THey knocked, announced who they were, and after not getting an answer, then broke the door down. A neighbor has confirmed in sworn testimony before the grand jury to this.

This is one huge mess. So many discrepancies.

It appears the police real target was an ex-boyfriend of the victim.

They first said it was a no-knock warrant and then changed to a knock and announce warrant. We are not offered any idea why that would have been changed.

We do know an innocent woman was killed in her bed, a pregnant neighbor and a young child in an adjacent apt. were nearly shot, and no drugs were found in the victim's apt.

This is one giant cluster.

If the pregnant neighbor and child had been killed I think this whole country would be powder keg.

Your #350: "We already have confirmation the officers were wrong . . . "
Yes...they fired at target they didnt identify and wasnt identified as a threat or suspect. That is wrong.

Do you disagree? If so, that's your opinion and your problem...it goes against gun safety rules and police procedure.

They

THey knocked, announced who they were, and after not getting an answer, then broke the door down. A neighbor has confirmed in sworn testimony before the grand jury to this.
How does that change my response?

not a crime, tho it led to her death
she allowed a fool with a gun to stay in her home
that fool shot his gun at police, who were serving a lawful, court-issued, arrest warrant
that resulted in those police returning fire upon the occupants
taylor foolishly stood near the party who initiated the shooting
when fire was returned by the police, because she was adjacent to the shooter, she was hit by said blue gun fire

conclusion:
look at each incident of blacks killed by the hands of blue shooters
in most of those instances, the black person failed to take the appropriate response to police directives
Ah so guilt by association. To you: "Taylor deserved to die because she associated with an idiot/criminal". Using your logic, trump should have been in prison years ago!

It's warms my heart that you and several others have such contempt for black murder victims and for anyone who advocates for them. trumpists are on the wrong side of the culture war.

Why do you support the murder of an innocent civilian by thugs? I thought you people support the right to defend yourself in your own home.

Maybe you are confused about what you really believe in.
How is noting that the statement about her being in her bed being false, somehow magically me 'supporting the murder of an innocent civilian by thugs"? Did you take your meds today?

I do indeed support the right to defend oneself in one's own home. WHich is why I am against no-knock warrants.

However, with the grand jury and things released today, it appears they did, in fact, not only knock, but declared their identity as law enforcement before breaking down the door. While I support the right to defend oneself in one's own home, that does not extend to shooting police officers serving a warrant. You don't have the right to do the latter.

I'm indeed angry that people like you cannot even get the basic facts straight and continue to falsely insist they were at the wrong place, despite having been informed otherwise.
If I were you I'd be more angry at you and people like you for holding the victims of racial violence and the people who advocate for them in such contempt.

This is one huge mess. So many discrepancies.

It appears the police real target was an ex-boyfriend of the victim.

They first said it was a no-knock warrant and then changed to a knock and announce warrant. We are not offered any idea why that would have been changed.

We do know an innocent woman was killed in her bed, a pregnant neighbor and a young child in an adjacent apt. were nearly shot, and no drugs were found in the victim's apt.

This is one giant cluster.

If the pregnant neighbor and child had been killed I think this whole country would be powder keg.
a local paper repeatedly cited within this thread tells us that the taylor residence was deemed to be a "soft" target, causing the police to knock and identify rather than barge in without notice

Ah so guilt by association. To you: "Taylor deserved to die because she associated with an idiot/criminal". Using your logic, trump should have been in prison years ago!

It's warms my heart that you and several others have such contempt for black murder victims and for anyone who advocates for them. trumpists are on the wrong side of the culture war.

Not only that...no drugs were found. He's innocent. A neighbor saw what he believed was suspicious visitors or something.

Too much? Not enough?
My general view is that if a nighttime raid does not yield proof of drug trafficking, the government should be civilly liable and the homeowners held blameless for whatever happens.

But it's obviously ridiculous to charge the individual officers for executing a lawful warrant. Only hardened enemies of civilized society would support that.

Why is it a fact when they claim something, but not when he does?
Because it is not just the word of the police. It is the SWORN TESTIMONY before the grand jury of the neighbor, that the police did this. That is why. The eyewitness supports their statement, not his. Any other dumb questions?

Yes...they fired at target they didnt identify and wasnt identified as a threat or suspect. That is wrong.

Do you disagree? If so, that's your opinion and your problem...it goes against gun safety rules and police procedure.
Nope. When fired upon they were free to return fire.

If I were you I'd be more angry at you and people like you for holding the victims of racial violence and the people who advocate for them in such contempt.
What racial violence? There was no racial violence here. What are you smoking?

Because it is not just the word of the police. It is the SWORN TESTIMONY before the grand jury of the neighbor, that the police did this. That is why. The eyewitness supports their statement, not his. Any other dumb questions?
Source? I had not read the neighbor testified to that...but please, I'll believe a source..

It's not a dumb question, unless you are someone that just accepts authority without question.

Why don't they just overwhelm the rioters with force and stop this predictable nonsense?

What was she guilty of ?
He claimed she was in her bed. She was not. He also claimed she was murdered. Which indicates he does not grasp basic law.

How is noting that the statement about her being in her bed being false, somehow magically me 'supporting the murder of an innocent civilian by thugs"?

Oh, I get it! In certain parts of the home, castle doctrine applies, but in others, it doesn't! Thank you for enlightening me! 😆

Did you take your meds today?

And here come the infantile insults. Keep 'em rolling, it's a classic sign you're badly losing the argument. (y)

I do indeed support the right to defend oneself in one's own home.

If you ever get invaded in the middle of the night--and I hope you never do--I expect you to first confirm that the invaders are not LEOs. Otherwise, if you're to follow your absurd reasoning, you would deserve to die if you defended yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Not only that...no drugs were found. He's innocent. A neighbor saw what he believed was suspicious visitors or something.
Victim blaming is all the people on the wrong side of he culture war have. How else could they sleep at night?

Nope. When fired upon they were free to return fire.
How does that answer my response?

I said this: they fired at target they didnt identify and wasnt identified as a threat or suspect. That is wrong.

That's still wrong. They were not free to kill any unidentified threats. What about kids? Shots went into a nearby home with mother and children...would you be justifying that too if they'd been killed?

You can disagree all you want, their shooting response was morally wrong and factually as well....considering the other residence hit and oh, the dead woman.

Source? I had not read the neighbor testified to that...but please, I'll believe a source..

It's not a dumb question, unless you are someone that just accepts authority without question.
Did you not listen to the press conference today?????

Back
Top Bottom