• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breonna Taylor decision expected today; Louisville locked down before possible civil unrest

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron is expected to announce a grand jury decision early Wednesday afternoon on whether criminal charges will be brought against three Louisville Metro Police officers involved in the death of Breonna Taylor, Fox News has learned.

He is expected to make the announcement around 1:30 p.m.

The city of Louisville appeared to be on lockdown early Wednesday awaiting the announcement. At the same time, Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly, who underwent surgery after he was shot in the leg during the raid that also killed Taylor, defended his actions in an email sent to colleagues early Tuesday, arguing that he and his fellow officers “did the legal, moral and ethical thing that night

Another liberal city facing rioting and offering very little support to the police who they hired, funded, and trained. Is it any wonder that police all over this country are endorsing Trump for federal help when their cities turn their backs on them?

Another liberal city facing rioting and offering very little support to the police who they hired, funded, and trained. Is it any wonder that police all over this country are endorsing Trump for federal help when their cities turn their backs on them?

Is there some support we should be giving to cops who kicked down the wrong door unannounced and murdered an innocent woman and will probably be let off the hook?

Is there some support we should be giving to cops who kicked down the wrong door unannounced and murdered an innocent woman and will probably be let off the hook?

No, we should let the legal system work and support our police in quelling riots. Why do you believe the police are endorsing Trump? They are paid by the city but don't seem to be getting a lot of support from the city. The so called bad cops are being prosecuted whereas the good ones targeted by radicals.

I only saw the news conference briefly. It appeared that the officials were preferencing the news with admonishing calm. That seems to suggest the police will not be charged.

No, we should let the legal system work and support our police in quelling riots. Why do you believe the police are endorsing Trump? They are paid by the city but don't seem to be getting a lot of support from the city. The so called bad cops are being prosecuted whereas the good ones targeted by radicals.

The police are endorsing Trump because, like you, they don't think they're doing anything wrong and therefore object to any additional oversight or consequences for their actions.

Bad cops are being let off the hook, that's the part you're missing.

I only saw the news conference briefly. It appeared that the officials were preferencing the news with admonishing calm. That seems to suggest the police will not be charged.

That seems to be the problem with far too many, the rule of law doesn't exist and when a verdict is given that doesn't meet the community opinions rioting and looting begins never at grocery stores but at luxury stores. The police deserve our support in addressing the rioting and that is why they have endorsed Trump, they aren't getting that support from the city. Any time an event goes beyond what the city can control the Federal gov't should be asked to get involved. Portland and Seattle are examples

If they were planning to announce charges, they wouldn't be anticipating riots. They're going to let killers go.

The police are endorsing Trump because, like you, they don't think they're doing anything wrong and therefore object to any additional oversight or consequences for their actions.

Bad cops are being let off the hook, that's the part you're missing.

So you tell me what the cops are doing wrong in addressing rioting, looting, and being on the front lines against radicals? They deserve our support. How do you know bad cops are being let off the hook? Because you believe someone is innocent doesn't make that person innocent, the facts do

That seems to be the problem with far too many, the rule of law doesn't exist and when a verdict is given that doesn't meet the community opinions rioting and looting begins never at grocery stores but at luxury stores. The police deserve our support in addressing the rioting and that is why they have endorsed Trump, they aren't getting that support from the city. Any time an event goes beyond what the city can control the Federal gov't should be asked to get involved. Portland and Seattle are examples

The rule of law doesn't exist because cops are being placed above the law.

Not all verdicts are just. People protest injustice. The protests will stop when the injustice is addressed.

Seems like the city is boarding up the windows in anticipation of riots. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near that town.

So you tell me what the cops are doing wrong in addressing rioting, looting, and being on the front lines against radicals? They deserve our support. How do you know bad cops are being let off the hook? Because you believe someone is innocent doesn't make that person innocent, the facts do

How about "brutalizing people who were 100% peaceful?" Does that ****ing count? Oh, I know, you think there are zero peaceful protesters.

Not all verdicts are just. People protest injustice. The protests will stop when the injustice is addressed.

by whom? who hires, funds, and trains police? Who is responsible for prosecuting violators? Our police on the front lines against protestors have done nothing wrong, the are enforcing the law, you are promoting anarchists actions.

Liberal cities and all cities hire, fund, train, and prosecute, you cannot seem to grasp that reality. Tell me the last time Louisville was run by a GOP Mayor and city council?

If you have to board up businesses, institute a curfew and call the national guard, it’s not “peaceful.”

People protest injustice.....that's an absolute joke, people protest what they don't like, justice or injustice be damned.........the cop why killed Floyd was arrested......PEOPLE STILL PROTESTED.....

by whom? who hires, funds, and trains police? Who is responsible for prosecuting violators? Our police on the front lines against protestors have done nothing wrong, the are enforcing the law, you are promoting anarchists actions.

Liberal cities and all cities hire, fund, train, and prosecute, you cannot seem to grasp that reality. Tell me the last time Louisville was run by a GOP Mayor and city council?

It's not anarchist to protest injustice.

Only a fascist thinks its a crime to protest.

People protest injustice.....that's an absolute joke, people protest what they don't like, justice or injustice be damned.........the cop why killed Floyd was arrested......PEOPLE STILL PROTESTED.....

They had video of the murder of George Floyd and took FOUR DAYS to even acknowledge the cops had done something wrong.

George Floyd was executed within 30 minutes based on a phone call of a possibly fraudulent transaction.

Do you understand the difference?

If you have to board up businesses, institute a curfew and call the national guard, it’s not “peaceful.”

So all protesters are guilty of violence, eh? Meanwhile, you never say one word of criticism against the Trump brownshirts out there. Curious.

They had video of the murder of George Floyd and took FOUR DAYS to even acknowledge the cops had done something wrong.

George Floyd was executed within 30 minutes based on a phone call of a possibly fraudulent transaction.

Again, the cop who killed him, WAS ARRESTED AND PEOPLE STILL PROTESTED......they don't give a **** about justice or injustice.

And whose fault is that? Are you so civics challenged that you have no idea who runs the cities?

Again, the cop who killed him, WAS ARRESTED AND PEOPLE STILL PROTESTED......they don't give a **** about justice or injustice.

Why did you ignore my post and repeat yourself?

Please, I beg you, quit using "liberal". Liberal is a compliment and I know you don't mean it. May I suggest "leftist"?

So, the leftist city is anticipating riots by the Trump voters. Did I get it right?

It's not anarchist to protest injustice.

Only a fascist thinks its a crime to protest.

Wow, cities run by liberals for decades slow in bringing charges against bad cops??? That cannot be happening in our country today as liberals never make mistakes, it is all Trump's fault

And whose fault is that? Are you so civics challenged that you have no idea who runs the cities?

Do... do you think these are cases isolated purely to liberal cities?

Do you think I give a shit who George Floyd's killers, their bosses, or their bosses' bosses voted for? Are you so rabidly partisan that you think I'd give a pass to George Floyd's murderers if they voted for Biden?

Please, I beg you, quit using "liberal". Liberal is a compliment and I know you don't mean it. May I suggest "leftist"?

So, the leftist city is anticipating riots by the Trump voters. Did I get it right?

So you believe all those rioters are Trump supporters? Who has BLM endorsed? Partisanship is on display with you

Wow, cities run by liberals for decades slow in bringing charges against bad cops??? That cannot be happening in our country today as liberals never make mistakes, it is all Trump's fault

Look at this guy who thinks cops never murder or brutalize citizens in conservative voting districts.

Back
Top Bottom