• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brent Bozell On Voter ID: "The Only Thing That's Being Repressed Is People Cheating

Re: Brent Bozell On Voter ID: "The Only Thing That's Being Repressed Is People Cheati

Saying " The likelihood of vote fraud occurring is on the order of winning the lottery,” is based on?

It's based-on cold hard facts. Sorry if it does not cater to your pre-conceived notion.

Re: Brent Bozell On Voter ID: "The Only Thing That's Being Repressed Is People Cheati

So your claim is that Republicans committed voter fraud and it's clear that Democrats committed voter fraud so what is the problem then with voter ID? It seems essential.

DEMOCRATS Arrested and/or Convicted of Voter Fraud | UnPoliticallyCorrect's Blog

Talk about desperation. Your useless proves absolutely nothing.

Again, voter fraud is very rare. You can piss n moan, pout and cry all you want about it. But it will not change the fact that the new ID laws will curb practically nothing. Well, apart from stopping some Americans citizens for not being able to practice their constitutional right.

wow dude you mean the only way a Republican has a chance is if there's a clean election?
well then the GOP really is doomed :lamo

The Republicans don't want a clean election. They want to reduce the number of votes Democrats get.

It's very simple -- both parties are going off of what I believe to be the faulty assumption that the Democrats benefit under the current system. If they thought it was the Republicans that benefitted, the parties would have the opposite positions to what they currently have.

Do you really need to have it explained to you? The Republican leader of the House in Pennsylvania said the real reason for voter-id. So the Republicans can win.

And the Democrats want the voter to vote repeatedly so their party might win. That's not news.

Which system do you think is fairer? One man - one vote, or one man - several votes?

Talk about desperation. Your useless proves absolutely nothing.

Again, voter fraud is very rare. You can piss n moan, pout and cry all you want about it. But it will not change the fact that the new ID laws will curb practically nothing. Well, apart from stopping some Americans citizens for not being able to practice their constitutional right.

How do you know it is 'very rare'? Do you have the numbers of people who voted two or more times and weren't caught?
The fact is that everyone knows voter fraud exists, though the scale is largely unknown. Why not fix cracks in the system?

The Republicans don't want a clean election. They want to reduce the number of votes Democrats get.

And how would they do that?
It's very simple -- both parties are going off of what I believe to be the faulty assumption that the Democrats benefit under the current system. If they thought it was the Republicans that benefitted, the parties would have the opposite positions to what they currently have.

It should not even be a partisan issue. It should be a 'what's best for the country and democracy' issue.

And the Democrats want the voter to vote repeatedly so their party might win. That's not news.
Sorry Grant, that's not true.

Edit: Please explain how the Democrats could accomplish this?

Which system do you think is fairer? One man - one vote, or one man - several votes?
Of course, one person, one vote. You don't think women vote?

Sorry Grant, that's not true. Edit: Please explain how the Democrats could accomplish this?

By having one voter vote several times, just as is reflected in its history, and the charges and convictions which have sometimes followed. The Republicans, as the video showed, feel they can win a fair election, but the Democrats aren't comfortable with that idea.

Of course, one person, one vote. You don't think women vote?

As i was typing I wondered who would be the first PC person to mention that.

You win! Congrats.

By having one voter vote several times, just as is reflected in its history, and the charges and convictions which have sometimes followed. The Republicans, as the video showed, feel they can win a fair election, but the Democrats aren't comfortable with that idea.

Again, that's impossible once the spot on the voter roll is signed by a voter it can't be signed again. Haven't you ever voted? LMMFAO

And how would they do that?

The first false assumption is that illegal votes are always cast for Democrats. We both know that's not true. Those who vote legally, but are unable for a number of reasons to get an ID are generally assumed to be Democratic voters. By both sides. I don't know that we can say that with any certainty.

It should not even be a partisan issue. It should be a 'what's best for the country and democracy' issue.

Then shouldn't we have a proposal that falls under those lines?

Why not fix cracks in the system?

Why are we fixing cracks when there's huge gaping holes?

Again its impossible to go to the poll and vote more than once. These convictions are because they used absentee ballots. It's impossible to get away with this.

HAVE YOU EVER VOTED AT A POLLING PLACE, GRANT?

How many of those did you read??? There were even people working at the polling stations arrested!! It is not just about absentee ballots!

How many of those did you read??? There were even people working at the polling stations arrested!! It is not just about absentee ballots!
It's impossible to vote more than once at a specific polling place. If you have ever voted at polling place you surely would know this. lol

It's impossible to vote more than once at a specific polling place. If you have ever voted at polling place you surely would know this. lol

And if you read the conviction lists you would know otherwise. You believe whatever you want, This is just not interesting.

And if you read the conviction lists you would know otherwise. You believe whatever you want, This is just not interesting.
Give one example where someone voted more than once at same polling place.

Voter impersonation is actually the only kind of fraud that requiring IDs would do anything about. That is a small number.

Requiring ID would do nothing about the widespread electoral fraud that both parties engage in on a regular basis. When you think about it, obviously the Republicans would do nothing about that. The whole "ID to fix fraud" is a red herring. It's made to make you think they're doing something to have fair elections, but it really does nothing.

Go ahead and have voter ID in all 50 states. It won't have the impact you think it will. I'd prefer that our legislatures put their efforts into finding real solutions to real problems. If the GOP put half as much effort into fixing electoral fraud as they put into making their sheeple think they are doing something, it would be a thing of the past. But they're not interested in doing that because that would restrict their shenanigans.

Why doesn't the Democrat party propose a solution to fraudulent machine programs and other vote abuses? I'm independent. I don't trust or like EITHER major party.

But before you throw rocks, make sure YOUR party is CLEAN and DOING something!

Why doesn't the Democrat party propose a solution to fraudulent machine programs and other vote abuses? I'm independent. I don't trust or like EITHER major party.

But before you throw rocks, make sure YOUR party is CLEAN and DOING something!

I'm independent also. The difference, to me, is that the Democrats don't go around saying that we need to fix the system. So they're not proposing a solution because they don't think there's a problem.

I think there's a problem, but it's not going to be solved with ID.

I'm independent also. The difference, to me, is that the Democrats don't go around saying that we need to fix the system. So they're not proposing a solution because they don't think there's a problem.

I think there's a problem, but it's not going to be solved with ID.

I agree that IDs won't solve ALL the problem. But we HAVE IDs. It's the law in most states now.
I'm hoping that the IDs will encourage voters who ,until now, felt voting was futile. i'm hoping they'll start voting again. When you can't trust the election process, what good is your right to vote? I vote, but I understand the frustration. The democrats insist it's going to disenfranchise 8 million people, poor people.
I think that is unprovable either way, so they feel safe in claiming it a fact. But the current disenfranchise of half of the citizens of voting age, maybe disillusioned probably a better word, the democrats don't care about them, or maybe even hope they will continue to not vote, if the democrats think those non-voters are or would be conservative. :D

if the democrats think those non-voters are or would be conservative. :D

And if the Republicans think that too, and think that requiring ID would prod them to vote....well no wonder they'd want it!

And if the Republicans think that too, and think that requiring ID would prod them to vote....well no wonder they'd want it!

isn't elections about what the majority of "THE PEOPLE' want?

or just the barely half who vote?

or is it about getting YOUR party in power by hook or crook?

Anyway, all this discussion is mute!

IDs are here to stay, and I expect MORE states to adopt them.

Maybe as many as 48, Cal and Mass being holdouts.

isn't elections about what the majority of "THE PEOPLE' want?

or just the barely half who vote?

or is it about getting YOUR party in power by hook or crook?

Anyway, all this discussion is mute!

IDs are here to stay, and I expect MORE states to adopt them.

Maybe as many as 48, Cal and Mass being holdouts.

While Democrats want to defend this porous system it's clear that the integrity of democracy is too important to be continually assaulted by those who would prejudice the system. And when they say 'racism' is involved then you know they are scamming the system.

Back
Top Bottom