• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breakingviews: Elon Musk probably won’t buy Twitter

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Give me a break, is this guy really that stupid?
He is really that stupid. Musk is the apex of the brilliant inventor who's very very bad at business.

The deal has been done, he has no reason to breech the contract.

The deal has been done, he has no reason to breech the contract.
No, its not done. A business acquisition typically is subject to due diligence, which presents a multitude of opportunities to re-trade or walk away. Moreover, the deal likely has break-up language that allows him to walk away by paying stipulated damages at any point up until the wire transfer. IT is likely to be done, given is profile, but a deal ain't done till the cash is transferred.

I didn't realize Reuters published opinion pieces
Yeah, it sucks. I love Reuters, they are IMO the most fact-based news source there is. However it certainly seems that they allocate a single-digit-percentage of their staff to do these 'opinion' pieces and I think they should let it be.

Reuters is awesome at reporting factual truth...

They stink at opinion.

They should stick to their strength. Leave the opinions for Tucker and whomever is his CNN counterpart these days.

Oh, noes!….:eek:

Cheers to tears???

They are floating the idea that he should back out of the deal
So a random article is “they” then?

I’m just trying to understand your reasoning here.

So a random article is “they” then?

I’m just trying to understand your reasoning here.
What makes you think it's a random article as opposed to a premeditated attempt at persuasion?

What makes you think it's a random article as opposed to a premeditated attempt at persuasion?
Because I read the article and it wasn’t using persuasive style language. It was just going through scenarios.

At minimum there needs to be a thesis or conclusion statement. It lacked any form of that, instead meandering through various scenarios with no real central theme.

Progressives are trying everything to stop Musk from pissing in their playground. I wonder what they will try next.
I agree. Can you imagine what progressives will do once Elon Musk emerges victorious and is able to freely espouse upon conservatives his desire for Universal Basic Income, a stop to fossil fuels, and Andrew Yang for the Presidency? I imagine the progressives will go nuts.

Because I read the article and it wasn’t using persuasive style language. It was just going through scenarios.

At minimum there needs to be a thesis or conclusion statement. It lacked any form of that, instead meandering through various scenarios with no real central theme.
The article makes all kinds of conclusive statements and they all point in one direction. I'm not sure how you dtew the conclusion that you did.

This particular article is just another attempt in a list of attempts.

It's pretty obvious that the left does not like the idea of Musk owning twitter. They have been trying to throw cold water on it from the very start.

I agree. Can you imagine what progressives will do once Elon Musk emerges victorious and is able to freely espouse upon conservatives his desire for Universal Basic Income and Andrew Yang for the Presidency? I imagine the progressives will go nuts.
We can speculate on the reasons why the left is so adamantly opposed to it but it's not up for debate that they are in fact adamantly in opposition to him owning Twitter.

The article makes all kinds of conclusive statements and they all point in one direction. I'm not sure how you dtew the conclusion that you did.
It was a bunch of “maybe this” “maybe that” no real conclusions, just scenarios.
This particular article is just another attempt in a list of attempts.

It's pretty obvious that the left does not like the idea of Musk owning twitter. They have been trying to throw cold water on it from the very start.
I will go back to my original question, how can an article be an attempt at anything? An article has no force of law surrounding this deal and therefore cannot attempt anything.

We can speculate on the reasons why the left is so adamantly opposed to it but it's not up for debate that they are in fact adamantly in opposition to him owning Twitter.
We can speculate on the reasons why the right is so adamantly convinced that the left is opposed to it but it's not up for debate that they and @trouble13 are in fact adamantly in support of Elon Musk and his liberal perspectives.

It was a bunch of “maybe this” “maybe that” no real conclusions, just scenarios.

I will go back to my original question, how can an article be an attempt at anything? An article has no force of law surrounding this deal and therefore cannot attempt anything.
Your welcome to your opinion. I see it differently.

Yeah I don’t look for problems that aren’t there.
I don't see it as a problem. It looks like just another element in the propaganda war that's trying to stop the acquisition from succeeding.

I don't see it as a problem. It looks like just another element in the propaganda war that's trying to stop the acquisition from succeeding.
If you say so. Thinking there’s propaganda everywhere must be a scary place to be. I am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom