• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING: Utah Legislature Overrides Gov. Cox’s Veto of Anti-Trans Sports Ban

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Today, the Utah House and Senate overrode Gov. Spencer Cox’s veto of House Bill 11 – a bill that bans transgender students from participating in school sports consistent with their gender identity.
Gov. Cox cited high suicide rates among transgender youth and added that there are only four transgender students playing high school sports in Utah, and only one playing girls sports.

“Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day,” Gov. Cox wrote in the letter. “Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few...."
So not only did the governor try to veto the bill that the senate and house then proceeded to push through regardless, but he highlighted something I think is worth focusing on.

there are only four transgender students playing high school sports in Utah, and only one playing girls sports.
That's right. The state legislature of Utah pushed through a bill that targets literally ONE PERSON. And as he said, those kids aren't winning or dominating either. How insane is it that the government of an entire state felt the need to step into a situation that effects a single child.

He's a Republican so I'm sure there is plenty I disagree with him on, but I think he nailed this one.

“Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few"
A record number of anti-transgender bills were filed in 2021, largely focused on denying transgender youth the ability to receive gender-affirming care and participate in school athletics programs. Even more anti-transgender legislation is on track to be filed in 2022. There are more than 320 anti-LGBTQ+ bills under consideration in state legislatures across the country.

So not only did the governor try to veto the bill that the senate and house then proceeded to push through regardless, but he highlighted something I think is worth focusing on.

That's right. The state legislature of Utah pushed through a bill that targets literally ONE PERSON. And as he said, those kids aren't winning or dominating either. How insane is it that the government of an entire state felt the need to step into a situation that effects a single child.

He's a Republican so I'm sure there is plenty I disagree with him on, but I think he nailed this one.

This has all been discussed before...this ban...this state...even the point you think is so salient. Heres the reality...

a few years ago, a man wasn't beating the **** out of women in an MMA cage. A few years ago, men weren't destroying women's cycling records, weightlifting records, track and field records, swimming records. A few years ago we didnt have men that were twice the size as woman beating women on college basketball teams. A few years ago, men that were 3 times the size of women werent shoving their faces in the mud on rugby pitches.

A few years ago, people werent mentally twisted into believing there are 130 different genders and that men could be women if they really really really really wanted to be.

4....today...in the state. But the sickness of the left is just getting started.

He must have a mentally challenged errr I mean transgender family member.

Transgender people should be treated with great kindness and respect, of course.

No one should direct any verbal or physical abuse toward them. (For example, that transgender woman who has a position in the federal government should not be mocked.)

BUT transgender people should also consider the feelings of non-transgender people. Most (?) women athletes feel that it is unfair for transgender women to be on women's teams. They feel a biological man will always be physically different from a person who was born a woman.

I hope that transgender women will refrain from joining women's teams. And I hope that most transgender people will disavow activists who go around saying that some "women" have penises. Such rhetoric only drives some insecure people up the wall. When it comes to sexual matters, many human beings are extremely insecure (hence those gay bashers).

This has all been discussed before...this ban...this state...even the point you think is so salient. Heres the reality...

a few years ago, a man wasn't beating the **** out of women in an MMA cage. A few years ago, men weren't destroying women's cycling records, weightlifting records, track and field records, swimming records. A few years ago we didnt have men that were twice the size as woman beating women on college basketball teams. A few years ago, men that were 3 times the size of women werent shoving their faces in the mud on rugby pitches.

A few years ago, people werent mentally twisted into believing there are 130 different genders and that men could be women if they really really really really wanted to be.

4....today...in the state. But the sickness of the left is just getting started.
Do you think the state government should be making a law because of a single person? There is literally one person in the entire state this law will effect right now with no complaints or issues that I have been able to find leveled agains them. This is a ridiculous amount of micromanagement from a state government.

Do you think the state government should be making a law because of a single person? There is literally one person in the entire state this law will effect right now with no complaints or issues that I have been able to find leveled agains them. This is a ridiculous amount of micromanagement from a state government.
Do you think womens athletics programs should be putting other people at risk because of a single person?

Cuts both ways...doesnt it.

And again...thats today. A few years ago we wouldnt have conceived of this as a problem because people werent stupid enough to believe men were women just because they really really really want to be.

Do you think womens athletics programs should be putting other people at risk because of a single person?

Cuts both ways...doesnt it.

And again...thats today. A few years ago we wouldnt have conceived of this as a problem because people werent stupid enough to believe men were women just because they really really really want to be.
No one is being put at risk.

Stop the histrionics.

Sheesh.. the ignorance and bigotry is astounding.

For a person to transition.. it requires years of hormone blocking, and hormone replacement therapy which essentially nullifies any advantages that would be gained. And in the case of females transitioning to males? they would have even less advantage.

No one is being put at risk.

Stop the histrionics.

Sheesh.. the ignorance and bigotry is astounding.

For a person to transition.. it requires years of hormone blocking, and hormone replacement therapy which essentially nullifies any advantages that would be gained. And in the case of females transitioning to males? they would have even less advantage.
sdfsdf.jpg
fallon-fox.png

aefews.jpg

Men pretending to be women shouldnt be competing against women.

Men shouldnt be competing against women.

xcsd.jpg

sdfsdss.jpg

View attachment 67383245
View attachment 67383246

View attachment 67383247

Men pretending to be women shouldnt be competing against women.
An amateur MMA fighter has died after suffering a fatal brain injury during a fight this weekend.

Saeideh – known as Sai – Aletaha, 26, collapsed during the bout at Central Hall in Southampton on Saturday night and was taken to hospital in a life-threatening condition but died the next day.
She fought a women of similar height and weight.

How is the one transgender girl in Utah sports hurting anybody? Please explain. At least we have one Republican making any kind of sense on the issue.

How is the one transgender girl in Utah sports hurting anybody? Please explain. At least we have one Republican making any kind of sense on the issue.
1-Ask that of the actual girls that lose to men. A lot of them had a lot to say following the guy in the pool.
2-Again...1...today. A few years ago NO men were beating the shit out of women in MMA rings, or on rugby pitches, courts, etc.

If you are so convinced that 1 person isnt that big of a deal, then why do you insist the 'victims be actual women and not the man poretending to be a woman?

1-Ask that of the actual girls that lose to men. A lot of them had a lot to say following the guy in the pool.
2-Again...1...today. A few years ago NO men were beating the shit out of women in MMA rings, or on rugby pitches, courts, etc.

If you are so convinced that 1 person isnt that big of a deal, then why do you insist the 'victims be actual women and not the man poretending to be a woman?
What harm is the one transgender girl doing in Utah female sports? That was my question. I would appreciate an answer.

What harm is the one transgender girl doing in Utah female sports? That was my question. I would appreciate an answer.
Your question is a joke.
1647943923_Womens-advocacy-groups-silence-transgender-swimmer-Leah-Thomas-dominance-in.jpg

Your question is a joke.
Your answer is a joke. I asked you about the transgender girl in Utah. Is she dominating women's sports? That's essentially what is Utah is doing. They are banning somebody who is not breaking records or not getting any headlines.

Social cons have a pathological need to see trans women as a threat. They utilize the extremely rare cases such as Lia Thomas's as an excuse to persecute all trans people.

Social cons have a pathological need to see trans women as a threat. They utilize the extremely rare cases such as Lia Thomas's as an excuse to persecute all trans people.
They can no longer pick on gay people anymore. Now, they have turned their attention to another "other group". Sadly, these people are the most discriminated against group of people in our country. High unemployment. High poverty. Pretty much all of them experience physical and mental abuse after coming out as their true self. And what are social cons whining about? Kids winning metals and ribbons? I hate to break it people, but there's no "even playing field in sports". Biological advantages are part of the game. In the WNBA, we had a 7'2, 223 pound genetic woman named Margo Dydek, Margo had an incredible biological advantages over the other women.

They can no longer pick on gay people anymore. Now, they have turned their attention to another "other group". Sadly, these people are the most discriminated against group of people in our country. High unemployment. High poverty. Pretty much all of them experience physical and mental abuse after coming out as their true self. And what are social cons whining about? Kids winning metals and ribbons? I hate to break it people, but there's no "even playing field in sports". Biological advantages are part of the game. In the WNBA, we had a 7'2, 223 pound genetic woman named Margo Dydek, Margo had an incredible biological advantages over the other women.
More victims, more heroes.

If we're going to be consistent with what the transphobes want, then we should not segregate sports according to gender but according to something along the lines of boxing weight classes.

One class for every gender that the transphobes think we believe in.

They should just get rid of women's sports. It's very sexists to keep them separate.

Well and there is complete and willful ignorance of the facts.
Like according to ncaa rules.. Lia had to go undergo HRT or hormone replacement therapy. During this time she was doing hrt and ( and still does). She swam with the men's team and her times steadily dropped as she lost muscle and gained fat and increased recovery time.

When she was cleared by the ncaa to return to swimming on the women's team..
Did she start breaking records? No. She had poor to mediocre times..
But according to her..she felt so much better mentally and comfortable in her own skin and so she trained harder..and harder and her times continued to improve until yes..she was breaking records.
Hardly the narrative that the right wingers want you to believe.

The thing most troublingly deplorable about the G.O.P. is the avoidable cruelty they make unavoidable.

Jesus is watching.

G.O.P. policy is to deliberately prevent poorest residents, especially males, from obtaining routine preventative medical care
despite studies supporting that it would cost those G.O.P. states no more to do what the other 38 states and DC have done...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/1...why-thats-a-problem-for-all-of-us-11631225743

12 states still refuse to expand Medicaid. Why that's a problem for all of us​

Sep 9, 2021 — “Expanding Medicaid would increase federal revenue to the 14 states by $49 billion in 2022; state matching costs would be $5 billion. More ...
im-398467

US election: Full transcript of Donald Trump's obscene videotape​

Published - 9 October 2016
"..I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
Bush: "Whatever you want."
Trump: "Grab them by the pu**y. You can do anything.."

March 29, 2022
"...
"Women are flooding in from Texas," she said.

At the Comprehensive Women's Health Center, Texans make up a fifth of all patients on some days, and appointments are backlogged several weeks, according to Cohen. She said the out-of-state patients tend to be further along in pregnancy, either because they needed time to sort out their work and travel logistics to get to a clinic with available appointments or because they encountered problems later in pregnancy that put their health or the fetus in danger, like their water breaking early.

"They can develop heavy bleeding, they can develop infection, and there's also a very high risk that the fetus won't survive," Cohen said. "The safest thing to do is to end the pregnancy, but they're just not able to access that care in Texas."
..."Your ability to exercise your reproductive autonomy is going to be incredibly dependent on where you live," White said....
The Texas law permits abortions after six weeks when a pregnancy threatens the woman's life or threatens a medical emergency.

...16 states use their own Medicaid funds to cover the procedure.."

No pandemic pause in these G.O.P. states or in the federal system where Trump rushed three executions in 2021 before finally being
removed from office.

Trump grants clemency to troops in three controversial war ...

https://www.militarytimes.com › news › 2019/11/16 › t...
Nov 15, 2019 — President Donald Trump has pardoned a former U.S. soldier convicted in 2009 of killing an Iraqi prisoner, the White House announced Monday.

Defense Secretary Says Trump Ordered Him To Let Eddie​

Gallagher Retire As Navy SEAL​

https://www.npr.org ›

Nov 25, 2019 — ... Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer Forced Out Amid Controversy ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom