• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking: US Government Charges Edward Snowden With Espionage

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
by Jim Hoft
June 21, 2013

NSA Leaker Edward Snowden Charged

The US government formally charged Edward Snowden with espionage in leaks about NSA surveillance programs. The charges were filed in the Eastern District of Virginia.
The Washington Post reported: Federal prosecutors have filed a sealed criminal complaint against Edward Snowden,...

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Breaking: US Government Charges Edward Snowden With Espionage | The Gateway Pundit

There's been a lot said about charging Ed Snowden. Is he or isn't he a spy. We now know how the Federal gov't will handle the case.

A "sealed" criminal complaint? This fits in really well. We spy on you. We imprison you without revealing why.

Nice job Washington! Democracy rears its ugly head.

Free Snowden!

A "sealed" criminal complaint? This fits in really well. We spy on you. We imprison you without revealing why.

Nice job Washington! Democracy rears its ugly head.

Free Snowden!

How else do you expect them to handle a case involving national security?

By telling the truth? Not all of us support this spying on us. Now that we found out, why bother hiding it?

How else do you expect them to handle a case involving national security?

OK. It seems to me "the cat is out of the bag" already so I'm not sure what the "secret" is.

My impressions of tis case are not political. This spying has been going on for a long time. What Snowden did was not for profit. He was so disturbed by our owners spying on us that he gave up his life to tell us. Any minute now I expect to hear how "cowardly" this "traitor" is. But I don't agree.

Please see my signature line for the disclaimer.

It's not that simple. Cases of national security never are.

The company that he worked for does a lot of national security work for the government, so I am sure there are aspects to this case that we aren't privy to.

Look, I don't disagree with what Snowden did. I don't think what he did was cowardly, quite the opposite. He knew the consequences and still did the right thing. That takes guts. I also don't think he is a traitor.

OK. It seems to me "the cat is out of the bag" already so I'm not sure what the "secret" is.

My impressions of tis case are not political. This spying has been going on for a long time. What Snowden did was not for profit. He was so disturbed by our owners spying on us that he gave up his life to tell us. Any minute now I expect to hear how "cowardly" this "traitor" is. But I don't agree.

Tell that to Bradass Brad Manning.

Tell him what? That he'll get in trouble? I'm actually OK with Manning but what he revealed was our owners machinations. Snowden revealed their spying on us.

These guys are patriots and they will suffer for that patriotism. Best to accept the police state and don't rock the boat.

Tell that to Bradass Brad Manning.

Back
Top Bottom