• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING : Ukraine to propose 'martial law' as it edges closer to war with "Russia"

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
BREAKING : ITS a WAR, or almost a war, what vova putler wants to pull off here? is to all about falling oil prices (as we all know "Muscovy is gas-station masquerading as a country") ?

"Ukraine to propose 'martial law' as it edges closer to war with "Russia"

Ukraine is proposing to introduce a state of 'martial law' as it edges closer to all-out war with Russia.

Its National Security and Defence Council (NSDC) met at midnight local time (10pm UK time) to discuss events in the Black Sea this afternoon - when Russian warships fired on Ukrainian Navy boats and seized three of their vessels."https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-ukraine-proposes-martial-law-13644985

BREAKING : ITS a WAR, or almost a war, what vova putler wants to pull off here? is to all about falling oil prices (as we all know "Muscovy is gas-station masquerading as a country") ?

"Ukraine to propose 'martial law' as it edges closer to war with "Russia"

Ukraine is proposing to introduce a state of 'martial law' as it edges closer to all-out war with Russia.

Its National Security and Defence Council (NSDC) met at midnight local time (10pm UK time) to discuss events in the Black Sea this afternoon - when Russian warships fired on Ukrainian Navy boats and seized three of their vessels."https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-ukraine-proposes-martial-law-13644985

Um, the coal. They still get 3.5 million tons from Russia every year.

_104481833_ukraine_crimea_russia_v2_624map-nc.png

_104485887_141aee64-13df-457d-8fec-d27ef3e84d1b.jpg

Why is the Sea of Azov a flashpoint?

The shallow Sea of Azov lies east of Crimea, and south of the Ukrainian regions partially seized by pro-Russian separatists.

The two Ukrainian ports on its northern shore - Berdyansk and Mariupol - are key to exporting grain and products such as steel, as well as for importing coal.

President Poroshenko has described the ports as key to Ukraine's economy.

"If they block a vessel with Ukrainian iron and steel products from Mariupol for one day, the cost is thousands of dollars," he told the Washington Post in September.

Iron and steel products from Mariupol make up 25% of Ukraine's export revenue, he added.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46340283

I guarantee that exporting via rail to Odessa or Poland will be fara cheaper than a full war.

Remember the Berlin Airlift? When the US made the decision to supply Berlin by air as it was far cheaper than war? They flew coal in.

I guarantee that exporting via rail to Odessa or Poland will be fara cheaper than a full war.

Remember the Berlin Airlift? When the US made the decision to supply Berlin by air as it was far cheaper than war? They flew coal in.

MUSCOVY fights 5 wars today, do you think that they can fight one more?

MUSCOVY fights 5 wars today, do you think that they can fight one more?

Do you want to find out?

It is worth just working around so you can dmeonstrate that you don't need to use those ports at all. remove that power from Russia.

The most upsetting thing you can do to a narcissist is to ignore them.

Not our fight. The US should stay out of it. If both those foolish countries want to have at it, I say let them.

Do you want to find out?

It is worth just working around so you can dmeonstrate that you don't need to use those ports at all. remove that power from Russia.

The most upsetting thing you can do to a narcissist is to ignore them.

all Muscovite experts are suggesting that cooperative ozero wants to fight only commercial wars (Libya : oil- gas , CAR : diamonds, gold, uranium, and other minerals) . Ukrainian war is a costly hardcore for ozero

all Muscovite experts are suggesting that cooperative ozero wants to fight only commercial wars (Libya : oil- gas , CAR : diamonds, gold, uranium, and other minerals) . Ukrainian war is a costly hardcore for ozero

Just because they want to fight in a certain way does not mean that they will not be verypainful enemies if you go to war conventionally with them

Wars areeasyto start. It is the finnishing of them that is the trouble.

I have read that except for its nuclear bombs Russia is a paper tiger.

Ukraine could probably kick Russia's butt, for I hear that the Russian army is full of sullen and angry young men who resent the brutal way they are treated.

Maybe President Putin should be careful, lest he be overthrown because of a war that he foolishly started.

Ukraine could probably kick Russia's butt, for I hear that the Russian army is full of sullen and angry young men who resent the brutal way they are treated.

Maybe President Putin should be careful, lest he be overthrown because of a war that he foolishly started.

you are 100% right, where local Muslims badly dominate the local Orthodox solders , Muslims force them even in gay- whoring for cash

That is too much speculation to go to war over. How could one possibly measure this to any effective rate?

Not looking good.

Ukraine says Russia opened fire on its naval vessels, seized them

The Ukrainian military said Sunday that Russian boats opened fire on and seized three of its ships near Crimea, escalating a standoff over the Kerch Strait, a key waterway that holds strategic importance for both countries.

The incident marks a major escalation in tensions between the two former Soviet Republics. On Monday, Ukrainian lawmakers will vote on whether to declare martial law, following a proposal by the country's President Petro Poroshenko. An emergency United Nations Security Council meeting has been called for Monday to discuss the issue.

In a statement, the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense said the small gunboats Berdyansk and Nikopol and the tugboat Yana Kapu were attacked.

Six of its sailors were injured in the incident, Ukraine's navy said, adding the tugboat and the Berdyansk were disabled by Russian forces and were being towed away by the Russian navy. The undamaged Nikopol also is under Russian control, Ukraine said.

The Ukrainian Navy says its ships were planning to enter the Kerch Strait to access the city of Mariupol before they were fired upon by Russian forces. The strait connects the Azov Sea with the Black Sea and runs between the Crimean Peninsula and Russia. It's a shallow, narrow stretch of water just two to three miles (3.2 to 4.8 kilometers) wide at one point near the Chuska landspit.

The strait is an important economic lifeline for Ukraine, as it allows ships leaving the port city of Mariupol to access the Black Sea.

This does make clear why Russia annexed Crimea. But why is Russia picking this fight by trying to economically pinch off Ukraine? How is this to their benefit? Is it for retaliation or is this a strategic move?

Not looking good.
Ukraine says Russia opened fire on its naval vessels, seized themThe Ukrainian military said Sunday that Russian boats opened fire on and seized three of its ships near Crimea, escalating a standoff over the Kerch Strait, a key waterway that holds strategic importance for both countries.The incident marks a major escalation in tensions between the two former Soviet Republics. On Monday, Ukrainian lawmakers will vote on whether to declare martial law, following a proposal by the country's President Petro Poroshenko. An emergency United Nations Security Council meeting has been called for Monday to discuss the issue.In a statement, the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense said the small gunboats Berdyansk and Nikopol and the tugboat Yana Kapu were attacked.Six of its sailors were injured in the incident, Ukraine's navy said, adding the tugboat and the Berdyansk were disabled by Russian forces and were being towed away by the Russian navy. The undamaged Nikopol also is under Russian control, Ukraine said.The Ukrainian Navy says its ships were planning to enter the Kerch Strait to access the city of Mariupol before they were fired upon by Russian forces. The strait connects the Azov Sea with the Black Sea and runs between the Crimean Peninsula and Russia. It's a shallow, narrow stretch of water just two to three miles (3.2 to 4.8 kilometers) wide at one point near the Chuska landspit.The strait is an important economic lifeline for Ukraine, as it allows ships leaving the port city of Mariupol to access the Black Sea.
This does make clear why Russia annexed Crimea. But why is Russia picking this fight by trying to economically pinch off Ukraine? How is this to their benefit? Is it for retaliation or is this a strategic move?
The citizens of Crimea voted overwhelmingly to become a part of Russia when they rejected the USA instigated Coup d'Etat that gave its' Ukraine vassal control of Ukraine with approximately 13% approval by eligivle voters. Crimea did not accept that. This changed the territorrial waters and mileage limits for Ukraine. I think Ukraine should kiss Russia's ass if it wants any access at all to the Black Sea and/or maritime routes between Odessa and Mariupal. Russia has de facto strategic advantage./

There is an election coming up in March of 2019 which Poroshenko will likely not win. The speculation in Russian circles is that by creating a crisis, Poroshenko can declare martial law(which has already been done, I believe?) which will then postpone the election until martial law is lifted.

I don't know how valid these claims are but this is the way it is being spun by the Russians. I hope we are not foolish enough to get sucked into this one way or the other. Ukraine is a cesspool and Russia is Russia. I don't see why we have to pick a side.

There is an election coming up in March of 2019 which Poroshenko will likely not win. The speculation in Russian circles is that by creating a crisis, Poroshenko can declare martial law(which has already been done, I believe?) which will then postpone the election until martial law is lifted.

I don't know how valid these claims are but this is the way it is being spun by the Russians. I hope we are not foolish enough to get sucked into this one way or the other. Ukraine is a cesspool and Russia is Russia. I don't see why we have to pick a side.
I do. 700,000 tons worth times $113. We should increase that to 4.2 million tons x $125. Unless of course the Ukraine still wants Russia’s coal.

I do. 700,000 tons worth times $113. We should increase that to 4.2 million tons x $125. Unless of course the Ukraine still wants Russia’s coal.
Any deal with Ukraine is a guaranteed failure. They will default when it comes time to collect the money. They have no money.

Any deal with Ukraine is a guaranteed failure. They will default when it comes time to collect the money. They have no money.

410,000 tons of coal was bought by them last year. This years 700,000 is already sold to them under contract. The cash is guaranteed.

The citizens of Crimea voted overwhelmingly to become a part of Russia when they rejected the USA instigated Coup d'Etat that gave its' Ukraine vassal control of Ukraine with approximately 13% approval by eligivle voters. Crimea did not accept that.

This referendum was illegal, as it was held under the guns of the Russian invaders.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this information. Andrei Piontkovsky is one of the few Russians who adequately estimate the situation in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict. Of course, not so many persons in this forum will be able to understand what is being said here, since Ukrainian and Russian are used here.

Back
Top Bottom