• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING: Source Says of Wounded Ballwin Officer, ‘It’s Not Good’

Well, crap.

BREAKING: Source Says of Wounded Ballwin Officer, ‘It’s Not Good’ « CBS St. Louis

Sounds like the cop got shot while walking back to his car after a traffic stop.
If the officer didn't do exactly as the citizen asked and made sudden movements then the citizen was right to shoot the officer out of an abundance of caution.

If we start using the same excuses to justify police shootings that police use to justify shooting citizens then maybe the point will become clear...

If the officer didn't do exactly as the citizen asked and made sudden movements then the citizen was right to shoot the officer out of an abundance of caution.

If we start using the same excuses to justify police shootings that police use to justify shooting citizens then maybe the point will become clear...

Do you also support that if YOU don't do exactly what a private citizen asked and you made a sudden movement, they are free to shoot you? Especially if you are walking away from them.

Let's not jump to hysteria just yet ...

I don't care what anybody says, that's a danged good post!

Let's not jump to hysteria just yet ...
The US has been on a path to race riots, that will put the riots after the assignation of MLK look small.
Not hysteria, just an outsiders observation.
Not on topic, but relevant of the divide between Black/White
OJ Simpson- Innocent- Guilty- Went down race lines - white mainly stated guilty - Blacks mainly stated innocent.

The problem that has manifested itself is a failure to imagine anyone else's point of view but our own. In Baton Rouge the cops were responding to a call where they had reason to believe that the suspect they were about to engage was armed and a threat to the people around him. Their actions, based on that point of view, were reasonable. Sterling and the others protesting his demise STILL fail to see that perspective.

In Minneapolis it appears that the cop failed to imagine that the person he was engaging was LAWFULLY carrying a firearm.

The result of this continued internal focus and vehement defense of that internal vision to the exclusion of all other possibilities has lead to what we saw in Dallas.

The US has been on a path to race riots, that will put the riots after the assignation of MLK look small.
Not hysteria, just an outsiders observation.
Not on topic, but relevant of the divide between Black/White
OJ Simpson- Innocent- Guilty- Went down race lines - white mainly stated guilty - Blacks mainly stated innocent.
I see where you're going with this, but it's not been determined today's the day

We'll see, but let's not jump the gun.

The problem that has manifested itself is a failure to imagine anyone else's point of view but our own. In Baton Rouge the cops were responding to a call where they had reason to believe that the suspect they were about to engage was armed and a threat to the people around him. Their actions, based on that point of view, were reasonable. Sterling and the others protesting his demise STILL fail to see that perspective.

In Minneapolis it appears that the cop failed to imagine that the person he was engaging was LAWFULLY carrying a firearm.

The result of this continued internal focus and vehement defense of that internal vision to the exclusion of all other possibilities has lead to what we saw in Dallas.

That is because both responses were due to people calling in saying they both had guns.

That puts cops on high alert right off the bat.
The first thing that you do if you are armed and the police show up is say I am armed and there is a gun on me.

I believe that this is one of the first things the go over in class for cc

That is because both responses were due to people calling in saying they both had guns.

That puts cops on high alert right off the bat.
The first thing that you do if you are armed and the police show up is say I am armed and there is a gun on me.

I believe that this is one of the first things the go over in class for cc

The first thing you do is make damned sure that the cop knows you are not going to be a threat. Telling him or her that you are armed might be part of that if you're carrying concealed but depending on how the cop is acting you may want to let him do his thing first.

i love that they took down the suspect with a stun gun

now i hope the whole episode was captured on his patrol car video, and this perp goes away for a LONG LONG time

Don't put such a stupid post like that.

The what?

Bubbas getting fed up with the system not working or corruption or what have you and they individually take it upon themselves to enact reprisal for the perceived injustices perpetrated against themselves or their country at large. Once the ball gets rolling **** goes downhill fast. Its very hard to stop, as it becomes a feedback loop unless steps are taken to calm things down and fix perceived injustices.

Do you also support that if YOU don't do exactly what a private citizen asked and you made a sudden movement, they are free to shoot you? Especially if you are walking away from them.

He was mocking cop logic.

Back
Top Bottom