• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

* Breaking: Rishi Sunak set to be UK’s next prime minister.

Channe79

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Rishi Sunak was the only person formally nominated to become the Conservative leader, meaning the planned week-long contest no longer needed to continue.
Instead, Sunak will spend Monday preparing to take over at Downing Street.

Sunak said trans people should be “respected” but sees biology as “fundamental” in the context of bathrooms and sports.
Sunak also wants to crack down on illegal immigration.
He wants to double number of illegals deported.
He's not liked by the leftist media.
I like him.

Taking bets on how long Rishi last

Will he last as long as
Lettuce
Cabbage
Carrots
Onions
Beef Jerky
A Twinkie

He's better than your loser Trudeau who is about as weak and inept as they come.
If you don't like Rishi, that's means he's good for the UK.

Rishi Sunak was the only person formally nominated to become the Conservative leader, meaning the planned week-long contest no longer needed to continue.

Sunak said trans people should be “respected” but sees biology as “fundamental” in the context of bathrooms and sports.
I like him.
Of course, you don't, ^^he's not liked by leftists. lol You like being transparent don't ya.

His political masters are the same, he's just more house trained than Zahawi and Truss. He won't be making schoolboy errors. He's a bankster billionaire, so that's a first! His libertarian leanings will emerge slowly
Johnson returned to the nation which kicked him out expecting open arms, discovered he couldn't raise a quorum to even stand much less win, and got the next flight out. That left the only declared candidate Penny Mordaunt, under extreme pressure to withdraw in Sunak's favour, thus avoiding the hurdle of getting the racist party members to vote for a brown leader.

We will see how long he lasts. I do think after all of England's troubles with their conservatives failing one by one miserably, this experiment will be over for some time. Just like in America, sometimes you need to learn the hard lessons to know what actually works. I will wait and watch their ousting in 2025 when the people of that country get an actual vote again.

He seems slightly more reasonable than the other absolute morons they've had running the country these last few years but I would say overall the tories are finished.

Labor and its leader aren't exactly thrilling, but I can't imagine barring some pretty major turnaround in Conservative attitude to many things that affect most British people like the NHS, they will be able to cling to power.

The Tories have once again shot themselves in the foot. Then again, the UK is a mess, so it's not a surprise.

He's better than your loser Trudeau who is about as weak and inept as they come.
If you don't like Rishi, that's means he's good for the UK.

If you don't Iike the UK and it's people Boris was great, Truss was phenomenal and Rishi I am sure will be just as great as Boris

Someone has predicted his first speech.

- The "greatest privilege of my life" - "We face a profound economic challenge" - Utmost priority to "bring our party and country together" - "I will serve you with integrity and humility and work day in day out to deliver for the British people"

If you don't Iike the UK and it's people Boris was great, Truss was phenomenal and Rishi I am sure will be just as great as Boris
It's not as if he wasn't part of the team that created the mess he's been delegated to clean up!

This is the guy who did a man of the people photoshoot, filling his car at the petrol station, except the car was "borrowed" from an employee, and when he went to pay he was baffled by the "tap and go" payment card system!

Last edited:
Ff14atMXwAEmSci

My money is on the Twinkie. Do those things even biodegrade?

In its packaging stored in a cupboard I expect they would last 10 years, perhaps become stale but would still look like a twinkle.

I expect Rishi will last as long as properly stored yellow onions

I like him.
He isn't Jewish and that seems to be a plus for you for some reason.

It makes me so mad that people of color willingly let themselves become props for terrible political parties.
If he is a conservative ideologically, then what other party would he be a member of in the UK?

He seems slightly more reasonable than the other absolute morons they've had running the country these last few years but I would say overall the tories are finished.

Labor and its leader aren't exactly thrilling, but I can't imagine barring some pretty major turnaround in Conservative attitude to many things that affect most British people like the NHS, they will be able to cling to power.
Spot on. It’s reminiscent of the mid-90s when the Tories had been in power for too long and were just corrupt and jaded. Labour won by a historic landslide in 1997, could see a significant win for them in a year or two.

I never liked reading off a card either!

Is it only six weeks since the Tory party membership rejected him in favour of Lizz Truss? How time flies!

Spot on. It’s reminiscent of the mid-90s when the Tories had been in power for too long and were just corrupt and jaded. Labour won by a historic landslide in 1997, could see a significant win for them in a year or two.

Only issue is Keir Starmer is no 90's Tony Blair.

Back
Top Bottom