• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking: Possible charges to be filed against Mateen's wife. She knew in ad[W:185]

Re: Breaking: Possible charges to be filed against Mateen's wife. She knew in advan

Failure to inform authorities should not be a crime. Being an asshole that makes that a crime however should be punishable by death.

Are you kidding me? You think that having knowledge of a crime soon to be committed and withholding that information is not worthy of a punishment? I feel this woman is as guilty as if she pulled the trigger. 49 lives lost, many more changed forever and she has no responsibility in your opinion. I'm glad I don't live in the world you've described.

the law already is in place You are an accessory if you aid, request, or plan a crime, or help someone get away with a crime. Driving him to the location to assess the club, watching him by the ammunition specifically for the said crime - not alerting the police of his intent is all helping someone get away with a crime. Makes them an accessory.

Re: Breaking: Possible charges to be filed against Mateen's wife. She knew in advan

If she knew about it, then she definitely should be charged! Supporting henious acts silently and not taking action is a crime....certainly no sympathy for such people!

oh yes, just like ISIS wouldn't exist if not for islam. No one is ever driven to murder by religion

nothing you say can convince me that if not for being a radicalized muslim the victims would be alive. Maybe eventually he would've chosen a different target, but it's no coincidence he picked a gay bar and **claimed allegiance to ISIS**

there can be a confluence of factors but it sure as **** isn't JUST mental illness, and it sure as **** DOES include religion

Oh dear lord. Mental illness? This isn't about mental illness. He had a personality disorder. Those are not the same thing.

https://www.elementsbehavioralhealt...tween-personality-disorder-and-mood-disorder/

There may be nothing I can say to "change our mind," but I'm not trying to. You can be wrong all day long. I don't care. Someone with a personality disorder has a glitch in their system. They don't relate to humans the way others do. So what I bolded in your statement? It is precisely the point I'm making. He eventually would have picked a target. And he would have picked a method.

Why? Because he didn't see someone who thinks differently as human enough to deserve life. Eventually he was going to find someone to release that pathological rage on and kill. He it with a knife, because they angered his God or because they believed in God, or because they stole his ****ing push pop.

Spare me this "blame religion" bull****. You are just making excuses because it scares you that someone could have such a major glitch in the system that they were going to kill someone no matter what the excuse is.

On another note? Did you know 85% of gang bangers have personality disorders? But I'm betting you don't blame gang violence on religion? Even though they are significantly more likely to cause violence here state side.

Back
Top Bottom