• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

BREAKING NEWS: Virginia Democrat wins governor's race

Navy Pride said:
So are you saying and African American would never vote for another African American strictly becasue their black?
Spare us the idiotic posts that have bigoted undertones, even for you they are insulting beyond reason.

As hard as this may be for you to do, why not try posting an original thought based on what you think, not on some talking point you heard on FNC or on Michael Medved?

Are you smart enough to know that you just wrote that Black voters are sheep and lack the intelligence to decide on something based on anything other than race? :roll: :doh

You seem to write this stuff all the time, you use an extreme example of something and then forever more you state the extreme as fact.

Really, Navy, write the opposite of your brain is telling you to write and you'll be amazed how many people will agree with you!

Navy Pride said:
Did I say the convention was held in Pa. I think I know a little about Pa. politics since I was born and raised in Western Pa............My liberal crap!!!! I am probably the most conservative person in this forum.........

You really need to get a clue

No you really need to get a clue Navy. Being born and raised here means you know about PA politics as much as I know about politics in Philadelphia since I was born and raised there (I live near Harrisburg now, by the way). Oh wait, under your logic, I should be an expert. :roll:

I've lived here my entire life, and the laws passed and people elected have affected me my entire life. You were given a poll which was taken of people across the entire state, and you masked validity of said poll because it proved mine and a few other's point, that Pennsylvania can and will very likely replace Santorum with Casey Jr.

You blame liberals for every woe of this country and of the Republican party. Wow, and here I thought Republican's were the ones who believed in personal responsibility. Or is the only time that comes into play, when it's talking about people on the Welfare rolls.

Navy Pride said:
So are you saying and African American would never vote for another African American strictly becasue their black? You ever hear of CVharlie Rangel? oh and you ever hear of OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson.......Did you know that most African Americans thought they were both innocent?:roll:

Did you ever hear of the fact that blacks in Philadelphia voted for Ed Rendell in droves... TWICE for mayor of Philadelphia, and once for Governor? Isn't it a bit stereotypical to assume that they would simply vote for Swann, because he is black? But I guess stereotyping is something that you only know how to do, since you've still YET to prove to anyone on this thread why Pennsylvanians wouldn't vote for a pro-life democrat, an assertion YOU'VE made.

Navy Pride said:
I would not underestimate Swann if I were you, and lay off the Steeler cracks...Those are fighting words!!!!!:lol:

Fighting words for who? The Beagles (Eagles) suck as much as the Squeelers(Steelers) do.

Navy Pride said:
Name what? a dem that favors civil unions or gay marriage..:confused:

Rudy G. might bot be in the Senate but he a leader in the republican party and a possible candidate for president in 2008.........

Oh yeah I saw what you said about Kerry..what day of the week was that.....He is for gay marriage on Tuesdays but on Wednesdays he is against it....:lol: Not a good example my friend......
Sorry, I meant name a senate republican who is for gay marriage/civil unions. Kerry's never been for gay marriage, he's always spoken as a proponent for civil unions. (Of course, he claims that's because of his religion but then is a hypocrite when he doesn't claim that when it comes to abortion. :roll: ) I'm just curious which senate republicans in the "big tent" has come out for gm/cu since you're pounding the "no dems are pro-life" point that you've been pounding.

KidRocks said:
WE WON JERSY TOO!!

What's next?

Virgina had a Democrat governor and voted in a Democrat governor and the vote margin was the same as the last election
New Jersey had a Democrat governor and voted in a Democrat governor and they actually lost vote margin to the Republicans
New York had a Republican Mayor and relected a Republican mayor and they actaully gained vote margin.

In Virginia the Republicans took the Lt. Govenor, the Attorney General and 2 of the 3 statewide races for the state house.

So what exactly are you crowing about?

Stinger said:
Virgina had a Democrat governor and voted in a Democrat governor and the vote margin was the same as the last election
New Jersey had a Democrat governor and voted in a Democrat governor and they actually lost vote margin to the Republicans
New York had a Republican Mayor and relected a Republican mayor and they actaully gained vote margin.

In Virginia the Republicans took the Lt. Govenor, the Attorney General and 2 of the 3 statewide races for the state house.

um . . . er . .

THEY WON! Stop getting in the way of our parade. Next up . . .we're going to win the Mayoral race in D.C.! They said we'd never win it, well guess who's laughing now.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

several people mentioned that the Republicans had a big smear campaign. well, i was also able to vote about electing to the House. i got all kinds of mail from the democrats trashing Troy Lapitino. I didnt see any from Lapitino against Barlowe. ever campaign is different, i think.

debate_junkie said:
Fighting words for who? The Beagles (Eagles) suck as much as the Squeelers(Steelers) do.

You have it half right.....The Eagles do suck 4-4 record but the Steelers are 6-2 and are playing great........One can only surmise you know little about the NFL.......

Navy Pride said:
So are you saying and African American would never vote for another African American strictly becasue their black? You ever hear of CVharlie Rangel? oh and you ever hear of OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson.......Did you know that most African Americans thought they were both innocent?:roll:

NP,

Can you back up those statements with sources?

P.S. I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your service to our country on Veterans Day.

Thank you!

vetsday-250x156-02.gif

Stinger said:

Well, that's the spin I've been hearing.

Here's how I look at it. We Dems have been like "D" students when it comes to elections recently. We got an "A-" on a pop quiz and it's the first good news we've had in a long time.

We're right to be excited, we also know there is a lot more work to be done, but this was a very positive step for us.

Navy Pride said:
You have it half right.....The Eagles do suck 4-4 record but the Steelers are 6-2 and are playing great........One can only surmise you know little about the NFL.......

LMAO ummm ok. The Steelers are a PA team.. they suck by default, so yeah, think you know.

hipsterdufus said:
We got an "A-" on a pop quiz and it's the first good news we've had in a long time.

We're right to be excited, we also know there is a lot more work to be done, but this was a very positive step for us.

I would say it was more like an open-book quiz.

Stinger said:
If you consider Mayor Mike a real Republican then you need to rethink your position! Virtually every appointee Mike has made has been a Democrat, and I'm hard pressed to think of 5 Republican platform planks that he supports.

What he does do is play the politics game quite well. I believe that when Hillary is elected President in 2008 he will be even more of a Democrat than he is today.

He's Pro-Choice, Pro-Gay Marriage, ANTI-Prayer in Public, Pro Stem Cell Research, Pro Environment etc.

The world would be a far better place if all Republicans would be like Mike Bloomberg!

Virginia Democrat wins governor's race
They stole the election....:rolleyes:

Navy Pride said:
According to your posts about Libby people are innocent till proven guilty... Or does that statement only apply to white members of the Bush team?

Navy Pride said:

Uuhhh, and so did both juries!!! :2razz:

hipsterdufus said:
NP,

Can you back up those statements with sources?

P.S. I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your service to our country on Veterans Day.

Thank you!

vetsday-250x156-02.gif

Thanks hips, I consider it and honor to have served and defended my country........

Are you talking about what I said about MJ and OJ?

The point I was trying to make is most Americans thought they were guilty and most African Americans thought they were innocent............

It is my opinion that a lot of African Amricans, especially those who nothing about politics would vote for someone of their race under those circumstances, especially a sports star like Swann

FireUltra 98 said:
um . . . er . .

THEY WON! Stop getting in the way of our parade. Next up . . .we're going to win the Mayoral race in D.C.! They said we'd never win it, well guess who's laughing now.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The retained what they already had and if you look at the hard numbers it was the Republicans who increased their position, so what are the Democrats so happy about?

hipsterdufus said:
Well, that's the spin I've been hearing.

That's not spin those are the facts. The spin is coming from your side my friend, it's the Democrat side that is proclaiming a great victory when in fact they only retained what they had and lost ground in New Jersey and New York.

We got an "A-" on a pop quiz and it's the first good news we've had in a long time.

:rofl what's the good, you didn't lose more than you did?

Exicted that you didn't lose what you already had? amazing

26 X World Champs said:
If you consider Mayor Mike a real Republican then you need to rethink your position!

He ran as a Republican against a Democrat. You can try and spin it anyway you want but those are the facts. If you want to go down that road then one could just as easily say that about Kaine in Virgina.

The facts remain, the Dems lost percentages and the Republicans picked up percentages and each party retained what it already had. So why are the Democrats spinning the case as if this was a major victory?

Stinger said:
He ran as a Republican against a Democrat. You can try and spin it anyway you want but those are the facts. If you want to go down that road then one could just as easily say that about Kaine in Virgina.

The facts remain, the Dems lost percentages and the Republicans picked up percentages and each party retained what it already had. So why are the Democrats spinning the case as if this was a major victory?

The dems will take what they can get these days. I say let them have this one. It means nothing.

KCConservative said:
The dems will take what they can get these days. I say let them have this one. It means nothing.

Oh I find it hilarious. I just don't know whether to think that they, the Schummer's and Dean's really believe the nonsense they are saying or just believe they can get away with it because people are so dumb they will believe it.

Stinger said:
Oh I find it hilarious. I just don't know whether to think that they, the Schummer's and Dean's really believe the nonsense they are saying or just believe they can get away with it because people are so dumb they will believe it.
The American people aren't dumb at all. They proved this during the last two elections. The lies and scandals were plentiful, but the people saw through it and voted sensibly.

Stinger said:
The retained what they already had and if you look at the hard numbers it was the Republicans who increased their position, so what are the Democrats so happy about?

Its really hilarious how desperate the dems are.....The hold on to 2 governorships they already had and they call that a victory........What a joke.....

Back
Top Bottom