• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

BREAKING NEWS: Virginia Democrat wins governor's race

aps said:
I think if Warner put his name in the race, he would stand a good chance of getting the nomination. He has more personality than Lieberman, by the way.

They say that what contributed to Kaine winning was that he talked about his faith throughout his campaign. Oh, I'm sure Warner's excellent record helped.

How does Warner win Primaries when Edwards and Leiberman could not? Sadly I think for better or worse your party is stuck with Hillary as your candidate......

Navy Pride said:
How does Warner win Primaries when Edwards and Leiberman could not? Sadly I think for better or worse your party is stuck with Hillary as your candidate......

Edwards was not well known during the primaries, although I think he did okay. I believe that once he joined Kerry that Kerry's numbers shot up. Lieberman does not have personality. Don't get me wrong--I like Lieberman, but when he speaks, oh gosh, he puts me to sleep. I do not think Hillary will be our candidate. I really don't.

By the way, at the time of this election, Warner had an 80% approval rate. And some magazine determined that Virginia was the best-run state in the nation.

aps said:
Edwards was not well known during the primaries, although I think he did okay. I believe that once he joined Kerry that Kerry's numbers shot up. Lieberman does not have personality. Don't get me wrong--I like Lieberman, but when he speaks, oh gosh, he puts me to sleep. I do not think Hillary will be our candidate. I really don't.

By the way, at the time of this election, Warner had an 80% approval rate. And some magazine determined that Virginia was the best-run state in the nation.

Come on aps, Edwards was a U.S. Senator who won 2 primaries, one his home state barely.......His problem was he was a moderate..........

Leiberman was your VP candidate in 2000...

Like I said I like Warner and depending on who the Republican candidate is I might even vote for him if he gets the nomination but I think the far left base of your party has already crowned Queen Hillary as you nominee..........

We shall see but I am putting my money on Hillary....

Navy Pride said:
Come on aps, Edwards was a U.S. Senator who won 2 primaries, one his home state barely.......His problem was he was a moderate..........

Leiberman was your VP candidate in 2000...

Like I said I like Warner and depending on who the Republican candidate is I might even vote for him if he gets the nomination but I think the far left base of your party has already crowned Queen Hillary as you nominee..........

We shall see but I am putting my money on Hillary....
I have no idea if Hillary will prevail as the Dem candidate or not. I really can't read it right now. I like Edwards and I think he may have a shot at this thing in 08.

Based on what happens over the next couple of years and depending on how much trouble the administration gets itself into, we should see some interesting happenings. It'll also be interesting to see how closely Rep candidates in 06 align themselves with Bush. As of now, most of the Rep candidates for senate follow Bush on a fairly close line. That could prove to be nice for the Dems in 06 and in 08.

ShullsM said:
I have no idea if Hillary will prevail as the Dem candidate or not. I really can't read it right now. I like Edwards and I think he may have a shot at this thing in 08.

Based on what happens over the next couple of years and depending on how much trouble the administration gets itself into, we should see some interesting happenings. It'll also be interesting to see how closely Rep candidates in 06 align themselves with Bush. As of now, most of the Rep candidates for senate follow Bush on a fairly close line. That could prove to be nice for the Dems in 06 and in 08.

Well Hillary is suppose to be th odds on favorite so we will see.......

As far as republicans in 2006 very few are up for re election and the ones that are firmly entrenched in red states so we will see what happens.........

We have A senator here is Washington state by the name of Maria Cantwell who is a dem and the people in the state are very fed up with her and want a change, so that could be a Republican addition.........

Navy Pride said:
Well Hillary is suppose to be th odds on favorite so we will see.......

As far as republicans in 2006 very few are up for re election and the ones that are firmly entrenched in red states so we will see what happens.........

We have A senator here is Washington state by the name of Maria Cantwell who is a dem and the people in the state are very fed up with her and want a change, so that could be a Republican addition.........

Santorum is out, Navy Pride.

Two October 2005 polls:

If the election for United States Senate were held today, and the choice was between Robert Casey, Jr., the Democrat and Rick Santorum, the Republican, whom would you vote for?

Robert Casey 52%
Rick Santorum 36%
Other 2%
Undecided 10%

http://www.oursenate.com/archives/2005/10/pa_santorum_tra.html

Pennsylvania State Treasurer Robert Casey, Jr., has opened a 52 - 34 percent lead over incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum in the 2006 Senate race, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x11379.xml?ReleaseID=838

Good riddance, you jerk. (Not you, Navy Pride. :cool:)

aps said:
Santorum is out, Navy Pride.

Two October 2005 polls:

If the election for United States Senate were held today, and the choice was between Robert Casey, Jr., the Democrat and Rick Santorum, the Republican, whom would you vote for?

Robert Casey 52%
Rick Santorum 36%
Other 2%
Undecided 10%

http://www.oursenate.com/archives/2005/10/pa_santorum_tra.html

Pennsylvania State Treasurer Robert Casey, Jr., has opened a 52 - 34 percent lead over incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum in the 2006 Senate race, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x11379.xml?ReleaseID=838

Good riddance, you jerk. (Not you, Navy Pride. :cool:)

aps, you liberals depend to much on polls, especially when they favor your position........:lol:

The election is not today and I will be interested to see all the liberal dems in Pa. vote for a pro life candidate when at the 1992 convention the democratic party would not even let his father Governor Carey speak for the simple reason he was pro life..........

When it come to the abortion issue you party has a small tent...........Like I said before can you name me one sure fire pro lifer in the Senate?

I think not..........

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
aps, you liberals depend to much on polls, especially when they favor your position........:lol:

The election is not today and I will be interested to see all the liberal dems in Pa. vote for a pro life candidate when at the 1992 convention the democratic party would not even let his father Governor Carey speak for the simple reason he was pro life..........

When it come to the abortion issue you party has a small tent...........Like I said before can you name me one sure fire pro lifer in the Senate?

I think not..........

I believe that Santorum is out. He's an a$$wipe.

Navy Pride said:

I think not..........
How many senate republicans are for gay marriage/unions? Small tent indeed.

galenrox said:
Oh come on, are you pretending that you didn't pay attention to polls when the approval for Iraq was at 70%?

Whoever's on the wrong side of the polls is always the one claiming that polls are wrong. Like for example there's a man I respect very much, Steve Chapman, but I was reading his piece on Roe v. Wade (he's pro-life), and his explanation for why the poll saying 65% of people oppose the overturning of Roe v. Wade is that people didn't know enough to have an opinion, and that's just reaching too far.

When you have question out there that ask do you know who the Vice President is and Americans can't answer that it makes you wonder how valid their answers would be in a poll....

I have said it over and over again I would never bet my house on the results of any poll be it favorable or otherwise.........

aps said:
I believe that Santorum is out. He's an a$$wipe.

That is your opinion and you know what opinions are like.......

Hey aps, are you going to vote for Hillary if she gets the nomination in 2008?

shuamort said:
How many senate republicans are for gay marriage/unions? Small tent indeed.

I expect quite a few for Civil Unions but not many for Gay marriage...........Most of the dems try and distance themselves from gay marriage too.....

I think the vote for the DOMA was passed with 85 senators voting for it.......The difference between the dems and the republicans is democrats are secretly for gay marriage but don't have the gonads to admit it publicly........

Navy Pride said:
I expect quite a few for Civil Unions but not many for Gay marriage...........Most of the dems try and distance themselves from gay marriage too.....

I think the vote for the DOMA was passed with 85 senators voting for it.......The difference between the dems and the republicans is democrats are secretly for gay marriage but don't have the gonads to admit it publicly........

Oh and although they are not in the Senate I believe Arnold and Rudy both have said they favor gay marriage..........It is a big tent isn't it......

Navy Pride said:
It will be the "Ice Princess" Hillary......She is the darling of your left wing base and she will lose big time because she is fooling no one about moving to the center.
Hey Navy? How come you didn't say "Book It" like you did with Harriet Meirs?

Navy Pride said:
Name one.
I'll name a democrat to make sure it's even:
I think that you need to have civil union. That's my position," Kerry

Your turn.
Navy Pride said:
Oh and although they are not in the Senate I believe Arnold and Rudy both have said they favor gay marriage..........It is a big tent isn't it......
Yes, but they're not in the senate. That's the litmus test you're using for democrats and abortion. Fair's fair and all.

shuamort said:
Name one.
I'll name a democrat to make sure it's even:
I think that you need to have civil union. That's my position," Kerry

Your turn.

Yes, but they're not in the senate. That's the litmus test you're using for democrats and abortion. Fair's fair and all.

Name what? a dem that favors civil unions or gay marriage..:confused:

Rudy G. might bot be in the Senate but he a leader in the republican party and a possible candidate for president in 2008.........

Oh yeah I saw what you said about Kerry..what day of the week was that.....He is for gay marriage on Tuesdays but on Wednesdays he is against it....:lol: Not a good example my friend......

debate_junkie said:
He wouldn't have a hard time running for governor (well unless it was against Lynn Swann, because right now I think some Pennsylvanian's are just star struck with that one). Casey Sr put in the first parental notification laws when it came to minors and abortion.. making it a crime to not get parental notification (unless there were egregious circumstances where it was necessary for a court to "act" as parent) and also to make it a crime to transport a minor over the state line to have an abortion in a state where PN wasn't the law.

And I'll have you know, I'd sooner trust Casey Jr. with that choice, then I would our current "gov" or most of the ones previous. I believe Casey would FIRMLY put it to a vote of the people... A referendum would be put onto our ballot, and we'd get to decide if and how abortion would be legal or illegal in our state, and THAT's as it should be.

Lynn Swann? Give me a break. I loved him as a Steeler, but he has no experience in government, unlike Duane Woodruff, the former Steeler who recently was elected a Judge in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh and surrounding areas) . Woodruff went to law school while on the Steelers, and did a lot of community work. Swann went from football to announcing.

hipsterdufus said:
Lynn Swann? Give me a break. I loved him as a Steeler, but he has no experience in government, unlike Duane Woodruff, the former Steeler who recently was elected a Judge in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh and surrounding areas) . Woodruff went to law school while on the Steelers, and did a lot of community work. Swann went from football to announcing.

I would not rule Lynn Swann out if I were you......He is a very conservative republican who is one of the most popular steelers of all time and is adored by the people of Western Pa.... Oh and he is African American which would get him a lot of votes in the Philadelphia area........

Did you ever hear of Steve largent?

Navy Pride said:

I think not..........

The Convention wasn't held by, nor put together by Pennsylvania voters. What the NATIONAL party does in no way reflects what US Pennsylvanian voters do and think, because in the end, I, and many other Republicans and Democrats alike were disgusted with the DNC for their idiocy. They let the chance slip by to have a great man on their stage.

I like so much, Navy, how you think you know how Pennsylvania, particularly the Democrats will vote in an election. Does that mean we shouldn't even go to the primary, because you've seen the outcome? :roll:

You're liberal crap, well, is just that, crap. Because I'm astounded at how little you really do know about PA politics, since you try to equate how we will vote with what the Democratic NATIONAL Committee did to our then governor.

hipsterdufus said:

Swann, has spent most of his time out in Western PA, too. I've yet to see him engage in any type of event here in Central PA to even begin to disclose what his platform on the issues will be. Hell, he wouldn't even speak a definitive yay or nay to the illegal pay raise passed. Did he have to check with Bill Cowher first, before he could answer? :rofl

Navy Pride said:
I would not rule Lynn Swann out if I were you......He is a very conservative republican who is one of the most popular steelers of all time and is adored by the people of Western Pa.... Oh and he is African American which would get him a lot of votes in the Philadelphia area........

Did you ever hear of Steve largent?

Western Pa isn't the only part of the state voting ROFL.... Central Pa led the charge in ousting Justice Nigro, more than Philly, more than Pittsburgh. The typically "red" counties within this state CRUSHED one Justice's retention, and nearly dashed another. Western PA wouldn't be enough, and how nice. Philly only votes for someone cuz they're black. Hey cnredd... are you listening? LMAO

debate_junkie said:
The Convention wasn't held by, nor put together by Pennsylvania voters. What the NATIONAL party does in no way reflects what US Pennsylvanian voters do and think, because in the end, I, and many other Republicans and Democrats alike were disgusted with the DNC for their idiocy. They let the chance slip by to have a great man on their stage.

I like so much, Navy, how you think you know how Pennsylvania, particularly the Democrats will vote in an election. Does that mean we shouldn't even go to the primary, because you've seen the outcome? :roll:

You're liberal crap, well, is just that, crap. Because I'm astounded at how little you really do know about PA politics, since you try to equate how we will vote with what the Democratic NATIONAL Committee did to our then governor.

Did I say the convention was held in Pa. I think I know a little about Pa. politics since I was born and raised in Western Pa............My liberal crap!!!! I am probably the most conservative person in this forum.........

You really need to get a clue

debate_junkie said:
Swann, has spent most of his time out in Western PA, too. I've yet to see him engage in any type of event here in Central PA to even begin to disclose what his platform on the issues will be. Hell, he wouldn't even speak a definitive yay or nay to the illegal pay raise passed. Did he have to check with Bill Cowher first, before he could answer? :rofl

Did he have to check with Bill Cowher first, before he could answer?

I would not underestimate Swann if I were you, and lay off the Steeler cracks...Those are fighting words!!!!!:lol:

debate_junkie said:
Western Pa isn't the only part of the state voting ROFL.... Central Pa led the charge in ousting Justice Nigro, more than Philly, more than Pittsburgh. The typically "red" counties within this state CRUSHED one Justice's retention, and nearly dashed another. Western PA wouldn't be enough, and how nice. Philly only votes for someone cuz they're black. Hey cnredd... are you listening? LMAO

So are you saying and African American would never vote for another African American strictly becasue their black? You ever hear of CVharlie Rangel? oh and you ever hear of OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson.......Did you know that most African Americans thought they were both innocent?:roll:

Navy Pride said:
.My liberal crap!!!! I am probably the most conservative person in this forum.........

You really need to get a clue
:rofl Dude, he meant the crap you write about Liberals! Remember Navy, write the OPPOSITE of what you're thinking and you'll be closer to the facts...

Back
Top Bottom