• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking News: President Obama Says That Defeating ISIS/ISIL is Top Prioity

The right-wing bitches if Obama speaks about terrorism; the right-wing bitches if Obama doesn't speak about terrorism.

President Obama on Brussels Attack and Priority of ISIS

Has this not always been a priority and if not why now?
What new actions will the U.S. take if any?

Discuss, Debate, Dictate...what have you ;)

I wonder what actions the US can take at this point? It seems like we can't really control what goes on in Western Europe. Maybe boots on the ground somewhere? I don't know. This is just a crazy time. I'm glad he made it his "top priority" but with 10 months left in office, he won't be able to do much if anything. I'd say this is now on his successor, whoever that may be.

I'll believe it when I see it..

The right-wing bitches if Obama speaks about terrorism; the right-wing bitches if Obama doesn't speak about terrorism.
This doesn't really address the article or the OP but thanks for making it a partisan shoot out.

Gawd, this story is starting to sound like the end of House Of Cards! :eek:

I wonder what actions the US can take at this point? It seems like we can't really control what goes on in Western Europe. Maybe boots on the ground somewhere? I don't know. This is just a crazy time. I'm glad he made it his "top priority" but with 10 months left in office, he won't be able to do much if anything. I'd say this is now on his successor, whoever that may be.

I think he's a lying sack of ****!

His top priority has always been.....................Fund Raising for the party! And still is.

Anyone....................who has ever believed a word uttered by obama.......... is a complete moron.

obama is a lying POS who panders to anyone who will listen. Those dopes who voted for him, will eat this crap up...

If the USA nuked Brussels today we would probably get all those plotters who remain there.

I think he's a lying sack of ****!

His top priority has always been.....................Fund Raising for the party! And still is.

Anyone....................who has ever believed a word uttered by obama.......... is a complete moron.

Is that his priority? I thought he wanted to end capitalism or destroy America or whatever nonsense you believe today.

Bailed on Iraq and created ISIS in the first place. Destabilized Libya and Egypt and put the Muslim Brotherhood in power. Wants to shut down Guantanamo.

Yeah, he's serious. Please.

Obama knows there's about a 95 percent chance the US is going to get hit again by ISIS at least once before the end of his term.

It's weak rhetorical narrative ahead of the inevitable.

President Obama on Brussels Attack and Priority of ISIS

Has this not always been a priority and if not why now?
What new actions will the U.S. take if any?

Discuss, Debate, Dictate...what have you ;)
No, it hasn't always been a top priority. It only recently became a top priority, although Obama can't be trusted. The current procedure was to arm "moderate terrorists" and then hope it all works out while at the same time inviting unscreened refugees into the country.

Says the guy who allowed them the environment to recruit, grow and denies that they are even Islamic? Obama= total incompetent failure who is out of touch with reality.

Obama's priority is to do as little as possible and pass this off to the next president.

Obama's priority is to do as little as possible and pass this off to the next president.

So Hillary the hag can do a better job of furthering the implosion of the middle east and the de-stabilization of the west.

Says the guy who allowed them the environment to recruit, grow and denies that they are even Islamic? Obama= total incompetent failure who is out of touch with reality.

Well he certainly calls them Islamic terrorists now! Maybe he just caught up to the rest of us. :D
I don't disagree though. What I really think happened here is no conspiracy theory of the President being Muslim, I think its more the legacy thing. He NEEDS his legacy so admitting that Islamic terrorists are still out there in spades dampens his victory speeches over getting Osama Bin Laden and ending the war on terror.
By jumping in now and admitting that Islamic extremist terrorist cells are alive and well, he might be hedging bets on American's short attention span so that this mess can be blamed on the next President, especially if the next President is a Republican. Or a Clinton.

That's my gut feeling from watching his actions and responses (spelled denial) towards terrorism.

Not to say that the President has been completely inactive on the matter, it is just that his actions accompanied by his reports to the citizens in almost a hushed tone do not give a lot of confidence.

So Hillary the hag can do a better job of furthering the implosion of the middle east and the de-stabilization of the west.

She's going to have to up her game if she wants to out-perform her effort as SoS.

The top priority as I see it should be this...

Obama calls them ISIL. Pretty much everyone else calls them ISIS. Could we at least get a uniform consensus on what we are going to call these people and stick with it?

The link is not what the OP says. It is a NY times article regarding the Prez and Argentina.
Please re-link.

Does O specifically state: "ISIS" or "ISIL"?

She's going to have to up her game if she wants to out-perform her effort as SoS.

The only way to do that would be to drop a nuke.

Then I strongly suggest you don't vote for his re-election.

I wasn't stupid enough to vote for him, anytime. Thank God for term limits!

If the USA nuked Brussels today we would probably get all those plotters who remain there.

Most likely, and some of those in France too. But, you know as well as I do, that nukes would never happen and if the EU allowed for that, they'd do it themselves. Oh wait, they are just like obama...no nuts.

Is that his priority? I thought he wanted to end capitalism or destroy America or whatever nonsense you believe today.

It all dovetails. Fund raising for the party, gets more Democrats elected and furthers their liberal agenda, which destroys America.

Absolutely!

It is now. He needs to get in as many vacations for he and his family that he can............... and as much free golf as he can, in the next 9 months.

Back
Top Bottom