• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking: House strips Greene from committee assignments

Gun debate - what a waste of time

Well, see, in the gun debate pro gun control people tell anti gun control people, "you're just scared and probably hiding in your closet and looking under your bed". It's a dumb argument but it's common. So, he decides "turn around is fair play" and you get the same.

Well, see, in the gun debate pro gun control people tell anti gun control people, "you're just scared and probably hiding in your closet and looking under your bed". It's a dumb argument but it's common. So, he decides "turn around is fair play" and you get the same.
Considering the source, it's still bullshit.
Doesn't bother me at all
It's nice to have something to mock and deride.

Considering the source, it's still bullshit.
Doesn't bother me at all
It's nice to have something to mock and deride.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion. It's bullshit alright. 100% Grade A. I'm just saying it wasn't pulled from ass, it was pulled from another debate in which he is the recipient.

I agree that she is a...far "out there" individual.

But she was duly elected by her constituents...just like Ms. Ocasio-Cortes, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressely...as well Jamaal Bowman and Corey Bush. Hell, we still have to put up with Adam Schiff and Maxine Waters for crissakes!

If she deserves censure, or expulsion, then do that. Otherwise she should have the same rights to committee membership as any other member.

AOC, Omar, Talib, Pressely, Bush, and Bowman combined have said exactly 0 Antisemitic things and not a single one of them are Parkland shooting deniers. So I don't see how bringing up six POC in Congress is comparable to a woman who openly believes in Jewish space lasers.

Yeah, switching to passive voice for that was really weird. Did you notice that when she said 911 did happen, she did not say a plane actually hit the Pentagon? When she said there were school shootings, she did not say they weren't staged to cause restriction of 2nd amendment by leftists?

Yeah, switching to passive voice for that was really weird. Did you notice that when she said 911 did happen, she did not say a plane actually hit the Pentagon? When she said there were school shootings, she did not say they weren't staged to cause restriction of 2nd amendment by leftists?
she's a barking loon.

she's a barking loon.

She's a barking loon with Donald Trump's ear and therefore potentially the ear of tens of millions of Americans, many (most?) of whom believe Donald Trump is the rightful president, the election was stolen and have been fed a steady diet of commentary about how they mustn't stand for this injustice. Surely many of those people are (a) armed and (b) angry, and the longer she's able to evangelize to them, the more of them will (c) think they have nothing to lose by acting. So no, I don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned or even fearful.

Loons with bullhorns can do a heck of a lot of damage and you seem to be insistent that the loudest ones are best kept in her hands, rather than the hands of other Republicans who could have filled those committee seats just as competantly.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion. It's bullshit alright. 100% Grade A. I'm just saying it wasn't pulled from ass, it was pulled from another debate in which he is the recipient.
Why, yes, your assessment is correct
Plagiarism from another debate, eh
I can see that.
We are, and will continue to be, good.

I'm not 'embracing' her. As I said - if we were booting out congressmen who said stupid thing, congress would be empty.

It's about democrats being bullies. It is broken and disgusting.

Well is she being booted from congress or just select committees? Look if the people elect a kook to office they can have their kook. It's up to them to vote her in or out. But it's up to the adults in the room in the meantime to ensure she doesn't have the power to impose that kookiness on others.

I'm not 'embracing' her. As I said - if we were booting out congressmen who said stupid thing, congress would be empty.

You are embracing her. You prefer that she hold those committee spots over another member of the House GOP, and by implication believe that she is the best person in the House GOP to serve on those committees.

You are embracing her. You prefer that she hold those committee spots over another member of the House GOP, and by implication believe that she is the best person in the House GOP to serve on those committees.
Not 'embracing' her. That's silly.

Again, it's up to the party how to fill their slots. There's plenty of work to go around.

Not 'embracing' her. That's silly.

Again, it's up to the party how to fill their slots. There's plenty of work to go around.

I wonder why the House Minority Leader picked her for those high profile committees in the first place. Wouldn't she have been better suited for any of these?

Small Business - Rural Development, Agriculture, Trade and Entrepreneurship ("I'm a successful business owner")

Ways and Means - Worker and Family Support ("I'm a mom.")

I would have thought that would be where you'd have an incoming member cut their teeth.

I wonder why the House Minority Leader picked her for those high profile committees in the first place. Wouldn't she have been better suited for any of these?

Small Business - Rural Development, Agriculture, Trade and Entrepreneurship ("I'm a successful business owner")

Ways and Means - Worker and Family Support ("I'm a mom.")

I would have thought that would be where you'd have an incoming member cut their teeth.
? That doesn't really make sense. I wouldn't have called her committee assignments plum ones, and she only had two. Ways and Means (taxation) is one of the most prominent committees. While there are certain committees that are preferred, you want to put a mix of experienced and inexperienced people on any committee.

? That doesn't really make sense. I wouldn't have called her committee assignments plum ones, and she only had two. Ways and Means (taxation) is one of the most prominent committees. While there are certain committees that are preferred, you want to put a mix of experienced and inexperienced people on any committee.

In fact, she was given some damn plum ones.

I don't believe you are in a position to say what the GOP is or isn't.

Oh I can't swing a dead cat around here and not hit a GOP. I drive by some very tattered tRump flags (like his life I reckon) everyday. I heard a local politician declare once Obama gets in office the the N-words will take over and whites will be out of power.

What you believe doesn't matter much... ✌

The more rabid the democrats are now that they are barely the majority, the more the backlash will be when the GOP gets control in a couple years

It's gonna take a whole buncha rabid to beat tRump. Greene, and all the other tRump suckers like Cruz will still be around. tRump will find a way to push his crazy out in public, he just can't help himself.... ✌

Quite frankly, we should be bullying Antisemites and bigots. There should be no reason to be tolerant of intolerance.

Back
Top Bottom