• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BREAKING: Greenwald Resigns From Intercept Over Biden Critique ‘Censorship’

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The final, precipitating cause is that The Intercept’s editors, in violation of my contractual right of editorial freedom, censored an article I wrote this week, refusing to publish it unless I remove all sections critical of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, the candidate vehemently supported by all New-York-based Intercept editors involved in this effort at suppression.

To say that such censorship is a red line for me, a situation I would never accept no matter the cost, is an understatement. It is astonishing to me, but also a reflection of our current discourse and illiberal media environment,...

Glenn Greenwald is of the Left, and now obviously sees the media as Goebbels-like... seems he’s awakened to the beast... just as David Horowitz, a red diaper baby and darling of the Left had.

At Least one person on the Left has some standards, honesty and decency.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate The National Pulse Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as affiliation with a known questionable group, and a few failed fact checks.
Detailed Report
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Failed Fact Checks
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
History
Founded in 2016, The National Pulse is a Washington-based political news and news media publication. The National Pulse promotes a conservative line on a wide range of issues such as Planned Parenthood, LGBT, and Common Core. The National Pulse is also affiliated with the questionable American Principles Project which advocates for immigration reform, banning abortions, and denying LGBTQ equal rights.

You and your propaganda.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

• Overall, we rate The National Pulse Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as affiliation with a known questionable group, and a few failed fact checks.
Detailed Report
History
Founded in 2016, The National Pulse is a Washington-based political news and news media publication. The National Pulse promotes a conservative line on a wide range of issues such as Planned Parenthood, LGBT, and Common Core. The National Pulse is also affiliated with the questionable American Principles Project which advocates for immigration reform, banning abortions, and denying LGBTQ equal rights.

You and your propaganda.

If you don't like the source, find another.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Detailed Report
History

You and your propaganda.

are you claiming that Glen Greenwald didn’t resign for the intercept?

this is from Glen himself

Today I sent my intention to resign from The Intercept, the news outlet I co-founded in 2013 with Jeremy Scahill and Laura Poitras, as well as from its parent company First Look Media.

The final, precipitating cause is that The Intercept’s editors, in violation of my contractual right of editorial freedom, censored an article I wrote this week, refusing to publish it unless I remove all sections critical of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, the candidate vehemently supported by all New-York-based Intercept editors involved in this effort at suppression.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Detailed Report
History

You and your propaganda.

You obviously don’t know who Glen Greenwald is, otherwise you wouldn’t dismiss the importance of this. As far is your relative importance, you are the advocate promoting censorship of what you get to read as well.

Sometimes the jokes write themselves.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Detailed Report
History

You and your propaganda.

You and your laziness.

are you claiming that Glen Greenwald didn’t resign for the intercept?

this is from Glen himself

I think it’s his way of rationalizing not having to make an actual point.

Tucker had a great interview with Glenn on his show tonight. This censorship story about Glenn, the truly remarkable censorship of the Biden family story, and the Twitter censorship of Mark Morgan's very ordinary and non-controversial tweet should send a chill down every American's spine.

I think it’s his way of rationalizing not having to make an actual point.

you can read his actual article and his email exchanges with the other staff

To say that such censorship is a red line for me, a situation I would never accept no matter the cost, is an understatement. It is astonishing to me, but also a reflection of our current discourse and illiberal media environment,...

Glenn Greenwald is of the Left, and now obviously sees the media as Goebbels-like... seems he’s awakened to the beast... just as David Horowitz, a red diaper baby and darling of the Left had.

It is a bit strange in so much as he founded the place, but I think media is trying to sort itself out. There will be missteps along the way. Many people in the UK on the left are equally upset that the BBC has banned people who work for it from even attending Pride events on their own time in their personal capacity because they are deemed a political protest and the network is desperately trying to center itself as politically neutral.

They are the Goebbelsian news, existing solely to promote progressivism today.

Glenn believed that editing is censorship, and correcting his factual errors were an assault on free speech. He’s a self-centered baby throwing a tantrum.

You guys need to stop taking the word of disgruntled employees as gospel just because you like what the say.

Glenn believed that editing is censorship, and correcting his factual errors were an assault on free speech. He’s a self-centered baby throwing a tantrum.

You guys need to stop taking the word of disgruntled employees as gospel just because you like what the say.

Isnt that what youre doing? Dismissing him just because you dont like what hes saying? Did you read the article that they wouldnt publish? Which factual errors needed to be corrected?

Greenwald is a CT nut.

There is no journalism in the USA, just corporate propaganda.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Detailed Report
History

You and your propaganda.

ROTFLOL...

Here is Glenn Greenwald... of the Left... explaining his leaving The Intercept.

He thinks the Left media handling of Biden Corruption is itself corrupt to the core.

Enjoy.

And...

‘’Thanks Hunter!!!

Tucker had a great interview with Glenn on his show tonight. This censorship story about Glenn, the truly remarkable censorship of the Biden family story, and the Twitter censorship of Mark Morgan's very ordinary and non-controversial tweet should send a chill down every American's spine.
Not even faux news took the biden story.

Isnt that what youre doing? Dismissing him just because you dont like what hes saying? Did you read the article that they wouldnt publish? Which factual errors needed to be corrected?

You seem to be under the impression that this is the first time he’s whined about this stuff. This isn’t about just the most recent announcement of his running away like a child. He’s been like this for quite a while.

Sorry, decent news outlets refuse to walk around with this dumb ass laptop story treating it like it’s gospel. Deal with it.

You seem to be under the impression that this is the first time he’s whined about this stuff. This isn’t about just the most recent announcement of his running away like a child. He’s been like this for quite a while.

Sorry, decent news outlets refuse to walk around with this dumb ass laptop story treating it like it’s gospel. Deal with it.

Cant back up your claim then?

Back
Top Bottom