• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking down the Nebraska Candidate Filing Deadline

House

District 1: Patty Pansing Brooks (D) takes on Jazan Dual Zaharia (D) in the primary, then the winner of a five-person Republican Primary, which includes Incumbent Jeff Fortenberry (R).

District 2: The winner of the Alisha Shelton (D) v. Tony Vargas (D) primary takes on the winner of the Incumbent Don Bacon (R) v. Steve Kush (R) primary.

District 3: The winner of David Else (D) v. Daniel Wik (D) takes on Incumbent Adrian Smith (R) and the Legal Marijuana Now Party's (M) Mark Elworth Jr.

Governor
It's Carol Blood (D) v. Roy Harris (D), and then onto the General Election against Scott Zimmer (L) and the winner of the nine-person Republican primary. Gov. Pete Ricketts (R) is termed out.

House

District 1: Patty Pansing Brooks (D) takes on Jazan Dual Zaharia (D) in the primary, then the winner of a five-person Republican Primary, which includes Incumbent Jeff Fortenberry (R).

District 2: The winner of the Alisha Shelton (D) v. Tony Vargas (D) primary takes on the winner of the Incumbent Don Bacon (R) v. Steve Kush (R) primary.

District 3: The winner of David Else (D) v. Daniel Wik (D) takes on Incumbent Adrian Smith (R) and the Legal Marijuana Now Party's (M) Mark Elworth Jr.

Governor
It's Carol Blood (D) v. Roy Harris (D), and then onto the General Election against Scott Zimmer (L) and the winner of the nine-person Republican primary. Gov. Pete Ricketts (R) is termed out.

My thoughts so far:

D1: No my district but I think a lot depends of FArtenberry's trial.

D2: This will be a tough one. Don Bacon has surprised me on a number of things, mainly being voting in favor of the infrastructure bill against the party but in the main interest of Nebraska benefiting. I do like Tony Vargas though and he represents my area very good at the state level. This will be an interesting race.

D3: Not my district, it's farther out so I am not too familiar with any of the candidates.

Governor: Oh lord, the republican ads are heating up and getting more ridiculous. I don't know why they focus so heavily on the border and illegal immigrants when there are much more pressing issues in Nebraksa. I think it will get down to Pillen (blah) and Herbster (triple blah) I haven't even seen anything from the democrat side but I think Blood (blah) will get the primary. I am not really inspired by any of the candidates yet. Although Pillen did beat Oklahoma so there is that. 😆

@americanwoman
You were right about Fortenberry. I thought that he was going to do a Chris Collins (R-NY) and win and then resign. However, he resigned today.

House:
District 1:
Republican Incumbent Mike Flood (R) won his party's primary with 76.1% of the vote or 14,493 votes. He beat the other incumbent, Jeff Fortenberry (R) -- who unofficially resigned -- Air Force Veteran John Glen Weaver (R), Japan native Thireena Yuki Connely (R), and Air Force veteran Curtis Huffman (R). Meanwhile, Nebraska State Senator Patty Passing Brooks (D) beat cofounder of LNK Freedges Jazari Kual Zakaria (D) with 91% of the vote or 16,174 votes.

District 2:
Republican incumbent Don Bacon (R) won hiis party's primary with 81.6% of the vote or 23,023 votes. He defeated commercial consultant Steve Kuehl (R) in the primary. Meanwhile, Nebraska State Senator Tony Vargas (D) won his party's primary with 71.9% of the vote or 19,539 votes. He defeated clinical supervisor at Winnebago Behavioral Health Services within the Winnebago Tribal Health Department Alisha Shelton (D).

District 3:
Republican incumbent Adrian Smith (R) won his party's primary with 76.9% of the vote or 40,456 votes. He defeated unknown Mike Calhoun (R). Meanwhile, unknown David Else (D) defeated CEO of MYPAINDOC Daniel Wik (D) with 52.3% of the vote or 8,707 votes.

Governor:
Nebraska State Senator Carol Blood (D) defeated Linwood, NE native Roy Harris (D) in the Democratic primary with 91.3% of the vote or 44,052 votes. Meanwhile, University of Nebraska Board of Regents member Jim Pillen (R) defeated CEO of Herbster Angus Farms Charles Herbster (R), Nebraska State Senator Brett Lindstrom (R), former Nebraska State Senator Theresa Thibodeau (R), unknown Breland Ridenour (R), testing administrator with the U.S. Department of Defense Michael Connely (R), unknoown Donna Nicole Carpenter (R), Army veteran Lela McNinch (R), and unkown Troy Wentz. Mr. Pillen received 33.9% of the vote or 67,842 votes. Carol Blood (D) and Jim Piillen (R) will face 2014 candidate for Nebraska Governor Scott Zimmerman (L) in the general election.

Back
Top Bottom