• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking/bombshell: British official: Obama lied; knew in advance about lockerie bomb

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Man, this is going to be heavy to the max! I'm starting to think that PBO is just plumb stupid.

British officials claim Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton were kept informed at all stages of discussions concerning Megrahi’s return

the officials say the Americans spoke out because they were taken aback by the row over Megrahi’s release, not because they did not know it was about to happen.

‘The US was kept fully in touch about everything that was going on with regard to Britain’s discussions with Libya in recent years and about Megrahi,’ said the Whitehall aide.

‘We would never do anything about Lockerbie without discussing it with the US. It is disingenuous of them to act as though Megrahi’s return was out of the blue.

'They knew about our prisoner transfer agreement with Libya and they knew that the Scots were considering Megrahi’s case.’

THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS: BREAKING/BOMBSHELL: BRITISH OFFICIAL: OBAMA LIED; KNEW IN ADVANCE ABOUT LOCKERIE BOMBER'S RELEASE

Re: Breaking/bombshell: British official: Obama lied; knew in advance about lockerie

Who cares? It's not as though U.S. administrations' opposition to plane bombings have ever been humanitarian rather than politically motivated; if that were the case, Luis Posada Carriles would have been extradited.

Re: Breaking/bombshell: British official: Obama lied; knew in advance about lockerie

Holy hell the headline to this thread is misleading. I am guessing you ran out of room for that last word, but wow, I was expecting something different.

Holy hell the headline to this thread is misleading. I am guessing you ran out of room for that last word, but wow, I was expecting something different.

Ok, I'll bite, how is the title of the thread misleading?

Who cares? It's not as though U.S. administrations' opposition to plane bombings have ever been humanitarian rather than politically motivated; if that were the case, Luis Posada Carriles would have been extradited.

Don't you know? We control the UK. They're our puppets.

Obama could have stopped it but he didn't.

Bad Obama!

'They knew about our prisoner transfer agreement with Libya and they knew that the Scots were considering Megrahi’s case.’

That's like saying outrage over a pedophile's perole must fake because the people voicing outrage knew in advance that perole laws exist. It makes no sense

That's like saying outrage over a pedophile's perole must fake because the people voicing outrage knew in advance that perole laws exist. It makes no sense

What about it doesn't make sense?

Ok, I'll bite, how is the title of the thread misleading?

Thread title: Breaking/bombshell: British official: Obama lied; knew in advance about lockerie bomb

The bombing was how many years ago? The article claims they knew about the Megrahi’s release, not that they knew about the bomb.

Uh...read the first sentence, champ ;)

I did, champ. It all fits together quite well. I doubt anyone's going to disagree with that.

Thread title: Breaking/bombshell: British official: Obama lied; knew in advance about lockerie bomb

The bombing was how many years ago? The article claims they knew about the Megrahi’s release, not that they knew about the bomb.

The forum automatically chopped off the end of the article's exceptionally long title. It wasn't intentional

I did, champ. It all fits together quite well. I doubt anyone's going to disagree with that.

I just did - in that sentence you continue to be unable to see, or something

The forum automatically chopped off the end of the article's exceptionally long title. It wasn't intentional

Actually clicking on the link would probably be very informative.

I just did - in that sentence you continue to be unable to see, or something

You must be reading something in world that only you can see.

Lemme give you a hand with it:

Here, the author of the piece says in his/her own words,

British officials claim Mr Obama and Mrs Clinton were kept informed at all stages of discussions concerning Megrahi’s return

That basically set the tone of the whole piece. With me so far? Good.

Now, later, to add credibility to the piece, the author adds a quote, here,

It's a common practice to adda quote from a source to a news article.

The linkage eventually leads to a piece in the Daily Mail.

How about having a mod remove the superfluous "Breaking/bombshell" and inserting "ER'S RELEASE" after "bomb"?

Yes, I know, I said that in my first post. I just found it amusing, since I read the title and was expecting something completely different than what it was.

So we have an absurdly partisan blog quoting the daily mail who claims unnamed sources within the British government claimed that Obama was informed about the Megrahi’s release. While such a scenario is possible, the current amount of evidence is not credible.

With stuff like this going on it's no wonder our nation is so ill that we don't stand a chance of winning a major war.

We must fail...that is the message from people within our own country who's only concern is bitter partisianship. Because they lost a election too a black man and are incapable of admitting their own faults and failures.

For what purpose? Winning what? Is this a game or something?

Last edited:

So we have an absurdly partisan blog quoting the daily mail who claims unnamed sources within the British government claimed that Obama was informed about the Megrahi’s release. While such a scenario is possible, the current amount of evidence is not credible.

Agreed.
Not credible at all.
And if Obama knew, what do people actually expect from him? To go to Scotland and over rule their own system and law?

This is getting old

That's like saying outrage over a pedophile's perole must fake because the people voicing outrage knew in advance that perole laws exist.

Assuming that the UK did in fact keep Obama informed, what exactly did you expect him to do, aside from voicing disapproval (which he did)? Invade the UK and kidnap Megrahi?

Have any credible sources that Obama knew about his release before hand? The site you posted is about as legit as Educate-Yourself.org (a conspiracy site that is so crazy that I can't tell if the guy is serious or not).

Man, this is going to be heavy to the max! I'm starting to think that PBO is just plumb stupid.
The Obamanites aren't going to see until they have been broken. They are past the point by and large of being subject to normal disillusion.

I actually can scare up a molecule or so of pity for them. When they have to confront what they've supported it's bound to be crushing for them.

I mean this with all sincerity.

Assuming that the UK did in fact keep Obama informed, what exactly did you expect him to do, aside from voicing disapproval (which he did)? Invade the UK and kidnap Megrahi?

I dunno, perhaps he could have spared us the fake outrage and admitted that he knew about it all along? Oh, I know, he could have told the country about it when he first learned about, told us how pissed he was over it, possibly muddying the water so the UK couldn't work the deal with Libya. That's just a couple things off the top of my head. Someone as smart as PBO could probably come up with some better ideas; other than lying about it, that is.

The Obamanites aren't going to see until they have been broken. They are past the point by and large of being subject to normal disillusion.

I actually can scare up a molecule or so of pity for them. When they have to confront what they've supported it's bound to be crushing for them.

I mean this with all sincerity.

I feel a bit sorrier for them than that. I mean, they've really busted their asses for a long time to get here and the folks they put in charge are giving the whole show away in less than a year. It's gotta be frustrating for them.

Back
Top Bottom