• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breaking Bad

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Okay, so I have avoided checking out the show as I know the last season is only available for pay download and I am a cheap bastard.

I was bored after finishing up on netflix trailer park boys, family guy, parks & rec, wilfred, and 30 rock.

I have seen the first 7 shows and was hooked on episode 1! OMG, the story line is amazing and the acting is incredible.

Okay, so I have avoided checking out the show as I know the last season is only available for pay download and I am a cheap bastard.

I was bored after finishing up on netflix trailer park boys, family guy, parks & rec, wilfred, and 30 rock.

I have seen the first 7 shows and was hooked on episode 1! OMG, the story line is amazing and the acting is incredible.

One of the top 10 shows of all time.....

The writing/script is beyond outstanding

I keep seeing it on the recommend. Every time I see the icon for it, it reminds me of that Valve game Half-Life, looks like Gordon Freeman.

I may give it a try if it's getting gushing review. I mean, last night I basically just browsed for half on hour...very unsatisfying :)

LOL I loove all of those shows xpt 30 rock. Never got me. Never gave it much chance though.

But TPB is pretty funny.
And BB is excellent.

Are they done? This is my favorite show. The last episode I saw was where the brother in law figured in all out in the bathroom

Hands down the best show of our times. At least from the U.S.

Just started the second season here. It's hard to pace myself when all the episodes are right there on netflix.

Could someone please answer my question above

Could someone please answer my question above

No. BB is on hiatus

There will be 8 more episodes early next year and that's it...It's over

Fin...No mas

I hope that someone who has watched this through can help me answer a question.

First, I really, really like this show. I don't own a TV so for me to watch anything is an investment in effort to go to someone else's' home, away from my cats who protest the lack of immediate services, and watch it there. So, I really have little experience. Here are all of the shows I ever watched:

The Shield - I loved it and watched every single episode down to the satisfying conclusion.

Deadwood - What a great show seriously harmed by the "oops, we're canceling, we'll wrap it up in one crappy episode" strategy they took.

Oz - Again, pretty good with a "cancellation" ending.

In my youth I saw Roots and Rich Man, Poor Man. That is it.

So, I'm 4 episodes into Season 2 of Breaking Bad and I've already acquired seasons 3 and 4 from the library. I really think it is terrific but there is a "flaw" that's bothering me and I want to know if this is logically resolved eventually. Don't tell me how, just if it is or isn't.

Everybody has fantasies about "coming across" a large amount of cash. It's a good healthy daydream. But really, cash is not very useful if it isn't "on the books". That's why Cartels launder money. You can't go out and buy a house, car or other major investment without attracting the IRS. If you came by money honestly, no problem. If not....well, you can't just leave your family with $780K in unlaundered money because a) they'll surely know it isn't yours and b) it really can't be spent without bringing down a **** storm on your head.

So, does this get resolved or must I believe that he will leave his holier-than-thou wife and kid with a bunch of rolled up bills covered in meth. It needs to be laundered or lost to be "accurate".

Thank you for your help. Resolved or not resolved?

There are a few that just stand alone. Band of Brothers did. Shawshank. Forrest Gump. The Sopranos. John Adams. Bull Durham. We all have our own list.

But if there's ever been a show more well-done and believable in a crazy kind of way, it's Breaking Bad.

I just watched every episode over the past two months for the first time, so I was lucky. LOL. Now I have to sit through an hour a week each week this summer like the rest of you schmoes. Can't wait.

Brilliant.

There are a few that just stand alone. Band of Brothers did. Shawshank. Forrest Gump. The Sopranos. John Adams. Bull Durham. We all have our own list.

But if there's ever been a show more well-done and believable in a crazy kind of way, it's Breaking Bad.

I just watched every episode over the past two months for the first time, so I was lucky. LOL. Now I have to sit through an hour a week each week this summer like the rest of you schmoes. Can't wait.

Brilliant.

Also highly recommend the Wire and the currently airing Game of Thrones. I think television as a whole has never been better.

Also highly recommend the Wire and the currently airing Game of Thrones. I think television as a whole has never been better.

Game of Thrones is losing me slowly but surely. I've enjoyed it, but they have so many storylines - too many, in fact - that each episode is barely accomplishing anything, unlike Boardwalk Empire or Breaking Bad.

It's hard to keep track of what's going on in Game of Thrones. They'll leave a particular story alone for 2-3 weeks at a time. Every time there's momentum, they switch scenes to an entirely different place with completely different people. The episodes should be two hours if they're going to do this.

Game of Thrones is losing me slowly but surely. I've enjoyed it, but they have so many storylines - too many, in fact - that each episode is barely accomplishing anything, unlike Boardwalk Empire or Breaking Bad. It's hard to keep track of what's going on in Game of Thrones. They'll leave a particular story alone for 2-3 weeks at a time. Every time there's momentum, they switch scenes to an entirely different place with completely different people. The episodes should be two hours if they're going to do this.

You're right on Game of Thrones. The issue there is it's following the books. If the writers had creative freedom as they do on many of the other outstanding TV series these days, we would not be seeing that. I mean, they have some A+ characters that everyone fell in love with, then you don't see some of them for weeks. They'd never do that if they had control, they would focus on what worked and then run with it. Still, being that it's Fantasy, while it may only be a 7 or 8 out of 10, fantasy adds +1-2 so it's still tops in my book :p

Breaking bad was good for newness for a short while to me, after a while the characters were simply too stupid unbelievable, the wife too annoying, the main character dumb as a rock, I have no real interest in finishing it sadly.

Deadwood on the other hand, wow. I don't know, I found every episode entertaining and the two main characters fascinating. Sad that it had an abbreviated ending after 3 seasons, but a great three seasons.

I'm trying the Wire now...sloooowww, but OK. Hoping it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom