• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Breakdown Of Trump’s $107 Million Inauguration Spending Revealed

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-inauguration-spending-details_us_5c3de3d7e4b0e0baf5412b4a

Costs reportedly included $10,000 worth of makeup, $6.4 million for unused accommodations and $1.5 million to a Trump hotel.

A new report on the record $107 million raised for President Donald Trump’s inauguration reveals that expenses included $10,000 for makeup, $1.5 million channeled to the Trump International Hotel in Washington and $6.4 million spent on unused hotel rooms.

The makeup was provided for 20 aides ― at $500 per head. Also, $26 million went to a media company belonging to a close friend of first lady Melania Trump. One of the projects undertaken by that company, WIS Media Partners, was a documentary about the event that was eventually scrapped, according to The New York Times’ review.
=======================================================
Looks like The Donald really made out in this process. But I still would like to see a full accounting of where all that record amount of money went.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-inauguration-spending-details_us_5c3de3d7e4b0e0baf5412b4a

Costs reportedly included $10,000 worth of makeup, $6.4 million for unused accommodations and $1.5 million to a Trump hotel.

A new report on the record $107 million raised for President Donald Trump’s inauguration reveals that expenses included $10,000 for makeup, $1.5 million channeled to the Trump International Hotel in Washington and $6.4 million spent on unused hotel rooms.

The makeup was provided for 20 aides ― at $500 per head. Also, $26 million went to a media company belonging to a close friend of first lady Melania Trump. One of the projects undertaken by that company, WIS Media Partners, was a documentary about the event that was eventually scrapped, according to The New York Times’ review.
Looks like The Donald really made out in this process. But I still would like to see a full accounting of where all that record amount of money went.

I didn't know being prez was so profitable in the first few days of the presidency, a cool million five to Trump's Hotel? Oh what fun it is to have a rich daddy.

Wasn't there something about $5 Million to charity in the article as well? I don't recall a mention of which charity or charities because, apparently, that isn't as important as $10k spent on facial for aides.

Is this unusual for inaugurations? I dont recall ever seeing any other inauguration broken down like this.

Is this unusual for inaugurations? I dont recall ever seeing any other inauguration broken down like this.

Because this inauguration raised twice the money for half the attendance that the last presidents inaugural had, along with some of that money being from foreigners. People have been interested in seeing where all that money went. Apparently it went in Trumps pockets along with lining some of his buddies pockets.

Is this unusual?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wasn't there something about $5 Million to charity in the article as well? I don't recall a mention of which charity or charities because, apparently, that isn't as important as $10k spent on facial for aides.

You are a numbers guy,right? 5 million to charity out of 107 million in donations; what are we talking, less than 5% out of “found
money” and all’’s well?

Can anyone tell me the last time a sitting potus came out poorer leaving office than when he entered office? Has that ever happened?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the last time a sitting potus came out poorer loving office than when he entered office? Has that ever happened?

I know this will seem partisan, but the prior Administrations had the decency to steal with humility. Now it’s launch the brick through the window and grab all you can. Stealing with class is a lost art. Left & right...........

I didn't know being prez was so profitable in the first few days of the presidency, a cool million five to Trump's Hotel? Oh what fun it is to have a rich daddy.

More Lying Left nonsense.

dems use office to get rich.jpg

I know this will seem partisan, but the prior Administrations had the decency to steal with humility. Now it’s launch the brick through the window and grab all you can. Stealing with class is a lost art. Left & right...........
I respect that you are sincere but your correct it comes off as being partisan.

I'm not bothered by criticism of ties that appear to be conflicts of interest but they need to applied evenly. I dont like what trump did but I dont like it from any of them. Make it illegal for everyone or I'm not gonna attack any of them over what they look the other way on when it's one of their own

Sleazy is as sleazy does....

I respect that you are sincere but your correct it comes off as being partisan.

I'm not bothered by criticism of ties that appear to be conflicts of interest but they need to applied evenly. I dont like what trump did but I dont like it from any of them. Make it illegal for everyone or I'm not gonna attack any of them over what they look the other way on when it's one of their own

American politicians getting fat is nothing new. As with everything else in our society, the volume and attention have been amped up. I like to think I call out all crapola, wherever it originates. Most, if not all of the US’s problems can be traced back to money; and the interesting thing is that this is not a new phenomenon. Since before the Revolution the colonies were known for our love of money......

American politicians getting fat is nothing new. As with everything else in our society, the volume and attention have been amped up. I like to think I call out all crapola, wherever it originates. Most, if not all of the US’s problems can be traced back to money; and the interesting thing is that this is not a new phenomenon. Since before the Revolution the colonies were known for our love of money......
Yup I got no beef with you and in fact I support you speaking out as you are. I do draw contention with the people who want to portray this as unusual.

I'm not mad at trump or any of them before him for doing it. I am mad that there is no law making it a crime if its unethical

You are a numbers guy,right? 5 million to charity out of 107 million in donations; what are we talking, less than 5% out of “found
money” and all’’s well?

Well, maybe he didn't donate the highest percentage but his donations went to charities such as Red Cross and Samaritan's Purse. Prior administrations did donate a higher percentage of their "take. While the article I'm reading doesn't cite the exact percentage it does state that the Clintons, for example, gave between 1-5 to a charitable foundation...their own...for their presidential library. Obama gave, possibly nothing and GHWB gave almost 10% of their take to the Barbara Bush foundation. So, I suppose you're right. Trump really is a cheapskate when it comes to this kind of thing.

https://sunlightfoundation.com/2013/01/09/after-the-inaugural-balls-where-does-extra-money-go/
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/15/586116158/trumps-inauguration-record-spending-leaves-little-for-charities

Also, $26 million went to a media company belonging to a close friend of first lady Melania Trump. One of the projects undertaken by that company, WIS Media Partners, was a documentary about the event that was eventually scrapped, according to The New York Times’ review.

What happened to the $26 million?

Well, maybe he didn't donate the highest percentage but his donations went to charities such as Red Cross and Samaritan's Purse. Prior administrations did donate a higher percentage of their "take. While the article I'm reading doesn't cite the exact percentage it does state that the Clintons, for example, gave between 1-5 to a charitable foundation...their own...for their presidential library. Obama gave, possibly nothing and GHWB gave almost 10% of their take to the Barbara Bush foundation. So, I suppose you're right. Trump really is a cheapskate when it comes to this kind of thing.

https://sunlightfoundation.com/2013/01/09/after-the-inaugural-balls-where-does-extra-money-go/
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/15/586116158/trumps-inauguration-record-spending-leaves-little-for-charities

There are are reports of Trump’s “charity” donations. Trump is a believer in the old saw “charity starts at home!”

Back
Top Bottom