• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bread Maching.....Finally!

SMTA

Tsuyo Ketsu no Anna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
We have wanted one for years, but never got around to it.

Found an Oster on Amazon for $60 with 4 1/2 stars from 1,800 reviews (and free shipping).

It arrived Friday, and we have made about 3 loaves so far; white, whole wheat, and French.

So far, I am really impressed with the performance and flexibility, and it is as quite as a mouse.

Well worth the wait!!

bread.jpg

Amazon.com: Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker: Bread Machines: Kitchen & Dining

Any experience from you folks?

Found an Oster on Amazon for $60 with 4 1/2 stars from 1,800 reviews (and free shipping).

It arrived Friday, and we have made about 3 loaves so far; white, whole wheat, and French.

So far, I am really impressed with the performance and flexibility, and it is as quite as a mouse.

Well worth the wait!!

View attachment 67201733

Amazon.com: Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker: Bread Machines: Kitchen & Dining

My sister has a device like this, not sure it's the same model, and she loves hers as well.

Well worth the wait!!

View attachment 67201733

no not yet, but i love fresh bread. I should get one.

make some sourdough and tell us what it's like?

That is next on the list - I need to make the starter first, which can take a week or so.

how about some rye or pumpernickel then?

Both, but probably rye first - I need to pickup some rye flour.

I figure that we are saving about $1.50 per loaf, so after 40 loaves we have paid for the machine.

Both, but probably rye first - I need to pickup some rye flour.

I figure that we are saving about $1.50 per loaf, so after 40 loaves we have paid for the machine.

and no crappy chemicals and preservatives

Bread machines are great for making pizza dough too. Most have a setting for it.

Sourdoughs require a bucket of funk.

Regardless, making fresh bread doesn't require a bread maker. You can do it in the oven with a loaf tin or stone, depending on the style of bread one is going for.

I just clicked on your link and ordered one myself, just now.

Formerly I had been using frozen loaves at WalMart.
They only have white, and I prefer honey wheat.

The best bread in the whole world to me is German black bread. I hope there is a recipe.

I have one, but my wife is usually the baker, so I use if sometimes when she is out of town.
I have been trying to get dough to come out like the rolls from Texas Road House, for kolaches.
It is kind of like the King hawaiian rolls.

Anybody got any other really good recipes? I just got one of these babies myself... down here in Panama they dont seem to have any bread machine flour, so I have to use what is in the store, regular. Have ya'll had luck with that? My loaves seem to come out rather crumbly or of a coarse texture.

Anybody got any other really good recipes? I just got one of these babies myself... down here in Panama they dont seem to have any bread machine flour, so I have to use what is in the store, regular. Have ya'll had luck with that? My loaves seem to come out rather crumbly or of a coarse texture.

crap, you mean you have to have a special bread machine flour?

Do they sell it in grocery stores?

so much for cheap bread. Oh well, it will still be the good healthy stuff.

Related to this topic, I read about how the German POWs thought our bread was complete crap, and tend to agree with them.

In Germany a baker is a highly prestiged occupation.

sounds good to me, I love food!! :mrgreen:

plastic 1 gallon ziplock bag over foil a wrapped loaf should get it there to you with no issues.

I will PM when I get the recipe perfected.

Only the best for _Sal.

Related to this topic, I read about how the German POWs thought our bread was complete crap, and tend to agree with them.

Bread flour is different that all purpose flour, HEB carries bread flour, it is about the same price.
I have tried this one with some success (My wife had the success, something messed up with mine)
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/king-arthur-unbleached-bread-flour/163247

Bread flour is different that all purpose flour, HEB carries bread flour, it is about the same price.
I have tried this one with some success (My wife had the success, something messed up with mine)
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/king-arthur-unbleached-bread-flour/163247

Thank you...so it is BREAD FLOUR....not BREAD MACHINE flour I need to get.

I feel better now. There is a Brookshire Bros in town and a WalMart. I am off right now to get some.

The machine should be here in two days.

I would have to say the best bread I have ever eaten was from almost any bakery in France... it was absolutely delicious, chewy-crunchy crust and perfect white, fluffy and tasty inside...

Dunno about the German breads, but I had a friend from Denmark that raved about their bread... which when i tasted it seemed like all the grain was coarse and dry, more like sawdust and chunks of wood to me... but hey, he was addicted to the stuff.

Also don't know if they sell bread machine flour in the stores, but have it online at Amazon I believe. Still not too too expensive, don't know if I can get it through customs here... besides which shipping is exorbitant generally, so regular flour it is for me, just going to work on refining my bread machine making technique, I guess.

I picked up a 5lb bag of bread flour at Walmart for $2.86 - good for about 5 loaves.

Back
Top Bottom