• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Brady & Bellechik

gdgyva

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I am a Cardinals fan....not much to root for over my 35 plus years of fandom. A few great players, and a few decent years, but not one super bowl. We had one appearance, and got beat by a good Steelers team. Fitzgerald to me is one of the classiest players to ever grace the field, and I would have loved for him to have won just one ring.

What the patriots have accomplished to me is amazing. I know there have been other great teams....the Jordan Bulls, the Cowboys of past, the Steelers, the Canadians of hockey, and of course the Yankees.

I guess the closest I can come to their accomplishments is Bill Russell from the Celtics, who imo is the greatest team player ever to grace a field or court. He won a lot of rings, with a number of different teammates over the years....similar to what Brady is accomplishing now.

Is he the GOAT....are they both in their respective positions? I dunno....but I know they are definitely in the discussion....and if not, there arent many ahead.

Going to avoid the GOAT argument, but in my observations, Bill Belichek doesn’t seem to enjoy what he is doing. I have nothing other than paying attention to his demeanor at pressers and how he acts on the sidelines to form my opinion.

The GOAT argument tends to get way to tested and argumentative, but it is reasonable to say that Brady and Bellechik will end up with plenty of accolades for what they have accomplished. Like them or otherwise, the reason we talk about them is what they achieved even if there may be asterisk next to their names for a few things along the way.

Going to avoid the GOAT argument, but in my observations, Bill Belichek doesn’t seem to enjoy what he is doing. I have nothing other than paying attention to his demeanor at pressers and how he acts on the sidelines to form my opinion.

I think that's just part of the act

I am a Cardinals fan....not much to root for over my 35 plus years of fandom. A few great players, and a few decent years, but not one super bowl. We had one appearance, and got beat by a good Steelers team. Fitzgerald to me is one of the classiest players to ever grace the field, and I would have loved for him to have won just one ring.

What the patriots have accomplished to me is amazing. I know there have been other great teams....the Jordan Bulls, the Cowboys of past, the Steelers, the Canadians of hockey, and of course the Yankees.

I guess the closest I can come to their accomplishments is Bill Russell from the Celtics, who imo is the greatest team player ever to grace a field or court. He won a lot of rings, with a number of different teammates over the years....similar to what Brady is accomplishing now.

Is he the GOAT....are they both in their respective positions? I dunno....but I know they are definitely in the discussion....and if not, there arent many ahead.

I think Hulk Hogan held the title for twenty years too. Sometimes what you see isn't quite what you may think it is.

They are a great duo... are they the greatest? Not sure... they are in the argument though.

IMO... Brady has won the most but is not the greatest QB. Take out Eddelman (Sp?) ONE GUY, and Brady probably loses that game.

They are a great duo... are they the greatest? Not sure... they are in the argument though.

IMO... Brady has won the most but is not the greatest QB. Take out Eddelman (Sp?) ONE GUY, and Brady probably loses that game.

Brady was the greatest QB after he beat the Falcons. It really isn't much of a debate anymore.

Take out Edelman? The Patriots traded their best WR to the Rams, Brandin Cooks and he failed. The guy who replaced Cooks in Josh Flash Gordon is in rehab.

Who is Edelman btw? A seventh round draft pick QB that was converted to WR. Brady is simply amazing.

Brady was the greatest QB after he beat the Falcons. It really isn't much of a debate anymore.

Take out Edelman? The Patriots traded their best WR to the Rams, Brandin Cooks and he failed. The guy who replaced Cooks in Josh Flash Gordon is in rehab.

Who is Edelman btw? A seventh round draft pick QB that was converted to WR. Brady is simply amazing.

Better than Brady?

Rogers
Young
Elway
Montana

and Maybe

Brees

probably some others too...

Better than Brady?

Rogers
Young
Elway
Montana

and Maybe

Brees

:lamo

How good would Brady be if he threw 8+ seasons to Jerry Rice?

And John Elway? His playoff stats are terrible! He didn't win until the Broncos had a HOF RB.

:lamo

How good would Brady be if he threw 8+ seasons to Jerry Rice?

And John Elway? His playoff stats are terrible! He didn't win until the Broncos had a HOF RB.

If Rogers were on these Pat teams with Bill coaching he would have 8 rings... instead Brady only has 6.

Put Brady on the Packers and he would have zero rings...

If Rogers were on these Pat teams with Bill coaching he would have 8 rings... instead Brady only has 6.

The difference is that Aaron Rodgers isn't the leader that Tom Brady is.

Teammates love playing for Brady. They want to play well for him. Can't say the same thing for Aaron Rodgers.

Intangibles matter.

Amazing but not the greatest. At the name of Unitas, every knee shall bend.

Better than Brady?

Rogers
Young
Elway
Montana

and Maybe

Brees

Rodgers and Young should be nowhere near that list. Also if you’re going to do the silly comparisons to Brady you need to be at least include Manning.

Bellichek hands down the best coach ever. They often lose or trade away their studs, have a lot of people without huge names on their team, and they just keep winning and winning.

OK, no more, Brady needs to retire already

I dont think Brady would be anywhere without Belichick. He created and made Brady what he is today. Consider Brady wasnt even a top recruit in the draft. Nobody wanted him.

I dont think Brady would be anywhere without Belichick. He created and made Brady what he is today. Consider Brady wasnt even a top recruit in the draft. Nobody wanted him.

The draft is often flawed especially when it comes to QBs

Results matter. There is no one better

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Rodgers wouldn't have taken a pay cut to stay in New England

Results matter. There is no one better

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

People are just trying to fish for excuses.

The best attack I saw was that the Suber Bowl was boring..... so winning isn't enough, they need to win a certain way!

"Getting to see Tom Brady again is always a special day, but the Patriots are amazing. Six-time champs," fan Lauren Mills said, adding that she still hasn't had her fill. Her message to Brady: "Go for No. 7. He still has how many fingers left? You know, four more rings to go."

Huge crowds fete New England Patriots for Super Bowl LIII win

I haven't had my fill yet too Lauren. Just soak it in and enjoy the ride. We will never see anything like this again. Tom Brady is now the king of Boston moving past Larry Bird, Ted Williams, Bill Russell, Bobby Orr, and Carl Yastrzemski.

Agreed... and when Brady was out every back-up looked like and played like an NFL MVP. Brady was just a tool for Bill.

Agreed... and when Brady was out every back-up looked like and played like an NFL MVP. Brady was just a tool for Bill.

Too small of a sample size. Brady has been playing for 18 years. How many games did he miss? 19, with 15 of those in one season.

Belichick is pretty amazing. The Sun-Tzu of football.

Just watch the little they have on him in his own words, and I know I’d want to play for a coach like that. I spent a few hours taking it in... great stuff.

Brady... a master of his craft. Not the greatest athlete, but has to be the model professional. You don’t get there without skill, mental toughness, and an ability to make the right decisions often... almost instantly. Do that for 18-years... in a league where and the only response can be Holy ****!!!

Huge respect for both. How can you not?

Last edited:
Credit Where Credit Due, B&B have made football magic many times. I'm a Dolphins fan, so I'm supposed to hate the Pats, but Bill is a pro all the way, and Brady too.

Back
Top Bottom