• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

bradley manning

What would the Turkish army think about a gay soldier?

According to media reports, homosexuality has been included as a major offense in the new discipline regulation draft of the Turkish Armed Forces. The punishment for offenders of the “crime,” which was defined as “unnatural intimacy” in the draft, will be expulsion from the military.
RIGHTS - Turkish military to expel gays

Gay men in Turkey seeking exemption from the country's mandatory military service must prove their homosexuality, the BBC reports, even though many army physicians realize it's medically impossible to determine sexual orientation.

The resulting process to obtain a so-called "pink certificate" allowing gays to dodge conscription — and potentially dangerous deployments to combat Kurdish separatists — is often humiliating, the British public broadcaster says in a documentary airing Tuesday.

'They asked me if I liked football, whether I wore women's clothes or used women's perfume'
—Ahmet, gay conscript in TurkeyIt's common for gay men to submit explicit photographs, undergo personality tests and answer questionnaires about their sexual preferences.

Lacking any valid "diagnostic tools," a physician told the BBC World Service, potential gay draftees must prepare whatever evidence they can to convince a military health panel of their homosexuality, sometimes deemed as a "psychosexual disorder."

"They asked me if I liked football, whether I wore women's clothes or used women's perfume," said one gay conscript in his 20s.

The man, using the name Ahmet to protect his true identity, said he refused requests to show a health panel pictures of himself dressed as a woman. Instead, he offered army doctors a photo of him kissing another man.

Gokhan, also conscripted in the 1990s and using a different name, said he submitted a photo of himself having sex with a male partner. He said he had heard it was otherwise impossible to obtain a pink certificate.

''The face must be visible,'' Gokhan said, adding he worries about the possibility they could be made public. ''And the photos must show you as the passive partner.''
Turkish gays face degrading tests to avoid army - World - CBC News

Compared to some of the world, I don't think we need to worry too much about Manning.

Last edited:
The US Army doesn't dislike Manning because he's gay. They dislike him because he broke his oath as a soldier.

What would the Turkish army think about a gay soldier?

RIGHTS - Turkish military to expel gays

Turkish gays face degrading tests to avoid army - World - CBC News

Compared to some of the world, I don't think we need to worry too much about Manning.

l know what you mean

but what l want to discuss is not CIA ,army FBI etc.. my argument would be different if started it to criticize the imperialism (then they teach the other countries how to be democrat)

for instance l would post this link

This is another example of the tactics used by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to stifle legitimate dissent in Hollywood. Following my going public about the inconsistancies I found in the Vincent Foster affair, I was subjected to similar treatment.

Jean Seberg, a well known actress in the 60s, became pregnant and the FBI sent out letters to the gossip columnists identifying the baby's father as a Black Panther, in order to cheapen Seberg's image.

The scans below are of the official FBI letter from Los Angeles to Washington D.C. asking permission for the scam.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/COINTELPRO/SEB/seb.html

this soldier's pics were released by teh army because they wanted to punish him with his sexual preference

l didnt even mention Michael hastings

you can see my thread about gladio and cia in the history forum ,eco

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom