• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bradley Manning: Hero or Villain?

Catz Part Deux

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Collateral Murder

On July 6, 2010, Private Bradley Manning, a 22 year old intelligence analyst with the United States Army in Baghdad, was charged with disclosing this video (after allegedly speaking to an unfaithful journalist). The whistleblower behind the Pentagon Papers, Daniel Ellsberg, has called Mr. Manning a 'hero'. He is currently imprisoned in Kuwait. The Apache crew and those behind the cover up depicted in the video have yet to be charged.

If you haven't seen this video, you should watch it.

He should be tried for treason and sentanced to death.

He should be tried for treason and sentanced to death.

Conservative military worship at its best. Paint the military in a bad light? TREASON!

edit: Bet he tries to twist this somehow as me approving of people breaking the law.

Last edited:
Conservative military worship at its best. Paint the military in a bad light? TREASON!

edit: Bet he tries to twist this somehow as me approving of people breaking the law.

He harmed the country with the release of not JUST that video, but also passing secret documents to a foreigner. That is Treason.

While I think that the video should have been released, I would still put him in prison. Manning crossed the line when he needlessly included the other documents. Sometimes it is hard to handle both the need for security and transparency, but this is a case of a glory hound, not a crisis of conscience.

He harmed the country with the release of not JUST that video, but also passing secret documents to a foreigner. That is Treason.

How does showing the truth behind an incident harm the country, exactly?

edit: And by "incident" I mean "****ing murder of a bunch of unarmed people, including deliberate firing upon wounded people."

Last edited:
How does showing the truth behind an incident harm the country, exactly?

edit: And by "incident" I mean "****ing murder of a bunch of unarmed people, including deliberate firing upon wounded people."

And I'm talking about all of his actions, not just a video. The Cables and state dept. stuff that could very well cause harm to this country.

And further more, that video, what good was done showing it? That **** happens in war???

And I'm talking about all of his actions, not just a video. The Cables and state dept. stuff that could very well cause harm to this country.

And further more, that video, what good was done showing it? That **** happens in war???

You still haven't explained how it harms the country, just that it "could." What was in the documents that is harmful, and how will it cause harm?

What good comes of the video coming out? Maybe justice will be served? Those people were murdered, and the military tried to cover it up.

You still haven't explained how it harms the country, just that it "could." What was in the documents that is harmful, and how will it cause harm?

What good comes of the video coming out? Maybe justice will be served? Those people were murdered, and the military tried to cover it up.

"national defence information to an unauthorised source". The charge sheet says Manning leaked the material to "bring discredit upon the armed forces".

Lamo told Wired magazine that he went to the military and FBI about Manning "because lives were in danger" after the soldier also boasted of leaking thousands of pages of diplomatic cables.

US private Bradley Manning charged with leaking Iraq killings video | World news | The Guardian

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom