• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bradley Manning Explained

Lets dumb this stuff down.

download.jpg

Bradley Manning was convicted in July 2013 of violating the Espionage Act for giving Wikileaks 750,000 government documents – some classified, some not.

The Espionage Act made it a crime to promote success of US enemies, convey information with the intent to interfere with a military operation, and/or use false information to interfere or help a foreign nation.

Manning was about 25 and a half years old when he was convicted.
His leaks caused multiple news outlets like The Guardian to publish articles relating to the leaks. What were in the leaks? Lets count down from 10

10 – A US helicopter crew laughed as it launched an air strike that killed a dozen people in Baghdad in July 2007. They were saying things like “look at those dead bastards” –

also the air strike killed a photographer and driver who were working for Reuters – a news agency.

9 – Documents from 2004 to 2009 seem to indicate that the Taliban was getting support from the Pakistani government spy agency – ISI – Inter Services Intelligence

8 – Documents from 2007 show the US basically covered up a time when US Marines shot indiscriminately into a crowd of civilians; killing 13 and injuring 50. Yikes.

7 – Ths US didn’t investigate and basically took a blind eye to events in Iraq. What events? Rape, murder, abuse – The Iraqi police and soliders were violating people’s human rights, and the US just stood by.

6 – The US and UK used to say they didn’t keep tabs on the death toll in Iraq – turns out its over 100 thousand people, and the government was just hiding it 😛

5 – Tons of diplomatic conversations were leaked! Including that King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has repeatedly urged the US to attack Iran to destroy its nuclear programme.

4 – The US is running a secret intelligence campaign targetted at the leadership of the UN – nations like the UK, China, and Russia. Yikes! But to be fair, all those nations are probably doing the same to us

3 – Contary to the US public image, members of the US government are highly critical of Russia and Afghanistan. Talking about corruption and badmouthing foreign leaders, saying they’re like a mafia state 😛

2 – Guantanamo. Files leaked regarding the prisoners and if they had connections to terrorism. It was revealed that some prisoners were cleared of any suspicion – but still weren’t being released 😛

1 – From Slate: “The U.S. Embassy in Paris advised Washington to start a military-style trade war against any European Union country that opposed genetically modified crops, with U.S. diplomats effectively working directly for GMO companies such as Monsanto”

——————————————————————————–

Now I’m going to dumb things down. Here’s what we learned:

0) The US, is only out for itself, and no one else.
1) The US military doesn’t protect the people living in regions it occupies.
2) Things the USA knew but didn’t tell other nations, are now out in the open.
3) The US spies on its allies.
4) The US, lies to its own people.
5) The US, has a BAD record with Guantanamo & Monsanto.

Beyond that, have our lives really changed? No. EVERY nation, is only after protecting its own citizens – the reason government exists – not to protect strangers, but to protect its own people.

Even before the leaks, most intelligent people could have told you the US was dishonest – now we have even more proof. But let me be clear – all nations are dishonest, the difference is, the we don’t hear about it. I, as an American, have absolutely ZERO interest in doing videos about British intelligence leaks – its not my country. And the British people probably don’t have interest in it either, considering….

Now, lets wrap up this little discussion with the partisan divide.

There are two types of people –
people who think Bradley Manning is a hero –
and people who think he’s a villain.

On the side of Hero, he revealed a lot of information about the US making big mistakes and lying to its people, so he should be freed.

On the side that says he’s a villain – the argument is that the costs outweigh the benefits. That Bradley dealt permanent damage to international relationships over leaks that the American public largely ignored.

Manning didn’t even know what was in those 750,000 files – he just leaked things! And according to him – it was a leak to ensure people are talking about the Iraq war.

And I guess it worked, but look at all the information that simply did harm to the US with no benefit. Instead of thinking of the Iraqi people, a lot of people just think “America sucks, thats what the leaks were about” – and that’s not it!

So, is Manning a hero or a villain? Now we have to think politically, because I have to give you guys all the details.

Bradley eventually changed his name to Chelsea. In the video I’ve said “Bradley” because that’s my way of saying “Before the leaks” – and then they became Chelsea “Post-leaks”. If I hurt your feelings – sorry, but the content of the leaks is more important than wording

So, Bradley changed his name to Chelsea and lived happily ever after; but BEFORE THAT –

1) He went on hunger strike to get the US government to pay for his sex change.
2) He tried to commit suicide twice over his gender dysphoria.
3) He got 35 years in prison but only served 7 because Obama pardoned him.

Many people – like me – feel like if Manning was NOT trans – he would have rotted away in prison. After all, some these documents have a lot to do with the Obama Administration – and they’re pretty damaging 😛

ANYWAYS – Manning leaked documents he knew nothing about after being a suicidal transgender that forced the taxpayers to fund his sex change – He gave up the identities of many US allies and there was a petition that got him released. It had 117 thousand signatures – to that I say –

There are many petitions with more than that, that get ignored.Also, its very common for Europeans to sign these online petitions 😛 And trust me, if Manning was a christian fundamentalist, he would have gotten 0 signatures. It just all stinks of politics

So, thats it! The plain facts about Bradley Chelsea Manning – my question to you is – What do you think about all those leaks? Justified, or not? Do you think Manning’s condition was a factor in his release? Comment down below! And subscribe if you want more informative articles, just like this one. Bye!

Links:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/30/bradley-manning-wikileaks-revelations

Bradley Manning trial: 10 revelations from Wikileaks documents on Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Europe.

7 Things You Need To Know About Bradley ?Chelsea? Manning | Daily Wire

Notes for Research:
A diplomatic cable, also known as a diplomatic telegram or embassy cable, is a confidential text message exchanged between a diplomatic mission, like an embassy or a consulate, and the foreign ministry of its parent country. (Manning leaked 150K diplomatic cables)

IMO, you communicated far more effectively this time than with your Anti-Teachers' Union Screed.

I deem Manning neither Hero nor Villain.

Manning's deep-rooted personality disorders substantially contributed to the events that led to incarceration.

Again, IMO, you 'Dumb Down' a bit too much to suggest Obama pardoned Manning. Obama commuted the sentence. As meaningless as my opinion in the matter, I approve of Obama's decision.

I enjoyed this Blog. I thought your previous Screed sucked. Grin with me! Feel some Love... progress, not perfection!

Trippy Trekker;bt4484 said:
IMO, you communicated far more effectively this time than with your Anti-Teachers' Union Screed.

I deem Manning neither Hero nor Villain.

Manning's deep-rooted personality disorders substantially contributed to the events that led to incarceration.

Again, IMO, you 'Dumb Down' a bit too much to suggest Obama pardoned Manning. Obama commuted the sentence. As meaningless as my opinion in the matter, I approve of Obama's decision.

I enjoyed this Blog. I thought your previous Screed sucked. Grin with me! Feel some Love... progress, not perfection!

So its all pure coincidence that when you disagree it is a "Screed" but when you mostly agree it is "progress" -

Then if I say something you agree with fully you'll call it "Marked Improvement!"

And as I made clear earlier, that "Screed" was part of a 5 part article series and the article you recall is only part 1 of the situation.

Again, to remove any ambiguity, IMO, your Anti-Teachers' Union Blog amounted to a colossally dull Screed. The tedious text of part 1 deters any interest I might have in any of the other parts.

screed
skrēd/Submit
noun
a long speech or piece of writing, typically one regarded as tedious.

You do not handle criticism very well. You have your reasons in trying to advance a topic via a blog in this forum. I gave you honest feedback on two different topics. If you don't want my honest feedback, let me know. I can steer a new path to appease you.

Peace to you and yours!

Trippy Trekker;bt4486 said:
Again, to remove any ambiguity, IMO, your Anti-Teachers' Union Blog amounted to a colossally dull Screed. The tedious text of part 1 deters any interest I might have in any of the other parts.

You do not handle criticism very well. You have your reasons in trying to advance a topic via a blog in this forum. I gave you honest feedback on two different topics. If you don't want my honest feedback, let me know. I can steer a new path to appease you.

Peace to you and yours!

Whether its tedious or not is a matter of opinion -
Telling someone they screed and can't handle criticism is hostility.

You call it honest feedback but its more a dishonest attack!

Just a comment on some of the leaks.
10. Combat troops will say and do things they have been conditioned to say and can not be held to the same standard of "couthness' we have back home. They are in the fight to kill and NOT be killed. Others are trying to kill them, so just show some understanding of their situation. Think the term "combat hardened" if you will.

8. ALL governments cover up the insane actions of their troop in war zones. Did you know there was a brief firefight between US and Australian troops at a train depot in Australia in WW2. It was hushed up for the most part.

7. After Saddan was toppled, there was a lot of payback in Iraq against those who had committed atrocities and murder against their family members. The US thought it best to just let it settle down on its own.

3. What nations say in public is NEVER what they say in private. No more than what any of us say in private in our own living rooms....or bedrooms.

Back
Top Bottom