• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BP refuses EPA order to switch to less-toxic oil dispersant

Blame BP and not Obama who has done nothing except point fingers and complain. Where are the government scientist and engineers coming up with possible solutions?

Just like you liberals. You cry for government to clean up the mess and bail out BP and taxpayers will end up paying for most of it. You expect too much from government. Bigger government isn't the answer.

Just like you liberals. You cry for government to clean up the mess and bail out BP and taxpayers will end up paying for most of it. You expect too much from government. Bigger government isn't the answer.

Thats not what I said. I am liberal
MG_119.gif

Nope.......

You just said this:

Its the oil industries job to protect the environment and it should not be the governments job to baby sit them.

That's exactly what the EPA does: babysit companies to ensure that they don't harm the environment.

That's exactly what the EPA does: babysit companies to ensure that they don't harm the environment.

Is that the way the free market system should work?

Is that the way the free market system should work?

I'm not talking about the way the market should work, I'm talking about the way it does work.

If this happened under Bush and he did what Obama is doing he would be crucified in the press and Impeachment rumors would be everywhere.

But since it is Obama and he is a democrat the media and the left say nothing against him.

The worst part of all this is that we won't be held accountable.
There's no one to hold us accountable.
We won't hold ourselves accountable; it's too much to ask.

I give the human race another 200 years, tops.

If this happened under Bush and he did what Obama is doing he would be crucified in the press and Impeachment rumors would be everywhere.

But since it is Obama and he is a democrat the media and the left say nothing against him.

Yeah, right. I still don't know what you expect Obama to do. He is not the Messiah. He can't fix Bush's recession and he can't fix the leak.

The worst part of all this is that we won't be held accountable.
There's no one to hold us accountable.
We won't hold ourselves accountable; it's too much to ask.

I give the human race another 200 years, tops.

Does that mean Jesus is coming?

Yeah, right. I still don't know what you expect Obama to do. He is not the Messiah. He can't fix Bush's recession and he can't fix the leak.

Where are the Government engineers and scientist to work with BP to stop the Gusher?

Where are the Government engineers and scientist to work with BP to stop the Gusher?

Government engineers and scientists? Do they have a special team on call to fix oil leaks 5000 feet below the surface of the ocean? The government is not in the oil drilling business. Is it?

Government engineers and scientists? Do they have a special team on call to fix oil leaks 5000 feet below the surface of the ocean? The government is not in the oil drilling business. Is it?

So then how can they regulate and inspect if they have no knowledge? You can't have it both ways. They must have engineers and scientist on staff to help point out problems that need to be addressed.

So then how can they regulate and inspect if they have no knowledge? You can't have it both ways. They must have engineers and scientist on staff to help point out problems that need to be addressed.

Do you really think they have any leak pluggin experts?

So government engineers are not that smart? Yet they tell inspectors how to inspect rigs?
MG_107.gif

Inspecting a rig has nothing to do with plugging a leak 5000 feet down. The real smart ones work for the oil companies. That's where the money is.

Inspecting a rig has nothing to do with plugging a leak 5000 feet down. The real smart ones work for the oil companies. That's where the money is.

Except that it has everything to do with all aspects of the drilling project, including the plug, yeah.

So they don't have to know about things to inspect them?
MG_119.gif

So these Government people could not have ideas or solutions if given the chance? Nice try but I don't believe it.

So they don't have to know about things to inspect them?
MG_119.gif

So these Government people could not have ideas or solutions if given the chance? Nice try but I don't believe it.

Inspecting is one thing, stopping the leak is another.
They do have ideas, but this is BPs ballgame. They are the oil men. You expect way too much from the government.

Except that it has everything to do with all aspects of the drilling project, including the plug, yeah.

So you expect the government to fix this leak? :roll:
Aren't you the guy that has been wrong about everthing from day one?

Inspecting is one thing, stopping the leak is another.
They do have ideas, but this is BPs ballgame. They are the oil men. You expect way too much from the government.

So the Government should sit on its hands when it has people that could help?
MG_107.gif

MG_107.gif

Unless expressly invited, yes, they should sit on their hands even when they have people who can help.

MG_107.gif

Which people are you talking about? The hundreds that are already working on the problem? Or the hundreds that are trying to minimize the damage?

Back
Top Bottom