• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BP Oil Spill is 100% Bush and Cheney's Fault

Erik the Red

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I only placed this thread in the 'Conspiracy Theories' forum because I knew that if I didn't, it may end up there anyway. We all know that Bush-Cheney are responsible for the BP oil spill. This is a fact, not a conspiracy theory. Just ask Arianna Huffington if you don't believe me. As a matter of fact, they are responsible for every negative domestic and international event that has ever taken place and will be responsible for any future ones too. Mark my words.

BP Oil Spill is 1000% Bush and Cheney’s Fault

So no one actually made this thread so you made it yourself so you could mock them when someone comes in to agree?

I only placed this thread in the 'Conspiracy Theories' forum because I knew that if I didn't, it may end up there anyway. We all know that Bush-Cheney are responsible for the BP oil spill. This is a fact, not a conspiracy theory. Just ask Arianna Huffington if you don't believe me. As a matter of fact, they are responsible for every negative domestic and international event that has ever taken place and will be responsible for any future ones too. Mark my words.

Obama has admitted that MMS gave the permit for the deepwater horizon drilling.

"Last year the Obama administration granted oil giant BP a special exemption from a legal requirement that it produce a detailed environmental impact study on the possible effects of its Deepwater Horizon drilling operation in the Gulf of Mexico, an article Wednesday in the Washington Post reveals.

Federal documents show that the Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service (MMS) gave BP a "categorical exclusion" on April 6, 2009 to commence drilling with Deepwater Horizon even though it had not produced the impact study required by a law known as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The report would have included probable ecological consequences in the event of a spill. "

Obama sheltered BP's Deepwater Horizon rig from regulatory requirement

"Friday, May 28, 2010
Filed Under: Environment | Politics

S. Elizabeth Birnbaum, the director of the Minerals Management Service, resigned on Thursday, the first major casualty of the Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Early reports indicated Birnbaum was fired. But she left “on her own terms and on her own volition,” Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said in a press release.

MMS is responsible for collecting royalties for drilling on federal and Indian lands. It's also responsible for managing development but numerous reports have shown conflicts of interest between the agency and the energy industry"

Indianz.Com > News > Director of MMS resigns in response to Gulf oil spill disaster

" Ms. Birnbaum, 52, had virtually no experience with the oil and gas industry, but that was seen as a plus, according to a top Interior Department official. She worked at the Interior Department in the last year two years of the Clinton administration on natural resource issues, leaving as an associate solicitor in 2001 to become a top lawyer and advocate for American Rivers, a conservation organization.

Ms. Birnbaum had never supervised more than a few dozen people, and the problems at the agency were daunting. A legal mistake that occurred during the Clinton administration and was ignored through much of the Bush administration may end up costing the federal government $10 billion in lost royalties owed by oil and gas companies from leases in the Gulf of Mexico. Investigations found that some employees at the minerals service literally got into bed with oil industry representatives, accepted lavish gifts from them and allowed companies to fill out their own inspection reports. "

Crisis Places Focus on Beleaguered Agency

;;

Last edited:
Your wrong. The public who demands cheap oil is partially to blame. Without demand for oil, no need to drill. Rules stopping driilling closer into shore because of enviromental groups are partially to blame. Obama and his group also can take some of the heat.

Obama has admitted that MMS gave the permit for the deepwater horizon drilling.

"Last year the Obama administration granted oil giant BP a special exemption from a legal requirement that it produce a detailed environmental impact study on the possible effects of its Deepwater Horizon drilling operation in the Gulf of Mexico, an article Wednesday in the Washington Post reveals.

Federal documents show that the Department of the Interior's Minerals Management Service (MMS) gave BP a "categorical exclusion" on April 6, 2009 to commence drilling with Deepwater Horizon even though it had not produced the impact study required by a law known as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The report would have included probable ecological consequences in the event of a spill. "

Obama sheltered BP's Deepwater Horizon rig from regulatory requirement

Not only that, but Obama wanted to cut the budget from the coast guard for cleaning up such disasters.

Not only that, but Obama wanted to cut the budget from the coast guard for cleaning up such disasters.

That is because its Bush's fault.:lol: The cutting of the CG is one of the stupidious things our President has proposed. Guess besides oil spills, he doesn't care about search and rescue, port security, or protecting our border waterways.

Actually we ALL do not subscribe to your theory.

Much to your chagrin I have no intention of marking your words.

Back
Top Bottom