• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BP admits it 'Photoshopped' official images..............

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I call your attention to the following picture, which appears to show BP hard at work, cleaning up its mess, as seen through the front window of an airplane cockpit. What's wrong with this picture?

helicopter_1683462c.jpg

Notice that the pilot is holding a pre-flight checklist. Now why would he be doing that, if he is already in the air? The very upper left of the picture explains it.... Oops, they forgot to remove the control tower from the picture when they were photo shopping it. :rofl Is it any wonder that BP is going down the tubes? If they can screw up a simple photo shopping job this badly, just think about how competent they would be at a more difficult task, you know, like drilling a mile down on the seabed..... Wait. We've seen that too.

The oil giant was forced to issue new guidelines to staff to “refrain from doing (sic) cutting-and-pasting” after several official company images were found to have been doctored.
And what forced them to issue these new guidelines, you ask? Oh, I'd say a few thousand or so facepalms. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

Last edited:
Big mistake. They should have hired me to do their Photochopping. ;-)

Did you see the original and photoshopped ones? I really don't see the big deal. They cropped something out so that you could see more of the water, that's really hardly misrepresenting anything.

Did you see the original and photoshopped ones? I really don't see the big deal. They cropped something out so that you could see more of the water, that's really hardly misrepresenting anything.

What water? The plane was still on the landing strip at the airport. LMAO.

They should've just admitted that the photo was of the pilot and co-pilot working on crossword puzzles just prior to a disastrous crash. :lol:

I call your attention to the following picture, which appears to show BP hard at work, cleaning up its mess, as seen through the front window of an airplane cockpit. What's wrong with this picture?

i got it, its a helicopter, not an aeroplane :2razz:

Why not just take an aerial picture of the water from an aircraft such as a helicopter where the view wouldn't be so restricted? Makes sense to me. :thumbs:

Oops, did I just kick my own ass here, or what? :mrgreen:

LOL Easily done. ;)

They did screw up the photoshopping in that they left artifacts that called into question the authenticity of the images, which has now called into question their openess and integrity about everything. I get that. I get that they screwed up in that regard. And I'm not trying to say BP is innocent of everything.

However, I don't think they should be unfairly demonized either. Seeing the originals and edited ones side by side makes me say, "Eh, so what?" I just didn't see anything that was misrepresented in relation to the activities in question.

LOL Easily done. ;)

They did screw up the photoshopping in that they left artifacts that called into question the authenticity of the images, which has now called into question their openess and integrity about everything. I get that. I get that they screwed up in that regard. And I'm not trying to say BP is innocent of everything.

However, I don't think they should be unfairly demonized either. Seeing the originals and edited ones side by side makes me say, "Eh, so what?" I just didn't see anything that was misrepresented in relation to the activities in question.

I agree for the most part, but the water in the retouched one is a little too over-the-top blue, dontcha think? :lol:

When they said "control tower" I was thinking, "I'm a pilot and I've never seen a control tower that looked like that. That looks like the bridge on a ship." Ok, glad I'm not going crazy! LOL

When they said "control tower" I was thinking, "I'm a pilot and I've never seen a control tower that looked like that. That looks like the bridge on a ship." Ok, glad I'm not going crazy! LOL

Ditto. Also, "since when is the use of a checklist in-flight considered unrealistic?"

There are lot of "original versions" going around the web... lol

This one was taken as they were coming in from Coruscant III.

original.jpg

Last edited:
I agree for the most part, but the water in the retouched one is a little too over-the-top blue, dontcha think? :lol:

IT looks like they raised the blue tones completely throughout. The sky looks a deeper and brighter blue, as does the blues in the control panel, and the entire thing seems to have been brightened. May account for it.

There are lot of "original versions" going around the web... lol

This one was taken as they were coming in from Coruscant III.

original.jpg

Hysterical!
I spewed soda out my nose!

IT looks like they raised the blue tones completely throughout. The sky looks a deeper and brighter blue, as does the blues in the control panel, and the entire thing seems to have been brightened. May account for it.

Trying to make a better photo or trying to make the water seem a nice crisp clean blue? We report, you decide!

BP's public relations hasn't been doing good. The company is handling the situation competently however. Just take a look at how much their stock has recovered.

Back
Top Bottom