• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boys More Likely To Be Victims Of Teen Dating Violence Than Girls, Study Shows

Look at you....finding humor in the abuse of others. Much in common with certain violent mental disorders.

At least I'm not crying about women.

Kill small animals in your spare time, do you?

Anyone not buying into your snowflake cryababy BS is a serial killer. Find a safe space for you and the boys that can't handle a girl.

Was going to post about my own experiences, then realized it made me sound like a MRA and deleted everything I was writing.

Problem is, can't talk about women doing bad things to men, without sounding like your anti women.

Just like it's hard for a feminist to talk about what's happening to women without sounding anti men. It's weird to agree with a movement that makes you feel evil for the way you were taught, by a woman (your mother) to treat other women.

And right now, women have the ****tier end of the stick. So anything us men complain about, whether it's the domestic abuse, the general acceptance that it's ok to manipulate men for financial gain, or the double standard on domestic caregiving, we have to wait til women are at least able to accuse their rapists without being shamed in society to bring it up.

Otherwise we look like MRA trying to hold onto our toxic male dominated patriarchy. Which is not the case, at all.

I think the way we fight this is by showing up for those we hope will show up for us.

I've never experienced abuse at the hands of a woman, but I know men who have, and would not speak up for a million reasons...not the least of which was the (ahem) toxically masculine notion that a man should not admit that "he was beat up by a girl". This is further compounded by the fact that you may have to tell some super macho cop the very same thing, who will make their own assumptions about you, impacting their work and judgement. And if there are kids in the relationship, it's even worse, because you can't simply just leave, given how often custody is awarded to the mother. If the mother is abusive, and no one believes you, not only do you want to not lose your kids through leaving, you want to make sure someone is there to protect them.

MRA's gave men's rights activism a bad name through the confrontational activism of some of their more infamous characters. It's like the most vocal MRA's can't make their point without diminishing the points of feminists. Perhaps if MRA's were visibly supporting women, who, as you say, have it worse overall than men do, then men can reasonably ask for the support of women to combat this issue.

What a total low-life response. This is exactly why men never say anything when they are the victims. Pathetic.

If men never say anything then why do we have a supposed study here claiming that boys are MORE likely to be victims?

You poor, poor victim.

Eco, brother...hold on. I know, the OP generally posts some anti-women stuff, we are all familiar with it. But...isn't a guy that gets beat up by a gal a victim? In the eyes of the law they would be. Can we not support the notion that no one should be beaten up by anyone, irrespective of gender?

I think what a lot of people miss is that feminism addresses a big portion of why this happens, especially why it continues to happen...the whole controversial notion of toxic masculinity (though I wish they'd find a less triggering word for that concept). And I'm guessing that you're responding more to the intent of the OP, vs. the content... Just wanting to clarify, though.

If you must know, it was full-on sexual and psychological abuse that went on over several months.

Your individual anecdote is sad but largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We're talking about who on the whole is more likely to be abused by the other men or women. In order to try and make the argument that men and boys get abused more often you're having to count simple things like getting slapped. You're also having to factor in instances of young boys being abused by other boys. Catholic priests and altar boys come to mind.

Your individual anecdote is sad but largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We're talking about who on the whole is more likely to be abused by the other men or women. In order to try and make the argument that men and boys get abused more often you're having to count simple things like getting slapped. You're also having to factor in instances of young boys being abused by other boys. Catholic priests and altar boys come to mind.

Would you consider a man slapping a woman to be abuse?

Does the law differentiate?

So there's a few things to unpack here.

It is true, that female on male domestic violence in general, is massively under reported, it does happen, more often than one would think, personally, I was punched and slapped by a girlfriend on a couple of occasions, but I'm a bit old fashioned and don't really think anything of it, it was a couple of times over a 2 year period and I can't say I didn't do anything to precipitate it, believe me, however I digress.

In reality still, male on female violence is far more widespread, that doesn't discount what some males are experiencing, but its important to point that out, this is one study, not that I have any reason to doubt it, but in general, it remains true that male on female violence, especially in the domestic setting, far outweighs the opposite.

Thirdly one must also understand the motivations of the OP in posting such a study, he's someone with a seething hatred for women and someone who values them as much as he may value a doormat.

Another factor to consider is that a male victim of teen dating violence doesn't always equate to a female perpetrator.

You too, seem cool with the sexual abuse of a 13-year-old. The silver lining is that my son learned first hand what women can be like at a young age. Thankfully at 16, he now has a good girlfriend.

Again, nobody is really talking about your individual anecdote about your child. If you say that happened I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not lying. But the question is who has more to fear from the other overall? men/boys fearing women/girls or women/girls fearing men/boys. Without question women and girls have significantly more to fear from men/boys than vice versa. It's not even close.

In fact, I'm struggling to find the exact source of the statistic right now, but I believe the 6th leading cause of death among women under 50 years old is being killed by a man. Among men on the other hand homicide is still a relatively high cause of death, but considerably more often than not, their murderer was also a man.

So among men who have been attacked or abuse, their greatest fear isn't from their girlfriend or wife. It's still from another man.

Would you consider a man slapping a woman to be abuse?

Does the law differentiate?

When it's reported that a man has been "abused on a date" is it always assumed the attacker is a female?

Men can be raped. Correct?
Is the assumption that the rapist is always a female in that case?

Also, how many women/girls do you think might have acted out in violence as the ONLY way to prevent a "date" from tripping over the line into a rape situation?

Now I'm not saying there are no abusive and violent females out there. It's surely an issue not to take lightly.

The problem with this thread is that there's an insinuation that in any given situation between a male and a female, it's the male that's in the most danger of being violently attacked.
That's just complete hogwash and I'm sure you'll agree.

When it's reported that a man has been "abused on a date" is it always assumed the attacker is a female?

Men can be raped. Correct?
Is the assumption that the rapist is always a female in that case?

Also, how many women/girls do you think might have acted out in violence as the ONLY way to prevent a "date" from tripping over the line into a rape situation?

Now I'm not saying there are no abusive and violent females out there. It surely an issue not to take lightly.

The problem with this thread is that there's an insinuation that in any given situation between a male and a female, it's the male that's in the most danger of being violently attacked.
That's just complete hogwash and I'm sure you'll agree.

I'm not sure, if I'm totally honest. I'm not totally sure of the statistics, and should probably review them before commenting.

But I will agree, it does SOUND like hogwash. I have to admit bias, though - I watched my mother suffer abuse at the hands of a stepfather - or, rather, learned about it after the fact, she did a good job of hiding it from my sister and I. So, I watched her suffer without really knowing why until it was too late. So, I have to force myself to be a little more disciplined when considering these things and keep an open mind, understanding that I'm starting out from a biased place.

Would you consider a man slapping a woman to be abused?

Certainly, it is all classified as abuse and listed the same in statistics, but if you're not factoring in the differentiation in size and strength when assessing the severity of it you're being incredibly dishonest. I mean my little brother was 5 years younger than me. When I was pestering him and making fun of him for something it wasn't that uncommon for me to try and hit me in retaliation. But you would never see my haul off and deck him in retaliation for it. He was no match for me, and frankly, I generally deserved whatever he was trying to do to me.

Obviously, there are at least some instances of women who physically abuse their husbands and boyfriends, but acting like they are remotely equal or even worse for men is just flat out nonsensical and dishonest.

Anyone not buying into your snowflake cryababy BS is a serial killer. Find a safe space for you and the boys that can't handle a girl.

Awww....more kind, compassionate, and empathetic behavior from you. Do you often make it a habit of laughing at victims? Or is it just your racist and sexist proclivities where you only laugh at certain demographics?

Was going to post about my own experiences, then realized it made me sound like a MRA and deleted everything I was writing.

Problem is, can't talk about women doing bad things to men, without sounding like your anti women.

Just like it's hard for a feminist to talk about what's happening to women without sounding anti men. It's weird to agree with a movement that makes you feel evil for the way you were taught, by a woman (your mother) to treat other women.

And right now, women have the ****tier end of the stick. So anything us men complain about, whether it's the domestic abuse, the general acceptance that it's ok to manipulate men for financial gain, or the double standard on domestic caregiving, we have to wait til women are at least able to accuse their rapists without being shamed in society to bring it up.

Otherwise we look like MRA trying to hold onto our toxic male dominated patriarchy. Which is not the case, at all.

Here's the problem. It's not a competition. Both men and women can have problems and without invalidating the other.

Awww....more kind, compassionate, and empathetic behavior from you. Do you often make it a habit of laughing at victims? Or is it just your racist and sexist proclivities where you only laugh at certain demographics?

I thought I told you don't cry at me.

Certainly, it is all classified as abuse and listed the same in statistics, but if you're not factoring in the differentiation in size and strength when assessing the severity of it you're being incredibly dishonest. I mean my little brother was 5 years younger than me. When I was pestering him and making fun of him for something it wasn't that uncommon for me to try and hit me in retaliation. But you would never see my haul off and deck him in retaliation for it. He was no match for me, and frankly, I generally deserved whatever he was trying to do to me.

Obviously, there are at least some instances of women who physically abuse their husbands and boyfriends, but acting like they are remotely equal or even worse for men is just flat out nonsensical and dishonest.

Hmm...that's an odd assertion to make. There are female soldiers and police officers and boxers and rugby players and weight lifters and martial artists... And there are men who can't throw a punch, or lift more than 20lbs. Are you inadvertently using outdated male and female stereotypes in your effort to be progressive? ;)

See my note to Dragonfly...I tend to agree with you, due to the bias I gained through dealing with the abuse of my mother by a stepfather. I'm the last person in the world to be unsympathetic to women, or to downplay their plight. Please understand that, above all else. All I'm trying to do with these points I'm making is to say that abuse of men does happen, society is far less accommodating in those situations, and I'm a hypocrite if I downplay those concerns, while not doing so for women. A slap is a slap, it's against the law, a victim is created. That's the facts. Beyond that, let the cops and the judge figure out the degree to which the offender (whether it be a man or a woman) is punished - let the punishment fit the crime, as the old saying goes.

How about this...I'll stop when you stop being a racist and a sexist.

I bet you cry, "people use the term racist so much it doesn't mean anything".

My sense is that women use things like extortion to abuse. Physical force isn't the only option to abuse someone.

I bet you cry, "people use the term racist so much it doesn't mean anything".

It should be used for when people are racist and sexist, people like you.

Yes...the poor poor men.

Victims.

Men.

Especially white men.

Victims.

:inandout:

Why does it bother people to talk about violence against white men? Do some of us deserve it because other white men owned slaves? Where do you draw the line? Can rich white Southern women not complain about rape because they are great grand daughters of slave owners?

Don't talk about it... assholes here will just try to label you as a misogynist...

So there's a few things to unpack here.

It is true, that female on male domestic violence in general, is massively under reported, it does happen, more often than one would think, personally, I was punched and slapped by a girlfriend on a couple of occasions, but I'm a bit old fashioned and don't really think anything of it, it was a couple of times over a 2 year period and I can't say I didn't do anything to precipitate it, believe me, however I digress.

In reality still, male on female violence is far more widespread, that doesn't discount what some males are experiencing, but its important to point that out, this is one study, not that I have any reason to doubt it, but in general, it remains true that male on female violence, especially in the domestic setting, far outweighs the opposite.

Thirdly one must also understand the motivations of the OP in posting such a study, he's someone with a seething hatred for women and someone who values them as much as he may value a doormat.
Depends on what you consider violence... throwing pots or dishes and not hitting the guy or acting like you will stab the guy with a knife is violence and is massively under reported. Reported domestic abuse is almost 40% woman against man and 60% man against woman... that is not "far more widespread" especially if you take into account that men generally don't report it... how many times on cop shows do the police role up when a woman calls the cops and then they find out that the guy was being hit and attacked for a long time before hitting back... and then the man, often bloody, is arrested while the woman is consoled...

Sorry, but getting slapped by your girlfriend isn't in the same ballpark as getting punched by your boyfriend. Go cry victim somewhere else.

Why do you condone female against male violence?

Back
Top Bottom