• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boycotting Target?

Are you Boycotting Target?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. The only places I have or would ever boycott are those whose practices are cruel to animals. I don't really give a flying **** about bathroom policies either way.

While I don't like to shop at Walmart. Most I come across are poorly run, staff acts like they are king instead of the shopper. Even managers cut in front of you, don't give you the time of day. I go there for things that are cheap and convenient only.
Target is much more my style. Much better service, cleaner stores, well lit, friendly staff. Their grocery stinks though. Selection is minimal at best, and prices are not very competitive.

I like Amazon's bathroom policy, you can shop while you drop.

Yes, I've heard. Here's a bizarre case of mind bending stupidity. I have a client who is an FTM transsxual. He is married. His wife has parents. Those parents are boycotting Target because of their policy of allowing transsexuals in the bathroom of the gender of which they identify... yet they still say they love their daughter's husband and fully support him and his transsexuality. They are boycotting due to their faith... interesting since transsexuality is not mentioned in the bible. This is a great example the idiotic hoops and insanity of logic that some people are jumping through in order to support their bias and ignorance.

So, here's my question for you. What do you think of the position of the parents in the example I gave? Does it seem consistent? Does it seem logical?
so what is Target's washroom policy...I thought they said washrooms must be used according to gender at birth?

so what is Target's washroom policy...I thought they said washrooms must be used according to gender at birth?

No. They are almost completely the opposite. They said basically use the restroom you are most comfortable using. They don't really care which restroom or fitting room you use. And that is in fact the policy of most major retail stores, whether mall, strip mall, or free standing.

Of course not. I shop there when it's convenient, although I think they are way too expensive for most things.

If I boycotted target over this, I'd have to quit my job to remain consistent, since we have the same policy they do. (Of course anyone who knows me knows I'm against hb2 type laws and policies in the first place.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. They are almost completely the opposite. They said basically use the restroom you are most comfortable using. They don't really care which restroom or fitting room you use. And that is in fact the policy of most major retail stores, whether mall, strip mall, or free standing.

ah well then, good for Target, they are getting something right

thanks for the clarification

Yes. I hate Target. They constantly try to have me arrested in front of their store. I will not support them. Have boycotted them for years.

Just ask a clerk to check the bathroom to make sure there isn't someone of the apparent opposite gender in there. Tell them you have a disability that is sometimes expressed as a phobia, and your lawyer suggested you always ask that it be checked by store personnel.

Yes. I hate Target. They constantly try to have me arrested in front of their store. I will not support them. Have boycotted them for years.

What are you doing in front of their store?

Are you? Just curious.

I have been boycotting Target (and most retail) since before it was cool. Once I learned of all their horrible technical problems and hacks, I stay far far away as necessary.

One of the biggest things killing our economy..

Buy Made in USA - quit the cheap crap
Elect Sanders so we can afford to.

:mrgreen:

Target left Canada - couldn't survive here - and I was unimpressed with them when they were here, but I wouldn't boycott them over their bathroom policy. In fact, I support it and don't get why people have their knickers in a knot over it.

Are you? Just curious.

Yes. It's an act of hubris by a small minority trying to show "who's boss" by forcing large numbers of people into a distressing situation.

Yes, I've heard. Here's a bizarre case of mind bending stupidity. I have a client who is an FTM transsxual. He is married. His wife has parents. Those parents are boycotting Target because of their policy of allowing transsexuals in the bathroom of the gender of which they identify... yet they still say they love their daughter's husband and fully support him and his transsexuality. They are boycotting due to their faith... interesting since transsexuality is not mentioned in the bible. This is a great example the idiotic hoops and insanity of logic that some people are jumping through in order to support their bias and ignorance.

So, here's my question for you. What do you think of the position of the parents in the example I gave? Does it seem consistent? Does it seem logical?

Of course it's logical. What is being done here is a political power play. Many lifelong females are distressed by having some gender-fluid male at birth in the bathroom with them. Those lifelong females should be shown some consideration.

Of course it's logical. What is being done here is a political power play. Many lifelong females are distressed by having some gender-fluid male at birth in the bathroom with them. Those lifelong females should be shown some consideration.

Why? They don't even know if that person they think might be a man really is a man or has a penis.

I am reserving judgement at the moment. I don't have a dog in the fight politically here, I am a Catholic but do have some contentions with the religion, I don't care about the LGTB issue past a human rights stance, I think both sides in the argument are chock full of idiots.

The one thing I think Target really screwed up on is the sloppiness of the policy, but not that different from the sloppiness of the current city ordinances previously passed. I don't see anywhere in there on either the laws or policy that have sufficient consequences for sexual perverts who abuse the situation by saying "I identify as......"(not speaking of transsexuals, I don't agree that it's perversion, or any other LGTB members but specifically sexual predators).

Years ago my kids wanted to buy school clothes there. So we did. Till they figured out that they were too cheaply made to make it through the school year, cause you see we gave the kids so much money to spend on school stuff, and once the money was out they had to figure it out.

I think I have been there one time in the last 5 years.

As a former retailer I pay attention to the scene. THis management sucks, being in this fight is a self inflicted error.

Trump Tower has the same bathroom policy as Target. If you are boycotting Target, you should also be boycotting Trump. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom