• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boycott Starbucks

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...rd-schultz-says-hes-not-running-for-president

Michael Moore calls for Starbucks boycott... I had already done so on my own.

Is this guys ego the problem that puts us all at risk?

What do you think?

Which ego we talking about here? Both Schultz and Moore have huge egos. As for boycotting Starbucks, I've already done so for years. Not do to any political or social reasons, I just don't like paying exuberant amounts of money for "so-so" coffee.

Why would I boycott Starbucks just because its CEO is running for President? How about I just not vote for him if I don’t want him to be President?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...rd-schultz-says-hes-not-running-for-president

What do you think?

If he wants to run then let him.People should vote for who ever they think is the best candidate possible. The two major parties have no business trying to squeeze out the other parties and independent candidates.

Also the boycott is stupid for the fact Schultz is no longer the CEO of starbucks.

Why would I boycott Starbucks just because its CEO is running for President? How about I just not vote for him if I don’t want him to be President?

Because refusing to boycott is shirking your duty as an American to jump on the bandwagon of some useless cause or another at least twice a year.

What do you think?

Take one and a half scoops of stevia powder,
one scoop of powdered cappucino mix,
one quarter scoop of unsweetened dark baking chocolate powder,
one scoop of instant coffee.

(use small coffeepot scoop)

Mix together.

Add four small ice chunks,
ten ounces of whole milk.

Blend on high for one minute in small blender.

Not only will you never have to visit a Starbucks again, you've also cut out a lot of sugar, for a drink that Starbucks is apparently unable to offer.

Cost per serving: approx. 50 cents

What do you think?

I never go to starbucks, way too dang expensive for just a coffee. Besides, I like my black. If anyone puts all that other junk into coffee, they don't like coffee. I never got into boycotts for any reason. I remember a supposedly boycott of chik Fil a over something the owner said that wasn't political correct what ever it was. Then I remember reading that the month following the supposedly boycott, Chik Fil A had they best and busiest month ever in the history of that franchise.

Micheal Moore probably does put us all at risk. His movies are about as far from the truth as one can get.

What do you think?

Hadn't heard this. I guess Moore is predicting that if a boycott occurs, Schultz might realize he's not a popular candidate?

Can't remember who wrote it, just read it today....Don't vote for anyone who has never held a government office before. All presidents have either been elected or served as military officer....EXCEPT Herbert Hoover and Donald Trump. Schultz should take note.

Ironic the interest in Schultz on the right, considering their hatred of the other businessman Bloomberg. Could it be they see him as an insurance policy to get their less than 30% approved candidate a shot?

Hadn't heard this. I guess Moore is predicting that if a boycott occurs, Schultz might realize he's not a popular candidate?

Can't remember who wrote it, just read it today....Don't vote for anyone who has never held a government office before. All presidents have either been elected or served as military officer....EXCEPT Herbert Hoover and Donald Trump. Schultz should take note.

Ironic the interest in Schultz on the right, considering their hatred of the other businessman Bloomberg. Could it be they see him as an insurance policy to get their less than 30% approved candidate a shot?

Is it possible that there are Democrats out there who don't share the more radical views of the left wing of their party? If so, might those voters be looking for what they would consider a sane and reasonable alternative candidate?

Is it possible that there are Democrats out there who don't share the more radical views of the left wing of their party? If so, might those voters be looking for what they would consider a sane and reasonable alternative candidate?

There are but they are deathly afraid of being shouted down and attacked by the fringe which has taken control.

I think MOST Democrats don't share radical left wing views. I don't believe MOST democrats want to elect a Republican. I'm not sure which part of my post you take issue with?

Moore, who does to an extent share radical views, seeks to show Schultz he can't carry the very left.

The presidencies of the 2 "businessmen presidents" have been quite tumultuous (avoiding the word disastrous to stay on topic). Bloomberg is quite a successful businessman, who actually has government experience, but is like Satan to the right.

Have to wonder why Schultz is attractive to conservatives? As an INDEPENDENT. Why not nominate him for the GOP? hmm, Right wing pundits predict a Schultz candidacy would be very helpful to Trump, and I might agree with Fox News for maybe the first time in my life.

A sane and reasonable alternative candidate to Trump should find a way to win the democratic nomination. That is my opinion.

There are but they are deathly afraid of being shouted down and attacked by the fringe which has taken control.

That is an ironic statement, considering all the considerable opposition to Trump in the Republican Party has been officially been told not to bother by the RNC. Are you in favor of hearing all candidates on the left, but none on the right?

That is an ironic statement, considering all the considerable opposition to Trump in the Republican Party has been officially been told not to bother by the RNC. Are you in favor of hearing all candidates on the left, but none on the right?

Nope. And anyone who wants to run against Trump is welcome to do so.

What do you think?

Never have gone before but I'm going to start to show my support.

Not quite sure how it works but figure all I need is to group up 3-4 of the whiniest people I know and we can sit around Starbucks discussing which one of us was the most offended that day

Not quite sure how it works but figure all I need is to group up 3-4 of the whiniest people I know and we can sit around Starbucks discussing which one of us was the most offended that day

Don't use the bathroom. Then you might really be offended.:shock:

Nope. And anyone who wants to run against Trump is welcome to do so.

The RNC unanimously passed a resolution in January 2019 backing the candidacy of Donald Trump. I assume they are welcome to run as Independents?

Which ego we talking about here? Both Schultz and Moore have huge egos. As for boycotting Starbucks, I've already done so for years. Not do to any political or social reasons, I just don't like paying exuberant amounts of money for "so-so" coffee.

Same here.

I would redeem Starbucks gift cards for the nice travel cups instead of the contents.

And if you are not a threatening minority member, you can probably sit there all day nursing your Grande DeCaf. Have fun!! Remember to get upset about the holiday coffee cups!

And if you are not a threatening minority member, you can probably sit there all day nursing your Grande DeCaf. Have fun!! Remember to get upset about the holiday coffee cups!

Gosh, don't know how I'll get thru a day without threatening a minority.

But according to you liberals, wearing a MAGA hat now qualifies as doing just that so it's possible I might send some scurrying to safe spaces.

You probably won't be sitting there long if you all wear MAGA hats...;)

Back
Top Bottom