• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Boycott Florida

Compatibilist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Are you kidding me?? Now the race baiters are calling to keep out of Florida. We all know this isn't anything related to SYG. Otherwise they would also be calling for the same thing in 20+ other states. This is obviously about GZ Not guilty verdict.

Wow... think their going to miss Stevie Wonder? I like the guys music but is this really going to influence others and be effective... will they next stop buying Fla oranges?

"Florida is not a safe place to take your family for vacation as long as Florida law permits a citizen to shoot or kill you for merely looking suspicious, and to do it with impunity. Boycott Florida tourism until this dangerous law is overturned. If the murder of Trayvon Martin isn't enough to get lawmaker's attention, maybe a loss in revenue to the state would be."

Boycott Florida Tourism Until Stand Your Ground Repealed, Petition Says

Are you kidding me?? Now the race baiters are calling to keep out of Florida. We all know this isn't anything related to SYG. Otherwise they would also be calling for the same thing in 20+ other states. This is obviously about GZ Not guilty verdict.

Wow... think their going to miss Stevie Wonder? I like the guys music but is this really going to influence others and be effective... will they next stop buying Fla oranges?

"Florida is not a safe place to take your family for vacation as long as Florida law permits a citizen to shoot or kill you for merely looking suspicious, and to do it with impunity. Boycott Florida tourism until this dangerous law is overturned. If the murder of Trayvon Martin isn't enough to get lawmaker's attention, maybe a loss in revenue to the state would be."

The petition is from "MoveOn.org"... That really says it all, if you know what I mean...

This seems to me to be more related to the 2A and self defense laws than to racial issue.

Also seems to be a dumb idea

When I was working in SF the beach patrol ran over two British sunbathers and killed them.

Old has-beens that nobody cares about and few even heard of often are desperate for media attention. No one cares. Everyone understands that every liberal and African-American talking head is taking the African-American guy's side because of his race.

It would appear as a loyalty to their race, every African-American has to rage that African-Americans should be allowed violently attack anyone who isn't black if they don't like how the person is looking at them - and anyone who doesn't agree with them is a racist.

OH, BTW, Stevie Wonder doesn't do concerts. The attached link shows his concert schedule - ZERO! He's ancient history and wasn't even significant back-then

http://concerttour.org/stevie-wonder-tour

He is hoping that this public kiss-ass of the left will mean some rich white liberal in Hollywood or NYC will hire him to come play at one of their millionaire's only charity fund raisers to the noble cause buying some million dollar piece of art for a $20 admission art gallery somewhere.

So... like Steve Wonder, I refuse to any performances in the White House until Obama apologized for his racist statement about Trayvon Martin, when Zimmerman is 100% as much the same race as Obama.

And like Stevie Wonder, I wish someone would ask me to do some kind of concert performance at the White House - or anywhere - so I could refuse to do it. :roll:

Last edited:
How in the **** is Stevie Wonder going to know if he is in Florida?

These morons protesting Florida say they are going to boycott the state like thats a punishment.

I wish all the race baiters and their ilk would boycott my state. good riddance

Please, please do boycott my state. In fact anyone that wants to leave, you have my blessing.

Black Americans have a successful history of using Boycotts to get change. Back then it was a good strategy and the changes were overdue.

But here it seems mostly about getting Feds to charge GZ with Civil Rights violations.. and get him locked up.

I can't see this happening.

Stevie Wonder did - decades ago - do a song with this line in it (For some reason I heard it once and always remembered it.)

"Something's grab get you.
Somethings gonna jump out of the bushed as grab you.
Hold on, You better run faster."

Seems of some relevance to the TM/GZ incident.

[video]http://www.songlyrics.com/stevie-wonder/keep-on-running-lyrics/[/video]

(Then again, in one sense the lyrics of the whole song is the psychotic male stalker's song)

Last edited:
Let me get this straight... this petition was started by MoveOn.org?

Do they not realize that most of their audience can't even scrape together enough money to attend an OWS rally more than ten miles away? Christ, the most that could happen as a result of this is that the state of Florida would SAVE money by not having to arrest and detain a bunch of transients.

Its the same thing when Arizona enacted anti-illegal immigration laws laws and all the pro-illegal scum were trying to boycott Arizona.That boycott never worked so I do not see this boycott working either.

[h=2]STEVIE WONDER LYRICS[/h]
phone.gif
Send "Keep On Running" Ringtone to your Cell
phone_flip.gif

"Keep On Running"

Some gonna get you
Some gonna grab you
Some gonna jump out of the bushes and grab you
Whole lotta folks, you better run faster.

Some gonna grab you
Some gonna grab you
Oh You need this thing to grab you, ha.
Yea, yea

Keep on running
Keep on running from my love
Keep on running, yea

Some folks say that you're really, really fine,
All you want to be is just a friend of mine,
But I know, the man your with gonna break your heart,
And you'll be sad real soon, yea.

Keep on running,
Keep on running from my love,
Keep on running, yea,
Keep on running from my love.

Some folks say that you're really, really fine
But all you want to be is just a friend of mine,
But I know I'm gonna get you with him -real soon.

Why do you keep?
Keep on running, running from my love
Yea, keep on running from
I need you baby
And everyday yea,
Keep on running, running from my love. Oh

Keep on running
Keep on running yea

Some folks say that your love is really good
But I know, I'm gonna get you in the end
'Cause I need you so

Keep on running
Yea, keep on running baby
Keep on running, running from my love, yea
...say it loud
Oh, yea
...say it loud
Something gonna get you, yea
You can get it baby in my love
Oh, yea say
sing I love you so
Sing, so
sing a little song for me
Baby, you can bring me love
I wanna hear
Yea,
Everybody sing it with me, yea
Some's gonna grab you
some's gonna jump out of the bushes and grab you, yea
keep on running baby
Oh, yea yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea
This is it

Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Keep on running
yea, yea,
I'm getting tired of you running
Can you feel it in the shoe babe?
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na.
Hey, hey
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, mama, mama, mama

The petition is from "MoveOn.org"... That really says it all, if you know what I mean...

If it was from Breitbart, you'd be the first signature on it.

[h=2]STEVIE WONDER LYRICS[/h]
phone.gif
Send "Keep On Running" Ringtone to your Cell
phone_flip.gif

"Keep On Running"

Some gonna get you
Some gonna grab you
Whole lotta folks, you better run faster.

Some gonna grab you
Some gonna grab you
Oh You need this thing to grab you, ha.
Yea, yea

Keep on running
Keep on running, yea

Some folks say that you're really, really fine,
But I know, the man your with gonna break your heart,
And you'll be sad real soon, yea.

Keep on running,
Keep on running from my love,
Keep on running, yea,
Keep on running from my love.

Some folks say that you're really, really fine
But all you want to be is just a friend of mine,
But I know I'm gonna get you with him -real soon.

Why do you keep?
Yea, keep on running from
I need you baby
And everyday yea,
Keep on running, running from my love. Oh

Keep on running
Keep on running yea

Some folks say that your love is really good
But I know, I'm gonna get you in the end
'Cause I need you so

Keep on running
Yea, keep on running baby
Keep on running, running from my love, yea
...say it loud
Oh, yea
...say it loud
Something gonna get you, yea
You can get it baby in my love
Oh, yea say
sing I love you so
Sing, so
sing a little song for me
Baby, you can bring me love
I wanna hear
Yea,
Everybody sing it with me, yea
Some's gonna grab you
some's gonna jump out of the bushes and grab you, yea
keep on running baby
Oh, yea yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea
This is it

Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Keep on running
yea, yea,
I'm getting tired of you running
Can you feel it in the shoe babe?
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na.
Hey, hey
Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, mama, mama, mama

Someone call the police, Stevie Wonder expressed an opinion in song that isn't even about this! This must be stopped!

let them it will turn Florida red forever a democrat will never win an election there never again dog face Debby should start packing her bags

I predict little success for this petition.

There were already plenty of reasons to avoid Florida.

I predict little success for this petition.

Lately, your *predictions* are not *cutting the mustard*

Perhaps, a new crystal ball from Walmart is in order

When I was working in SF the beach patrol ran over two British sunbathers and killed them.

Oh no! Some completely unrelated crap that has nothing to do with the OP. Color me surprised!

That's at least a 3 point infraction

Stevie Wonder posting his upset over the Trayvon martin hearing on Twitter...stevie-wonder-has-some-of-the-best-tweets_o_1371055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom