• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Boycott Florida

Come on, that wasn't racism. It was a comment on some people's illogic. Yeah, let's boycott states where crime is dropping. :roll:

American, the boycott is stupid, but comments about "back to Africa" are indeed racist. Sorry.

American, the boycott is stupid, but comments about "back to Africa" are indeed racist. Sorry.

tell that to the rapper who is encouraging every black person in America to move back to africa

tell that to the rapper who is encouraging every black person in America to move back to africa

that does not diminish the racism that was expressed by the statement

Completely different context Oscar, common.

I haven't yet read all the posts in this thread, but it strikes me that the tourist board in Florida will be delighted if all the rioters and marching lunatics in other parts of the country choose not to visit Florida anytime soon. All us law abiding, respectful of others and their property, tourists will find Florida a safer and more enjoyable place to visit.

that does not diminish the racism that was expressed by the statement

no racism, just a commentary on the stupidity/illogical nature of the boycott mentality.

think about it, if black people boycott every state that has laws like FL or where cases like this one occur...where else is there left for them to go?

I see a dramatic drop in Florida crime rate, should this boycott actually happen. If they decide to boycott every state where they see injustices, the only place left to go is.... Africa... buh bye!!

Nasty!

Uncle Gus: It's MY house....and if you don't like it, you can get the **** out.

yeah.... the rapper meant it in a "good" way. ;)

Hehehehe! Well good or not, I was born here and when I do leave when my wife retires, it will not be to Africa. So the rapper can kiss my forever black ass!

PS unless you believe in reincarnation at which point I could come back as a white female or something.

If it was from Breitbart, you'd be the first signature on it.

NO ! I'd be PROUD to be the First.

It's always good to be known as a righteous fella.

I see a dramatic drop in Florida crime rate, should this boycott actually happen. If they decide to boycott every state where they see injustices, the only place left to go is.... Africa... buh bye!!

Yea, because there is no crime or injustice in Africa.:roll:

Yea, because there is no crime or injustice in Africa.:roll:

during my military travels, I've spent a fair amount of time in Africa. from my experience, Africans hate "african-americans" more than white people do. which I always found odd, since they are the ones who sold "them" to "us" in the first place.

One of the most racist mother-****ers I ever met was a Nigerian dude who had moved to the US as a kid. absolutely HATED "african-americans".

The boycott will go nowhere. Just like when Az was boycotted over SB1070.
Those that support the FLA boycott and live in FLA are only hurting themselves. It is such a good idea to reduce tax collection from tourism. :mrgreen:

I haven't yet read all the posts in this thread, but it strikes me that the tourist board in Florida will be delighted if all the rioters and marching lunatics in other parts of the country choose not to visit Florida anytime soon. All us law abiding, respectful of others and their property, tourists will find Florida a safer and more enjoyable place to visit.

Greetings, CJ. :2wave:

Since my children are grown, we don't go to Disney World every year now. But when we did, we never had to worry about angry mobs! What has happened to our Country? Maybe if those people had jobs to go to, they wouldn't have time to riot and cause trouble! Perhaps if Harry Reid wouldn't keep shoving into a drawer the legislation that the House sends him, and refusing to even bring it up for a vote, things would improve? After all, BHO has been focused like a laser on job creation...his own words... for five years now, so when may we expect results? If Reid is the bottleneck, why hasn't BHO had a stern talk with him? Oh, never mind....I guess it's all talk and no walk! :thumbdown:

I don't travel anymore but my daughter and SIL go to Florida a lot. I will be giving her a $100 to spend extra there for me to help their economy. No way am I boycotting Florida and doubt many will.

Greetings, CJ. :2wave:

Since my children are grown, we don't go to Disney World every year now. But when we did, we never had to worry about angry mobs! What has happened to our Country? Maybe if those people had jobs to go to, they wouldn't have time to riot and cause trouble! Perhaps if Harry Reid wouldn't keep shoving into a drawer the legislation that the House sends him, and refusing to even bring it up for a vote, things would improve? After all, BHO has been focused like a laser on job creation...his own words... for five years now, so when may we expect results? If Reid is the bottleneck, why hasn't BHO had a stern talk with him? Oh, never mind....I guess it's all talk and no walk! :thumbdown:

Good afternoon Lady P - hope all is well.

eh....

i travel to Tampa a couple times a year for work. Dinner on the beach in Clearwater (why does every band on the boardwalk feel compelled to play Margaritaville?) beer and some awesome hand rolled cigars in Ybor City. What's not to love?

Looking forward to my fall trip there.

eh....

i travel to Tampa a couple times a year for work. Dinner on the beach in Clearwater (why does every band on the boardwalk feel compelled to play Margaritaville?) beer and some awesome hand rolled cigars in Ybor City. What's not to love?

Looking forward to my fall trip there.

I have a timeshare in Orlando. spend a week there every winter. I'll be sure to buy plenty of alcohol and a couple of extra T-shirts this year just to do my part. Hell...I may even get another tattoo while I'm there. ;)

Are you kidding me?? Now the race baiters are calling to keep out of Florida. We all know this isn't anything related to SYG. Otherwise they would also be calling for the same thing in 20+ other states. This is obviously about GZ Not guilty verdict.

Wow... think their going to miss Stevie Wonder? I like the guys music but is this really going to influence others and be effective... will they next stop buying Fla oranges?

"Florida is not a safe place to take your family for vacation as long as Florida law permits a citizen to shoot or kill you for merely looking suspicious, and to do it with impunity. Boycott Florida tourism until this dangerous law is overturned. If the murder of Trayvon Martin isn't enough to get lawmaker's attention, maybe a loss in revenue to the state would be."

Boycott Florida Tourism Until Stand Your Ground Repealed, Petition Says

By all means one should vacation in Chicago instead, as their strict "blue" gun laws make that a much better choice. Just remember to take cover to avoid any gang bangers hanging out of car windows spraying lead to off a rival gang member. ;)

Back
Top Bottom