• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

boycot the boston harbor hotel

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
MCAD‏
Sent: Sat 7/17/10 3:59 PM
To:

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Commission Against Discrimination

One Ashburton Place, Boston, MA 02108

Phone: (617) 994-6000 Fax: (617) 994-6024

MCAD DOCKET NUMBER: IOBPAOl740

EEOC/HUD CHARGE NUMBER:

FILING DATE: 07/13/10

VIOLATION DATE: 07/03/10

Name of Aggrieved Person or Organization:

Paul Saia

160 Commandants Way

Chelsea, MA 02150

Named is the employer, labor organization, employment agency, or state/local government agency who discriminated against me:

Boston Harbor Hotel

Attn: Director of Human Resources

70 Rowes Warf

Boston, MA 02110

No, of Employees:

20 +

Work Location:

Cause of Discrimination based on:

Disability (perceived Mental Il1ness

The particulars are:

I, Paul Saia, the Complainant believe that I was discriminated against by Boston Harbor Hotel, on the basis of Disability.

This is in violation ofM.G.L. 272 Section 98.

I. I am a member of the Boston Harbor Sailing Club. The club requires a minimum of two people on a boat.

2. The club has a launch and a call box in Rowe's Wharf to enable club members to access the boats.

3. On July 3, 2010, I was unsuccessful in looking for a second crewmate, so I held up a sign stating that I am looking

for crew to go sailing at the public walkway in front of the launch and call box. This walkway abuts the Boston

Harbor Hotel.

4. The hotel security guard approached me and told me to take the sign down and leave the property. He informed

me that I was trespassing. I explained that I belong to the boat club which has a launch in that wharf, and that I

was not trespassing. The guard stated that the boat club is in Charlestown, and that there was no launch in that

wharf. Despite the fact that I identified the launch and the call box, he flatly denied that there was any launch.

5. Many club members utilize this launch, and it is common knowledge that the launch belongs to the club. I invited

the security guard to approach the call box so that I could show him that it was labeled "Boston Harbor SaHing

Club" and that I was on the walkway for a legitimate reason. He then proceeded to say to me, "You are retarded."

6. The altercation became heated, and he pushed me into the dome structure in the walkway. We tousled for some

time, and I swung at him in self-defense. He pushed me to the ground. I believe that the physical altercation was

recorded on the hotel surveillance cameras.

7. While he had me on the ground, the guard told one of his co-workers to call the police. The police told me to

leave the premises, but did not complete a report.

8, I believe that [ was discriminated against based on my perceived disability of mental illness.

Boycott the hotel?

The guy's lucky he didn't get arrested. I guess he thinks he's a real smarty-pants. But, really? He's a fool.

Back
Top Bottom