• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Boy with Stutter speaks at the DNC convention

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A nice human moment? (Why would that be a bad thing?)

Nice moment. They should have had a kid that doesn't know how to read, too.

Nice moment. They should have had a kid that doesn't know how to read, too.

Agreed, but you shared the wrong video. This one makes more, or is it less, sense:

Biden could then say that under his presidency, people will have better education and never have to worry about being like the current president.

it was really cool.

now that kid, who i'm sure other kids have made fun of his entire life, is motivated by a man who conquered the same problem.

Agreed, but you shared the wrong video. This one makes more, or is it less, sense:

Biden could then say that under his presidency, people will have better education and never have to worry about being like the current president.

:lamo

Proving what projection artists trumpanzees are.

Joe told Brayden that when he was in Catholic school, one of the Nuns used to call him Mr. Buh-buh-buh-Biden.

Hopefully, she's in Hell now.

Joe told Brayden that when he was in Catholic school, one of the Nuns used to call him Mr. Buh-buh-buh-Biden.

As a stutterer aka PWS (person who stutters), I am glad to see the convention spoke about his speech impediment and bullying associated with it.

Boy with stutter delivers moving DNC speech: 'Joe Biden made me feel confident' – video | US news | The Guardian

Brayden Harrington made a speech at the DNC convention. See above. Biden told Brayden they are members of the same club -- stutterers. Really moving speech. In the introduction to Biden, they highlighted Biden lifelong struggle with a stutter.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are if Trump had met this boy at one of his rallies Trump would probably have made fun of the boy's stutter and told the rest of the crowd to trip him or shove him down to the ground or something.

It's another reminder to me that Biden is a fundamentally decent human being, and Trump is a bully and a thug.

Greta not available?

Thats fuh fuh fuh funny

We had some nuns like that. One berated a kid for crying in class, his father had died recently, that old crone was saying "whats the matter, do you miss your dad?" in a mocking tone.

I wish I had a time machine to videotape her and get her committed to a psyche ward, she was a mean, evil woman.

My father explained why the nuns were that way: "Well, a father has 3 daughters, he sends the smart one to college, the pretty one gets married, and the dumb ugly one? Nun"

Why is it that people that self identify as "Very Conservative" are very often such very unkind people?

They think they're funny, I guess.

You must be deeply, deeply unhappy. My condolences.

Honesty, a lot in the political world and this forum just rolls off my back, but sometimes people do manage to shock me. Imagine making fun of a kid with a stutter. A personification of the lack of character that has taken hold of America.

Back
Top Bottom