• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boy Scouts showing their love for Obama

Kind of disrespectful for boyscouts but I can't blame them. He disrespected them by breaking with tradition and going on the View instead.
I can't watch videos on this dinosaur but I am guessing that's what it's about. I was just listening to Glenn, Stu and Pat discussing it.

They booed the crap out of Obama while his recorded message was playing for them. I can't blame them for it either. We have never had such a self absorbed president that is so indifferent to the traditions of America.

Bunch of brats playing off each other.

Maybe he's avoiding the BS brigade because they're anti-gay? Which doesn't stop the leaders from helping themselves, of course.

Morons.

Bunch of brats playing off each other.

Maybe he's avoiding the BS brigade because they're anti-gay? Which doesn't stop the leaders from helping themselves, of course.

Morons.

So's Obama....

Barack Obama: 'marriage is between a man and a woman'

Why the double standard?

They booed the crap out of Obama while his recorded message was playing for them. I can't blame them for it either. We have never had such a self absorbed president that is so indifferent to the traditions of America.

I heard the audio on radio. I couldn't help but laugh even though Glenn Beck thought it was disrepectful coming from boyscouts in uniform. He has a point, but there are some people who don't deserve to be treated with respect. I don't care if he is the president. I don't see him showing any respect for the majority of American people.

Scouts_honor said:
A Scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

I guess they can scratch "Courteous" from that list.

I guess they can scratch "Courteous" from that list.

Yeah, when the sitting President is more interested in going on "The View" then spending time with the BSA... they shouldn't boo him, that's soo disrespectful. :roll:

I think the President was rude to snuff the BSA for the view, However, this was not the BSA's best moment.

If Obama felt it was so absolute to go to the View, then he could have picked any day he wanted to. Instead, he goes to what obviously gets him votes in his mind.

Oh by the way, I think he had the New Orleans Saints over to his bachelor's pad today. Some hero

Second paragraph makes no sense. Kindly add some validation.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/08/obama-new-orleans-saints/1

You call the White House his "bachelor pad" and wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

If Obama felt it was so absolute to go to the View, then he could have picked any day he wanted to. Instead, he goes to what obviously gets him votes in his mind.

Oh by the way, I think he had the New Orleans Saints over to his bachelor's pad today. Some hero

Last edited:

The president has time to meet every major sports team between here and nowhere, basketball to soccer to baseball to NCAA. Now that's all well and good, every president does it. But I'm merely pointing out he has all this time to meet these teams but can't make an appearance to the Boy Scouts because he has too much on his plate with a women's talk show. What a role model! Didn't think people would have a difficult time understanding that concept.

You call the White House his "bachelor pad" and wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

I try not to take life too seriously, forgive me for making a play at the great times Obama's had at the White House.

Awe shucks - they got their feewing hurt :shrug:

The entire situation is ****ing immature - the President takes some time to actually recognize an organization and the members BOO him and don't appreciate it? I guess my dislike of the BSA is rightly placed.

I don't *like* Obama - but if he thank or appreciated *me* *my family* or an organization I'm a member of I'd be greatly honored and might look at him differently.

I'm not in favor of either but in defense, it was their 100th anniversary.

Maybe I should stop skimming. Was he scheduled to appear, and cancelled?

Awe shucks - they got their feewing hurt :shrug:

The entire situation is ****ing immature - the President takes some time to actually recognize an organization and the members BOO him and don't appreciate it? I guess my dislike of the BSA is rightly placed.

I don't *like* Obama - but if he thank or appreciated *me* *my family* or an organization I'm a member of I'd be greatly honored and might look at him differently.

I'm not in favor of either but in defense, it was their 100th anniversary.

Maybe I should stop skimming. Was he scheduled to appear, and cancelled?

From what I understand, the BSA already knew he wasn't going to attend 2 months in advance because of his schedule.

artemrss: "Boy Scouts of America spokesman Deron Smith said the organization
FOXNews.com - Obama Missing Historic Boy Scout Jamboree for Fundraisers, 'View' Taping

The advanced RSVP doesn't really do much to calm the waters though, because it boils down to what he ended up going to instead. I'd agree with earlier statements though that the Scouts probably didn't exercise their best judgment here, but I can imagine it wouldn't take much to get a whole bunch of young kids booing. Most of em probably don't know what they were even booing.

From what I understand, the BSA already knew he wasn't going to attend 2 months in advance because of his schedule.

artemrss: "Boy Scouts of America spokesman Deron Smith said the organization
FOXNews.com - Obama Missing Historic Boy Scout Jamboree for Fundraisers, 'View' Taping

The advanced RSVP doesn't really do much to calm the waters though, because it boils down to what he ended up going to instead. I'd agree with earlier statements though that the Scouts probably didn't exercise their best judgment here, but I can imagine it wouldn't take much to get a whole bunch of young kids booing. Most of em probably don't know what they were even booing.

Thanks for implying that boy scouts don't have a clue about what's going on in the world. I have as much respect for you now as for bobo himself.

Bah, posted before considering source - and who he was aimed at.

Thanks for implying that boy scouts don't have a clue about what's going on in the world. I have as much respect for you now as for bobo himself.

The mind of the progressive is fascinating. They are so committed to defending their ideology, they will actually attack Boy Scouts.

I've seen it all now. lololololololol

Booing the President of the United States does say much about the Boy Scouts of America. That's their shame, not Obama's.

Booing the President of the United States does say much about the Boy Scouts of America. That's their shame, not Obama's.

It say even more about their adult scout masters

The mind of the progressive is fascinating. They are so committed to defending their ideology, they will actually attack Boy Scouts.

I've seen it all now. lololololololol

I will attack any one acting poorly.

The mind of a conservative is fascinating though. They are so committed to attacking other ideologies they will defend any bad behavior.

I will attack any one acting poorly.

The mind of a conservative is fascinating though. They are so committed to attacking other ideologies they will defend any bad behavior.

They're just kids for Christs sake.... Kids that were blown off by a president that was more interested in his poll numbers and public image, then he was with a 100 year tradition. You people are just despicable.

Obama's not the first president to miss the event, and probably won't be the last. The "outrage" is hilarious.

They're just kids for Christs sake.... Kids that were blown off by a president that was more interested in his poll numbers and public image, then he was with a 100 year tradition. You people are just despicable.

And you just proved my point. Thank you very much.

Hint: kids can be dicks too, and what others do is not an excuse for your behavior.

I met Dan Quayle when he was VP. Now, I am a democrat, and a liberal. I had no use for him. Guess what...he was still the VP, and based solely on that deserved to be treated with respect.

Back
Top Bottom