• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boy Scouts officially allow girls to join

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/428072-boy-scouts-now-allowing-girls-to-join

The Boy Scouts of America’s are officially allowing girls to join their signature group, the Boy Scouts, as of Friday.

The group for boys ages 11 to 17 will be renamed "Scouts BSA" and will begin allowing girls to join the scouring [sic] organization.
======================================================
Be prepared! And be careful not to do
Your good deeds when there's no one watching you
If you're looking for adventure of a
New and different kind
And you come across a Girl Scout who is
Similarly inclined
Don't be nervous, don't be flustered, don't be scared
Be prepared! - Tom Lehrer

So, what will they call themselves now? Boy/Girl Scouts...:roll:

Whichever. It will just be a lot cozier around the camp fires now. A female scout would do a great job of keeping your sleeping bag nice & warm at night.

Just "Scouts"? Here's the thing, The Boy Scouts Organization made the decision. If there was a court decision or lawsuit, I would agree that shouldn't fly. But the organization itself made the decision. Don't like it, then start a boy or girl scout type organization and call it whatever you want to. My guess is their organization numbers were declining and they made the decision to go all inclusive.

Now the organization has said in response:

“The values of Scouting—trustworthy, loyal, helpful, kind, brave and reverent, for example—are important for both young men and women,” said Chief Scout Executive Michael Surbaugh in a statement. “We strive to bring what our organization does best—developing character and leadership for young people—to as many families and youth as possible as we help shape the next generation of leaders.”

Now tell me what you disagree with in that statement?

“Trump Youth?” :lamo

No, that would be a conservative group starting an all-boy group, that excluded gays and taught kids that grabbing ******s is ok and is a fundamental right for males that females need to submit to.

More collateral damage from our overly sensitive PC world.

Whichever. It will just be a lot cozier around the camp fires now. A female scout would do a great job of keeping your sleeping bag nice & warm at night.

Nothin' like co-ed scouts...hey, maybe that should be their name...Co-Ed Scouts...yeah, that's it...:2razz:

Last edited:
"But girls can't go camping! They like tea parties and Barbies!"

:lol:

"But girls can't go camping! They like tea parties and Barbies!"

:lol:

This will add a new dimension to women's lib & scouting both together. I wonder if they will add an 'unwanted teen pregnancy' merit badge? I'll bet all the boys will work a lot harder to make Eagle Scout now.

This will add a new dimension to women's lib & scouting both together. I wonder if they will add an 'unwanted teen pregnancy' merit badge? I'll bet all the boys will work a lot harder to make Eagle Scout now.

Not helping.

Didn't think there was anything wrong with having both Boy's and Girl scouts? Why the need for a change?

Tim-

Didn't think there was anything wrong with having both Boy's and Girl scouts? Why the need for a change?

Tim-

There wouldn’t be if they offered the same activities.

So I guess that will be the death of the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts? Yes? For what is the need if all can join and be recognized as "Scouts". Everyone is equal. Girls and boys alike. No special treatment for either gender. On primitive camping scenarios no special bathrooms for either. No special shower facilities for either. No special aids for either. They are now will be recognized as They and Them no more gender separation as in he or she. The death of gender recognition. Marvelous!

Something so innocent to allow boys and girls to gather together in their own gender is no longer allowed. Way to go you political correct morons.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/428072-boy-scouts-now-allowing-girls-to-join

The Boy Scouts of America’s are officially allowing girls to join their signature group, the Boy Scouts, as of Friday.

The group for boys ages 11 to 17 will be renamed "Scouts BSA" and will begin allowing girls to join the scouring [sic] organization.
New and different kind
Similarly inclined

I hate to be the grinch here, but seriously this thread reads like a grade 5 class essay...

Here's the deal, from about five till about 25, women develop faster than men in every area. Similar to wild fowl, so the female is ready to reproduce sooner in case a predator kills of most of the flock.

Canada's youth hockey program has experimented with mixed teams in the past and it has been a disaster as women are larger by mass, more intelligent at that point, stronger and quicker thinking. So they gave it up.

Instead of them keeping sleeping bags warm I suspect they will be over powering the boys and making them feel inferior

New and different kind
Similarly inclined

What happens when your business model excludes about half the population and you realize you are cutting off tons of profit?

what's missing?

Well, at a high level, the girl scouts still promote traditional gender roles and feminity above all else. Some of the merit badges are just cringe-worthy. The boys have stuff like canoeing, chemistry, backpacking, astronomy, etc. The girls get pretty fingernails, babysitting, and arranging flowers.

More collateral damage from our overly sensitive PC world.

For something to be called "collateral damage" there has to be, you know, damage.

Well, at a high level, the girl scouts still promote traditional gender roles and feminity above all else. Some of the merit badges are just cringe-worthy. The boys have stuff like canoeing, chemistry, backpacking, astronomy, etc. The girls get pretty fingernails, babysitting, and arranging flowers.

When I was a girl scout, we had rough and tumble girl scout camps and did the same things our male counterparts did. I'm not a girly girl and wouldn't have joined them if that's what girl scouts was about.

So I guess that will be the death of the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts? Yes? For what is the need if all can join and be recognized as "Scouts". Everyone is equal. Girls and boys alike. No special treatment for either gender. On primitive camping scenarios no special bathrooms for either. No special shower facilities for either. No special aids for either. They are now will be recognized as They and Them no more gender separation as in he or she. The death of gender recognition. Marvelous!

Something so innocent to allow boys and girls to gather together in their own gender is no longer allowed. Way to go you political correct morons.

First off, I wanna ask what special girls' bathroom situation you think exists in camping.

Then I'm gonna ask why it is you think boys and girls need to be separated from each other. You use the word "allow," as if segregation was their ****in idea and those meanie adults are stopping them.

So now boys can get these badges to? Or are they removing these categories from girls? Why couldn't they have removed them and add canoeing, camping, backpacking, astronomy to the girls arsenal of badges? Again, why the need to conjoin them?

Tim-

So now boys can get these badges to? Or are they removing these categories from girls? Why couldn't they have removed them and add canoeing, camping, backpacking, astronomy to the girls arsenal of badges? Again, why the need to conjoin them?

Tim-

No, I'm sorry, but people in favor of segregating children are gonna have to tell us why it's so goddamned important.

Back
Top Bottom