• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali dies at 74[W:194]

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The former world heavyweight champion died late on Friday at a hospital in the US city of Phoenix, Arizona, having been admitted on Thursday.
He had been suffering from a respiratory illness, a condition that was complicated by Parkinson's disease.
Ali's funeral will take place in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky, said his family.

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali dies at 74 - BBC News

RIP racist.

He was a great person.

He was a draft dodger, who got rich while thousands of Americans have their lives to protect his freedom.

He was a draft dodger, who got rich while thousands of Americans have their lives to protect his freedom.

He was a great Boxer and was a compassionate man. I admired him.

He was a great Boxer and was a compassionate man. I admired him.

He prospered under a blanket of freedom he was too cowardly to defend.

Yes but I forgive him for it. People grow throughout life. He seemed like a good man to me.

Just how have the Vietnamese affected your daily freedom?

which country attacked you ?

Just how have the Vietnamese affected your daily freedom?

The Vietnam war wasn't the only mission at the time. Our military has been protecting our liberty since 1775. Just because there's no war, or you don't agree with the war doesn't mean that our armed forces aren't protecting our freedom around the clock. Don't cheapen the contribution our servicemen make on a daily basis.

Yes but I forgive him for it. People grow throughout life. He seemed like a good man to me.

He's being treated like a head of state, which is a slap in the face of every service member that ever served.

He's being treated like a head of state, which is a slap in the face of every service member that ever served.

NOTE THE MOD WARNING.

He was a special guy, the charisma was off the charts.

This here is the normal result.

Seriously.

Cheney was classified 4F. Al Gore and Bill Clinton werent, though.

Chumly was classified in the '2' series- student (true butt load of times), not the '4' series- unacceptable.

Al Gore did serve.

Might wanna work on your facts there... :peace

The Vietnam war wasn't the only mission at the time. Our military has been protecting our liberty since 1775. Just because there's no war, or you don't agree with the war doesn't mean that our armed forces aren't protecting our freedom around the clock. Don't cheapen the contribution our servicemen make on a daily basis.

I was in the military during the Viet Nam Conflict ( we never declared war on Vietnam).

I think Ali brought up a legit question when he asked what had the Vietnamese people ever done to him. He didn't run to Canada he took his punishment which is far better than all the politicians who pushed through this little college deferment so their kids wouldn't have to fight. I'll take Ali any day over a draft dodger like Cheney.

Cheney was classified 4F. Al Gore and Bill Clinton werent, though.

Is that like super chicken hawk? He sure can shoot his friends in the face. Great at hunting as long as the birds have their wings clipped and stopped by a wire fence. What a sportsman. I guess its better than Limbaughs anal cysts or Buchanan's bad knees even though he was an avid jogger. Clinton at least was anti war and was plenty grilled for skipping Vietnam. The difference with the repuke chickenhawks is that they love war as long as its carried out by others.

Lets get back to talking about a man who can be an inspiration to many people-white and black, poor and rich, powerful and oppressed, Ali is someone all should celebrate as what is good about this country.

Nope - Do you understand the term conscientious objector?

Lets get back to talking about a man who can be an inspiration to many people-white and black, poor and rich, powerful and oppressed, Ali is someone all should celebrate as what is good about this country.

Yes Sir.

I agree completely.

I loved that faith he had in himself, in is mind, is ability to learn, in his ability to win if he did the work.

Nope - Do you understand the term conscientious objector?

Do you understand CO status doesn't exempt one from serving in the military?

I was in the military during the Viet Nam Conflict ( we never declared war on Vietnam).

I think Ali brought up a legit question when he asked what had the Vietnamese people ever done to him. He didn't run to Canada he took his punishment which is far better than all the politicians who pushed through this little college deferment so their kids wouldn't have to fight. I'll take Ali any day over a draft dodger like Cheney.

It's a good thing no one ask what Germany did to them in 1941.

Do you understand CO status doesn't exempt one from serving in the military?

The Draft was a war crime. Ali was right to oppose it and our government was criminal to prosecute him

Chumly was classified in the '2' series- student (true butt load of times), not the '4' series- unacceptable.

Al Gore did serve.

Might wanna work on your facts there... :peace

Gore was in the national guard and made sure he stayed stateside.

Back
Top Bottom