• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boulder Gun Owners Defiant Of Assault Weapon Ban

If you hadn't played the 2nd Amendment card in the OP and claiming "common goals" then I wouldn't be talking to you as I am.

Because you have no room in your little boxed in world, to understand not everyone who supports the 2nd is a conservative. You obviously did not even bother to read the article...

Here’s something for the anti-gun Left to consider. When you have wide-spread defiance in someplace like the People’s Republic of Boulder on a gun control law, you may want to check your assumptions about your constituents sharing your anti-gun views. I suspect quite a few Boulder residents with “Coexist” stickers on their Prius’s also have “Molon Labe” stickers on their gun safes. - https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/...45LCsz3-uCmtL5rSvv2VGyr9DkeeGbVx3bDYJ866k_ito

But you have yet to provide a satisfactory explanation to my core concern which I have already made very clear. Whether you want to provide that explanation will be up to you.

Satisfactory to you. I don't care about YOUR concern at all. I answered your question and you don't like my answer because you want to put me into your little box to fit your world view. No. :mrgreen:

Yet you don’t see where cherry picking certain laws will end up. Fascinating.

Yes because starting threads about certain things even laws here at DP actually means we talk about things that are completely unrelated. /sarcasm :roll:

Tired of these moronic posts.

Ooh. A background check and a $20 processing fee. Yeah, that's the right hill to die on.
That's the garbage they peddle. "or apply for a certificate with the Boulder Police Department, a process that includes a firearm inspection, background check and $20 fee" and you can bet that everything underlined has a fee attached. The $20.00 probably goes in the mayors pocket. Plus they know where the guns are.

You live in South Florida. Why exactly would you care what a municipality over a thousand miles away does? I thought you guys were all about local control.
Well that's what happens when you "thought" but should have been thinking. In other words what goes down one place and and people let slide goes down elsewhere.

So who exactly is going to physically confiscate the guns ?

Police and military :thinking I thought those where all your buddies.

[FONT=&]The city of Boulder, Colorado thought it was going to make a firm stand against so-called assault weapons. It passed a controversial law that banned them inside the city.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
Take that, gun owners![/FONT]

[FONT=&]
Well, it seems that there are a lot of people in Boulder who aren’t remotely interested in rolling over and playing dead in the face of a tyrannical local government. Instead, they’re hoisting their middle fingers in a universally understood gesture of defiance. Metaphorically.[/FONT]
[FONT=&] - [/FONT]https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/...45LCsz3-uCmtL5rSvv2VGyr9DkeeGbVx3bDYJ866k_ito

I am standing with them. No more. Not one more law.

I refuse to give up anything I own legally because it is guaranteed by the 2nd amendment. I will no longer stand by and let these untrained, limited experience douchebags take or register my property.

No matter where I live, I have drawn a line in the sand and stand with the gun owners of Boulder. In defiance of this disarming of honest citizens I will stand. We will no longer stand by and let these morons take weapons from law abiding legal gun owners.

I live in Colorado. Believe me, I know how stupid, idiotic...even downright hypocritical and duplicitous...Colorado liberals, especially in Boulder, can be. But this ordnance is exceedingly transparent.

1. This ordnance bans assault weapons in the city.

yet,

2. It allows for assault weapons to be kept in the city.

Current owners were given until the end of the year to choose one of two options: Get rid of their semiautomatics by moving them out of town, disabling them, or turning them over to police — or apply for a certificate with the Boulder Police Department, a process that includes a firearm inspection, background check and $20 fee.

So what's this all about? Is it about banning these firearms? Or is it about the city building a registry of those firearms in the city? If they want to ban the weapons, then just ban them. If they want a registry, then just require everyone to register their weapons. There's no need for this "multiple personality" kind of action.

However, as the article states, gun-loving Democrats in Boulder will just ignore this ordnance.

I live in Colorado. Believe me, I know how stupid, idiotic...even downright hypocritical and duplicitous...Colorado liberals, especially in Boulder, can be. But this ordnance is exceedingly transparent.

1. This ordnance bans assault weapons in the city.

yet,

2. It allows for assault weapons to be kept in the city.

So what's this all about? Is it about banning these firearms? Or is it about the city building a registry of those firearms in the city? If they want to ban the weapons, then just ban them. If they want a registry, then just require everyone to register their weapons. There's no need for this "multiple personality" kind of action.

However, as the article states, gun-loving Democrats in Boulder will just ignore this ordnance.

It is bad news no matter how you look at it. This can't be allowed to go unchallenged.

Agree with you 100%.

Police and military :thinking I thought those where all your buddies.

I would assume police. No one however has said anyone will be physically taking anything.

Your hyperbole is noted, and dismissed as childish nonsense.

That doesn't answer my question. Say that Boulder, Colorado wants to do something else that you don't like. As long as those changes don't make it down your way, what exactly is it to you? Why is it so hard for you to just let Boulder be Boulder?

Boulder is about 30 miles from me, and CO is about to have a completely Democratic state government for the first time in a while. If the idiots in Denver try to impose the same type of law statewide, and I'm looking at you, Rapsheet Rhonda, they'll see the same level of civil disobedience statewide.

The Boulder city council passed the law in violation of both Chicago v McDonald and the Colorado state preemption law. It's pure security theater.

Seems like my simple answers confuse you. Let me make it even clearer for you then: If you don't support local control, then you are going back on one of the core principles of conservatism. Maybe you're a bigger fan of federal control than you want to admit?

The law violates both national law and state law. Local control means nothing in those circumstances.

[FONT=&]The city of Boulder, Colorado thought it was going to make a firm stand against so-called assault weapons. It passed a controversial law that banned them inside the city.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]

[FONT=&]
Well, it seems that there are a lot of people in Boulder who aren’t remotely interested in rolling over and playing dead in the face of a tyrannical local government. Instead, they’re hoisting their middle fingers in a universally understood gesture of defiance. Metaphorically.[/FONT]
[FONT=&] - [/FONT]https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/...45LCsz3-uCmtL5rSvv2VGyr9DkeeGbVx3bDYJ866k_ito

I refuse to give up anything I own legally because it is guaranteed by the 2nd amendment. I will no longer stand by and let these untrained, limited experience douchebags take or register my property.

No matter where I live, I have drawn a line in the sand and stand with the gun owners of Boulder. In defiance of this disarming of honest citizens I will stand. We will no longer stand by and let these morons take weapons from law abiding legal gun owners.

Well I'm glad to hear that I stand with you Colorado.

To be a little more reasonable I'm okay with laws as long as that make sense. Banning assault weapons is profoundly stupid as they are finding out.

Just 500 people with their AR-15 and Ak 47s would probably be enough to keep the police in their place. That's assuming the police would enforce this law in the first place and having worked on a police, I don't think that would happen.

I would have ripped my badge off over that.

Laws that punish only the law-abiding are stupid. Laws that would focus on law enforcement agencies reporting criminals to the nics database I would absolutely support that that's common sense.

........I am standing with them. No more. Not one more law.

I am not really a conservative. Just because I support the Constitution and 2nd amendment rights does not make me other than a concerned citizen. It does have an effect on me. You are playing this ignorant game like laws being passed in places have no effect on others. You know that's a big lie. So please I'd rather you did not play this silly partisan game.

Common interest and goals. Yes they ARE trying to take their weapons. Most semi automatic rifle, pistol and shotgun. So please feel free to blow smoke up someone else's but.

Police and military I thought those where all your buddies.

I would assume police. No one however has said anyone will be physically taking anything.

Your hyperbole is noted, and dismissed as childish nonsense.

Glad we cleared that up, one other question, do you lie alot ? :thinking

[FONT=&]

[FONT=&]

Something kind of funny struck me when I was replying to another poster, and I wanted to share.

I suppose this is absolute proof that gun bans don't work. Lol

I don't live there. We however just got an assault weapons ban taken down here in Florida after the last school shooting. I would not and have decided in no way am I giving up any of my property or privacy, ever. No matter the cost.

I will remain true to myself and what I believe.

Damn right if they want to take our rights it's going to be hard. Our rights were hard-won.

Glad we cleared that up, one other question, do you lie alot ? :thinking

I don't "lie" at all. If I did please feel free to point it out so I can indeed make your senseless post even moreso.

That doesn't answer my question. Say that Boulder, Colorado wants to do something else that you don't like. As long as those changes don't make it down your way, what exactly is it to you? Why is it so hard for you to just let Boulder be Boulder?

If the city of Indianapolis decides to implement gay conversion therapy for homosexuals attending public School what would you care? I mean they're not you so **** em right?

I am not really a conservative. Just because I support the Constitution and 2nd amendment rights does not make me other than a concerned citizen. It does have an effect on me. You are playing this ignorant game like laws being passed in places have no effect on others. You know that's a big lie. So please I'd rather you did not play this silly partisan game.

Common interest and goals. Yes they ARE trying to take their weapons. Most semi automatic rifle, pistol and shotgun. So please feel free to blow smoke up someone else's but.

I would have told them with regard to who gets rights I'm liberal. All capable and competent citizens should have every right in every state.

I would say that's more of a libertarian view.

I would have told them with regard to who gets rights I'm liberal. All capable and competent citizens should have every right in every state.

I would say that's more of a libertarian view.

Yea. Everytime I take the darn political tests I get left libertarian. I don't think they take into account my fiscal conservatism.

Yea. Everytime I take the darn political tests I get left libertarian. I don't think they take into account my fiscal conservatism.

Some of those tests only focus on social stuff. But one of the things I try to do here it's not worry so much about labels. On certain things I agree a lot with conservatives on others I agree with Democrats sometimes I agree with libertarians.

I think it's a good thing when you can't find a label that fits you exactly. It means you're intelligent and you don't adhere to labels.

Some of those tests only focus on social stuff. But one of the things I try to do here it's not worry so much about labels. On certain things I agree a lot with conservatives on others I agree with Democrats sometimes I agree with libertarians.

I think it's a good thing when you can't find a label that fits you exactly. It means you're intelligent and you don't adhere to labels.

We are starting to get off topic, but yes you are absolutely correct. Most of us are someplace in the middle.

OK enough about that as again I agree.

This thread is about the encroaching gun laws like the unconstitutional laws now in Boulder. Ain't havin it!

Well to be fair Boulder was doing the cherry picking. As I understand it the Constitution the applies to all citizens even ones that live under the boulder regime.

That's the garbage they peddle. "or apply for a certificate with the Boulder Police Department, a process that includes a firearm inspection, background check and $20 fee" and you can bet that everything underlined has a fee attached. The $20.00 probably goes in the mayors pocket. Plus they know where the guns are.

Yeah that seems kind of fishy to me. Sort of a backdoor way to create a registry.

Back
Top Bottom