• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bought a MAGA cap

Absurd, with the exception of Bill and Hill's early life, the rest grew up in wealth and luxury but they didn't live in a self-constructed Truman Show.
The Gores, Kennedys and the Boxers were rich, but I went to school with the two sons of a Congressman (interestingly enough, last name of King, but not Iowa's Steve King) at a public school in Kensington MD, and also went to school with Senator Matsunaga's (Hawaii) kids.

Kennedy, by the way, John Fitzgerald...swallowed gasoline in the Pacific while rescuing fellow sailors and struggling with a broken back, after his PT boat was cut in half by a colliding Japanese destroyer. (PT-109)
I figure you might remember that with a bit of prodding.

You're attempting to cast liberals as somehow engaged in a battle against wealthy Republicans on some kind of imaginary "class warfare" grounds solely due to their political associations by trying to pick off what you believe would be suitable Democratic targets, whereas I am simply pointing out that Donald Trump's entire worldview during his entire LIFE has been a carefully shielded illusion.

...but they didn't live in a self-constructed Truman Show.

Nice!

Enough with this both sides nonsense. it's bull**** and you know it. Far more right winger lie, post dumb one liners, deflect, than liberals. Becuase liberals have facts on their side, can actually point to reasons for their position. Unlike most cons, who make up a fictitious opponent and argue that

Only bull**** I see is one side claiming the other side lies more. There isn’t a squirrels fart of honesty between either party. But if breaking from reality helps you sleep at night it’s okay you’re not harming anything but your integrity

Disagree-she spews hate and tries to create fear against certain groups-just as Trump has.
"the racist dick" nonsense is a recent creation -Trump has been in the public eye for decades and I don't recall anyone calling him a racist. Indeed, a friend of mine-who was attending what was once one of the big pro archery events in the USA-the Atlantic City Classic-was staying in a Trump hotel and because he was in one of the less popular divisions, he and a friend had to shoot the Sunday early morning line. As they were leaving the building-perhaps in the elevator-they ran into Donald Trump-with-as my friend noted-two of the best looking black hookers he had ever seen. As my friend recalled, the other archer noted-well at least he's not a racist

LOL.

Creates ‘hate and fear’ by suggesting that maybe...just MAYBE, we might need to control who has firearms in our society a little bit more.

Yeah.

That’s really comparable.

Sorry that is present day America...You wear offensive , bigoted clothing the reaction will not turn out well....Best leave it at home...You've been warned

If you see inanimate objects as having feelings, opinions, or emotions, and especially if they start speaking to you, you may need to visit the nearest mhmr asap.

LOL.

Creates ‘hate and fear’ by suggesting that maybe...just MAYBE, we might need to control who has firearms in our society a little bit more.

Yeah.

That’s really comparable.

I don't recall mentioning firearms but Hillary clearly hates gun rights advocates and pretends her schemes to harass them, will somehow stop those who already are banned from owning guns, from harming others.

Why don't you tell us who else should not be able to own firearms in addition to the groups specified at 18 USC 922. I'd like to see how disrespectful of constitutional rights, Hillary's fans are

If you see inanimate objects as having feelings, opinions, or emotions, and especially if they start speaking to you, you may need to visit the nearest mhmr asap.

it is frightening how many people actually support violence against people who wear political slogans (slogans that don't suggest hate or insult groups) that these haters disapprove of.

LOL, shut up punk, eat a another Twinkie and let the adults run things.. :lamo

Tim-

he has a right to spew the nonsense he does. Besides, I like reading his posts-he's actually not hiding his true beliefs. I give him credit for that, even if I don't support-in any way-his views

he has a right to spew the nonsense he does. Besides, I like reading his posts-he's actually not hiding his true beliefs. I give him credit for that, even if I don't support-in any way-his views

I suppose that's true.. :)

Tim-

Good thing you don't work for the BBC.

Trump supporter goes off on BBC camera op - "**** the media!!"

As soon as people like you take a single bad act by a single individual as typical of the whole, there can be no honesty in the discussion. Do all people on the left approve of a "pigs in a blanket, fry like bacon" chant or sniping at police officers from a rooftop? Do all people on the left take a rifle to a baseball practice to assassinate Republicans? Do all people on the left emulate Farrakhan in his anti-semitic diatribes? Wouldn't you object if everybody on the left was judged by the actions of those few?

So why can't you see how absurd, cruel, unhelpful, even evil it is to judge all people on the right by the bad acts of one or two or a few?

it is frightening how many people actually support violence against people who wear political slogans (slogans that don't suggest hate or insult groups) that these haters disapprove of.

From a psychiatric perspective there is quite a bit of projection and transference going on. It is a special type of lie where the victim is blamed for what the oppressor has in fact done..."You triggered me."

The hate they espouse to hate is of course present in themselves and likely the only place in the vicinity. We see this clearly in the recent Lincoln memorial fiasco that turned out to be a load of lies purported by a cabal of activists and media acting in concert to deceive.

As if some other person or object is "controlling them" and therefore abdicating themselves of responsibility for their own behavior.

This happens often in domestic assault and whatnot.

The real monster is not actually external but internal to many.

In the past many had a sense of a moral compass and a unified goal. This is lost on some in the more recent generations of "me, me, and of course me."

Do what you want when you want...

This of course will end up badly for the individual more likely than not.

"The devil made me do it" wont play well with a judge of any integrity.

It is too bad that at that point the damage is done and someone could have been hurt or worse.

I was talking about Ted Kennedy. JFK was a war hero and probably should have received the Navy Cross for what he did.

When did President Ted Kennedy serve in the Oval Office?
Maybe I was asleep during that.

When did President Ted Kennedy serve in the Oval Office?
Maybe I was asleep during that.

you probably slept through the fact that he was a contender for the presidency and lost the nomination to Jimmy Carter. If you recall I mentioned people like Dole as well

These MAGA Hat types look unhinged...I'd urge the members of the press to arm themselves and shoot any fat assed trump nut that assaults them

Trust me, you wouldn't believe how many news camera guys would love to arm themselves but it's difficult to do so AND to do one's job at the same time. It is not impossible, as many combat photographers will attest but that means you've just turned the entire area into a war theater. Hmmmm....not the most desirable environment.

However all that having been said, we might just see the day where armed security has to be hired to protect journalists.
Most likely it might be a pooled service used by all mainstream outlets. But I don't think even that idea is very workable.
I cannot imagine any outfit wanting that job, it would expose them to a ton of litigation.

The better solution is for politicians TO STOP TRYING TO TRANSFORM THEIR AUDIENCES INTO PACKS OF RAVING LUNATICS.

Owl keeps primping her feathers and smugly announcing that her side is morally pure. Yeah, right.
I cannot recall a liberal politician asking their constituency to attack journalists as "the enemy of the people".
Sorry, but that is straight out of the Third Reich playbook and our feathered friend can deny it all she wants.

Even Godwin himself agrees.

So why can't you see how absurd, cruel, unhelpful, even evil it is to judge all people on the right by the bad acts of one or two or a few?

I think I found the reason...definitely the source of the problem anyway.
It's a good thing we don't judge all OWLS by the actions of a few.

Owl YOU.jpg

you probably slept through the fact that he was a contender for the presidency and lost the nomination to Jimmy Carter. If you recall I mentioned people like Dole as well

No I was wide awake for that one. I choose to snooze through your ham handed attempt to widen the playing field outside the Oval Office, because the thread is about MAGA hats, which apply to presidents.

But go ahead, maybe we could even expand it to include the Postmaster General.

No I was wide awake for that one. I choose to snooze through your ham handed attempt to widen the playing field outside the Oval Office, because the thread is about MAGA hats, which apply to presidents.

But go ahead, maybe we could even expand it to include the Postmaster General.

why didn't you complain before?

The same as somebody wearing a KKK symbol or a Nazi Swastika.....This is trump's America 2019...Deal with it

"Deal with it" in a post suggests that the writer is a scrawny 14 year old with a mental age 2 or 3 years below that. The threats of violence from the safety of a keyboard reinforces this supposition.

And when you attack the messenger because you can't refute the message, you pretty much demonstrate that you've got nuthin'.

You're not a messenger, you're an author, a propagandist.

Except big different. Hillary doesn't stand for hate and fear, racism, like Trump,a nd what the MAGA hat that is embraced by white nationalists and is representative of Trumps racist policies.

cons just hate hillary because sh'es a dem. liberals hate Trump because he's such a racist dick. NO way is it even comparable.

Right. But my point was that these people initially assumed that the hat had some Left leaning slogan, and we're reacting negatively. In other words, I was trying to convey that those on the Right get provoked by such things too.

Frightening but not surprising. After all of the rioting mobs (and yes, I mean "riot" and "mob") we saw right after the election, I'm no longer surprised by lengths to which the left will go to enforce their message of "inclusion" and "tolerance" by the threat of force.

The current tactic seems to be trying to beat peace, love, and understanding into you until it sticks. All in all, a very peaceful, loving, and understanding approach...

At a local large vendor's market, I bought a MAGA cap which I will wear when not on duty and not with my younger children to avoid risk to them.

Why? Some on the leftwing justify and essentially advocate harassing anyone wearing one. For the Catholic kid wearing a MAGA cap, well over a dozen Democrats on this forum openly declared that teenager should have been violently assaulted or "liked" messages by fellow Democrats calling for him to be beat up and kicked. I'm interested to see if anyone harasses me.

I also bought a cap that reads "Build The Wall."

Think I'm going to be attacked?

Noooo...why would anyone want to attack someone who openly displays symbols of division and hated ?

Did you get a Confederate flag while you were shopping ?

Stopped wearing the MAGA cap. It was not because of any harassment. There was absolutely none. Rather, Trump supporters wanting to talk about how great Trump is or how rotten Democrats are, so getting stuck in mini-political conversations with strangers - which became tiresome.

I will not say that represents the norm as this is very much Trump country. When in other areas, like Tampa, we were in more civilized locations for which even if someone doesn't like it they are going to act crudely about it.

Anyway, that is the result of my experience.

Back
Top Bottom