• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bought a MAGA cap

This thread shows exactly what Liberals are.

It is unfortunate that you don't use the dictionary. Maybe picking a word that actually reflects your position rather then showcasing the fact that the Trump media has somehow changed the definition of a word and you ran with it because...well because it validated your biases, so required no further research.

What else did they convince you of?

If your goal is to lure the crazies out of society and into the open I wish U godspeed in your endeavors. May you find all the crazies. *does 5 Hail Marrys*

Youll probably just get your tires popped when U arent there to guard ur car though. Or have your car keyed.

Is this an acceptable response to wearing a hat with a slogan of which you don't approve?

Notice how Leftists consistantly exhibit that character flaw?

The same character flaw that conservatives showed when they attack Hindus as Muslim terroists? Assholes with character flaws come in all shapes sizes and political leanings

Regardless their ***** grabbing habits that does not answer why they would have closets full of MAGA hats?

To get the certificate

No, but you'll probably get the attention you're looking for, of the 1st A variety. So it will be a good lesson in the 1st A, and your respect for it and your patience with your fellow citizens. I suspect some attention will be negative, but some will also be positive - from your fellow Trumpers who may be dressed incognito.

I think you're over-reactive, by not wearing it in public when with your kids.

Should make for some interesting interactions with restaurant wait-staff, bussers, and cooks though!

Internet reflects RL, or vice versa?

That you seem to fail to understand my question does not make it an insult to anyone nor does it make it a non sequitur.

No, Lou. Your reply to my post was a non sequitur. I posted "What boggles my mind is that anybody would lose control over a hat or t-shirt. ...But seriously, should a list be prepared so that we all will know what is acceptable? Should those who wear a Patriots cap expect an ass-beating? What about the Saints? I already know that red is bad, very bad, but what about teal?"

Rather than respond to any of my rhetorical questions, you chose to make a stupid personal response that had nothing to do with what I asked. But that's okay; I like it when folks reveal more than they intended about themselves. ;)

Depends on where you go. I wouldn't wear an Obama hat in a trailer park in Kentucky. I don't recommend you walk around with your MAGA hat in the ghettos of Chicago.

You have only yourself to blame if something awful happens. I believe its your right to wear it and I wouldn't bother you. But others may not think the same way I do.

And a lot of people will just think you're an idiot. Who walks around with political labels knowing politics are controversial?
Yeah, I agree. The reactions (if any) will likely be geographically/demographically dependent.

Those guys old enough to wear their "freak flags" proudly during the 'Nam era, know exactly what I'm talking about. Charlie Daniels describes it well, in "Uneasy Rider"!

This thread proves how Liberals oppose freedom and liberty.

it just proves, yet again, how incredibly dumb, pathetic and complete dicks right wingers are.

it just proves, yet again, how incredibly dumb, pathetic and complete dicks right wingers are.

For excercising one's freedom of expression?

Only a Liberal would say that. :lamo

Yeah, I agree. The reactions (if any) will likely be geographically/demographically dependent.

Those guys old enough to wear their "freak flags" proudly during the 'Nam era, know exactly what I'm talking about. Charlie Daniels describes it well, in "Uneasy Rider"!

“...........LA via Omaha!”

The same character flaw that conservatives showed when they attack Hindus as Muslim terroists? Assholes with character flaws come in all shapes sizes and political leanings

You got a link to that thread?

At a local large vendor's market, I bought a MAGA cap which I will wear when not on duty and not with my younger children to avoid risk to them.

Why? Some on the leftwing justify and essentially advocate harassing anyone wearing one. For the Catholic kid wearing a MAGA cap, well over a dozen Democrats on this forum openly declared that teenager should have been violently assaulted or "liked" messages by fellow Democrats calling for him to be beat up and kicked. I'm interested to see if anyone harasses me.

I also bought a cap that reads "Build The Wall."

Think I'm going to be attacked?

Clearly, that's what you're hoping for. The irony of your concern about left wing violence is that violence is done much better by righties and always has.

If you only want to announce to the world that you think America isn't great and that you blame the poor for being an imposition, just get a hat with the Russian flag. It really says brutal fascist better than either of the dunce covers you mentioned.

This thread shows yet again both sides have a fair share of dumb, pathetic dicks

No, Lou. Your reply to my post was a non sequitur. I posted "What boggles my mind is that anybody would lose control over a hat or t-shirt. ...But seriously, should a list be prepared so that we all will know what is acceptable? Should those who wear a Patriots cap expect an ass-beating? What about the Saints? I already know that red is bad, very bad, but what about teal?"

Rather than respond to any of my rhetorical questions, you chose to make a stupid personal response that had nothing to do with what I asked. But that's okay; I like it when folks reveal more than they intended about themselves. ;)

It was not "non sequitur".

Any scholar of history, even a rank amateur, would not have their mind boggled at how humankind has historically, and still reacts to an artifice of clothing that identifies them as a member of a certain group, when that person or persons are seen-encountered by members of an opposing group.

Seriously!

Do you think such behavior has been eliminated and or eradicated from our collective psyche?

By the way, you can ask my wife and son about that specifically, because that IS the only thing I ever do when I see someone wearing a MAGA hat. I wish to GOD I'd recorded some video of it a couple of weeks ago.
The guy was on the corner of Florence and Studebaker, with his MAGA hat and a bunch of Trump 2020 signs, and I was stuck in the left turn lane waiting for the light.

I rolled down the window and just started pointing and laughing insanely as loud as I could and I kept it up till the arrow turned green.
And guess what? The guy tried to attack US! He couldn't get across the street due to traffic but he sure was trying to, so instead he was hurling his drink at us, screaming at us intelligibly and jumping up and down waving his fists and demanding I get out and come over there.

I just kept laughing.

We went to the Smart and Final down the street and we were there for twenty minutes, maybe 30.
On our way back, we noticed he was GONE.

If I ever see him again, or another one, I WILL shoot video, I promise.

PS: Other drivers were snickering too, and honked and waved at us, and doing thumbs ups.

But did you sneer at him?

I don't expect any problems actually. I/we had no problems during the election, no problems with our vehicles with Trump stickers - now a Trump 2020 sticker - nor signs on our property. However, I don't put on any of the sneering car stickers either. On my trucks (2) I have these stickers:

All Lives Matter
4 inch circles for each of the the branches of the miltary each - plus Coast Guard
A slightly larger sticker that says support our troops
A small American flag
And on one a smiling frog face and a dancing frog with cane and top hat (we call that truck "the frog")

I think everything will be fine wearing the cap, but I can speculate of some communities where maybe not.

But did you sneer at him?

???
I said that I pointed at him and laughed.

Sneering is laughing, pretty much the same thing at that distance, wouldn't you agree?
Is there a reason why you're looking for "sneering" instead of laughing?

Are you asking if I am skilled at doing an impersonation of your avatar?
Actually, I do a pretty good approximation, I do a pretty decent "JOKE-O".

It goes both ways.

I wore a blue cap to a bagel shop in a conservative town, and one couple gave me the evil eye until they saw that it said "Clearwater, FL", and not "Hillary for Prez."

Not sure why anyone would want to intentionally draw negative attention to themselves, but I suppose it takes all kinds.

Back
Top Bottom