• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boston Police Captain's Son Indicted on Terror Charge in Bomb Plot

You've made one crucial error in your thinking Mal, which is that you don't realize that Islam is the deciding factor of whether many people decide to become killers or not.

If we're talking about lunatics who were raised in an Islamic culture, yeah. But in the case of Western-raised people, I doubt the sincerity of their conversion and suspect it's just an act of rebellion at best and a justification for their psychopathy at worst.

Alexander Ciccolo was an environmental activist before converting to Islam. Why did he not try to commit terror attacks in the name of radical environmentalism, if he was loony? Some people have done it before.

It took Islam to turn Ciccolo into a potential mass murderer.

Who knows how his mind worked? Maybe the progression of his mental isllness is what moved him from environmental activism to radical Islam. In the case of these radicalized Westerners, I suspect they're bringing their lunacy to Islam, not getting it there.

Oh, you can book it. It's going to happen.

Weak-minded, uneducated, brainwashed amped-up nobodies looking for attention and a club to join. That's the definition of a wannabe terrorist.

Oh, and hear I thought you were talking about Trumpettes.

I wonder about the upbringing in such cases, but It's lousy for the families.

It is hard to tell without further information. You can do absolutely everything right as a parent and your kid can still turn out bad.

If we're talking about lunatics who were raised in an Islamic culture, yeah. But in the case of Western-raised people, I doubt the sincerity of their conversion and suspect it's just an act of rebellion at best and a justification for their psychopathy at worst.

Who knows how his mind worked? Maybe the progression of his mental isllness is what moved him from environmental activism to radical Islam. In the case of these radicalized Westerners, I suspect they're bringing their lunacy to Islam, not getting it there.

20 more are dead in Bangladesh, including a student from Cal State Berkeley, 9 Italians, and 7 Japanese.

Islam is poisoning the minds of people around the globe. It should surprise no one that some Americans will fall under the influence of this dangerous religion and seek to do violence. Its a global problem now .

whats up with all the white christian kids joining ISIS lately?

Always remember...innocent until proven guilty.

Not the other way around.

whats up with all the white christian kids joining ISIS lately?

The glamour of being a "rebel with a cause," the reality that social promotions fail, the reality that not everybody can hit it as far as Tiger, the belief that tattoos make you "bad," the sad awakening that not everybody can be a football hero and get along with a beautiful girl. Stupid parents are raising stupid kids. The boy probably got a trophy when he was playing T-Ball just for showing up. Then the truth set in. Truth sucks. Truth hurts. Some people just "can't handle the truth."

Always remember...innocent until proven guilty.

Not the other way around.

That's a rather old-fashioned principle, don't you think?

The days of Habeas Corpus are long gone, thanks to the GWOT.

I would rather pay for his therapy. And keep it off the record. Poor guy is going to be asking where he went wrong for the rest of his life.

better to be asking where he went wrong for the rest of his life knowing that he removed the opportunity to murder innocents than have to deal with knowing you had prior knowledge that your kid had gone off the rails and now he is responsible for slaughtering 50 people

one can be lived with albeit uncomfortably....the other can not be lived with on any level

Why? Because...Mommy always liked Abel best? But seriously, I think it might have more to do with the son - father relationship...or lack thereof. A caring and interested male mentor seems to be missing in a lot of these young killers backgrounds. Of course, I'm just speculating...but then don't we all? lol

no I think that observation is important

one of the most important factors in kids making it out of situations of abject poverty is mentoring

That's a rather old-fashioned principle, don't you think?

The days of Habeas Corpus are long gone, thanks to the GWOT.

Yup...the new American government/neocon motto is: torture first, ask questions later.

The glamour of being a "rebel with a cause," the reality that social promotions fail, the reality that not everybody can hit it as far as Tiger, the belief that tattoos make you "bad," the sad awakening that not everybody can be a football hero and get along with a beautiful girl. Stupid parents are raising stupid kids. The boy probably got a trophy when he was playing T-Ball just for showing up. Then the truth set in. Truth sucks. Truth hurts. Some people just "can't handle the truth."

*sigh*

there's a lot of truth right here

Back
Top Bottom