• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boston Police Captain's Son Indicted on Terror Charge in Bomb Plot

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A police captain's son accused of plotting an attack on a college campus to support the Islamic State group was indicted Thursday on terrorism charges.

Boston police Capt. Robert Ciccolo alerted the FBI after his son, who's 23, said he wanted to join the Islamic State group. Alexander Ciccolo was arrested after he received four guns he ordered from a person cooperating with authorities.The indictment said that Ciccolo, who also used the name Ali Al Amriki, plotted to bomb an unidentified state university outside Massachusetts.
Boston police captain's son indicted on terror charges in bomb plot - Chicago Tribune

A Boston Police Captain had to turn in his own son after his son converted to Islam and planned to carry out terrorist attacks for Isis.
I've often said that Western converts to Islam will be a rising problem, as kids with no sense of direction are taught that the the United States is evil and that they should feel a sense of guilt for being an American.

Comments? Thoughts?

I feel bad for his father.

The father deserves a medal for some serious courage.

Had to one of the most difficult things he has ever done.

I'd like to buy the man a beer.

Ciccolo has been held without bail since his arrest a year ago. He is schedule to appear in U.S. District Court in Springfield on July 7.​

Pretty old story. I've not heard of it until now though.

Cicollo sounds Italian. So is it safe to assume the son is not a Muslim? Did he attend any mosques? Did he have any contact with Islamic terrorist organizations? Other than looking and talking the part of a terrorist wannabe...for attention most likely....is it safe to assume that he self radicalized and got most of his ideas from the media and internet? It seems the last couple of mass killers have referenced the Boston Bombers....almost as if that was the motivating factor for their radicalizing. So what is it about the Boston bombers that some of these young people are attracted to? Is the way the media portrays the events? I dunno, but I think it deserves studying.

Boston police captain's son indicted on terror charges in bomb plot - Chicago Tribune

A Boston Police Captain had to turn in his own son after his son converted to Islam and planned to carry out terrorist attacks for Isis.
I've often said that Western converts to Islam will be a rising problem, as kids with no sense of direction are taught that the the United States is evil and that they should feel a sense of guilt for being an American.

Comments? Thoughts?

Often times cop kids go astray...for a variety of reasons....sometimes because the cops are too rigid or too easy going...it runs the gamut.

So do I.
It's very embarrassing.

Ditto.

Cicollo sounds Italian. So is it safe to assume the son is not a Muslim? Did he attend any mosques? Did he have any contact with Islamic terrorist organizations? Other than looking and talking the part of a terrorist wannabe...for attention most likely....is it safe to assume that he self radicalized and got most of his ideas from the media and internet? It seems the last couple of mass killers have referenced the Boston Bombers....almost as if that was the motivating factor for their radicalizing. So what is it about the Boston bombers that some of these young people are attracted to? Is the way the media portrays the events? I dunno, but I think it deserves studying.

It has been and is being studied.......why does one brother become Cain and another become Able? It's as old as man's existence on earth....and the second biggest story in the first chapter of the Bible....after the breakup of Adam and Eve.

I would rather pay for his therapy. And keep it off the record. Poor guy is going to be asking where he went wrong for the rest of his life.

It has been and is being studied.......why does one brother become Cain and another become Able? It's as old as man's existence on earth....and the second biggest story in the first chapter of the Bible....after the breakup of Adam and Eve.
Why? Because...Mommy always liked Abel best? But seriously, I think it might have more to do with the son - father relationship...or lack thereof. A caring and interested male mentor seems to be missing in a lot of these young killers backgrounds. Of course, I'm just speculating...but then don't we all? lol

Cicollo sounds Italian. So is it safe to assume the son is not a Muslim? Did he attend any mosques? Did he have any contact with Islamic terrorist organizations?
I don't know what being Italian has to do with whether he was a Muslim or not. All one has to do to become Muslim is convert.

Apparently he was in contact with others who shared his views: FBI Special Agent Jeffrey J. Lawrence said in an affidavit filed in US District Court in Springfield last week that Ciccolo told a witness who was cooperating with the FBI that he had discussed his terrorism plans with one other person.
“There was a brother who wanted to be involved a while ago and he has not been responding to my messages,” Ciccolo told the witness, who provided copies of the July 1 online conversation to authorities.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ype-records/L6xN4b7N9dZbKevCoguwmJ/story.html

Other than looking and talking the part of a terrorist wannabe...for attention most likely...is it safe to assume that he self radicalized and got most of his ideas from the media and internet?

From what I can gather, Ciccolo was involved in environmental causes before converting to Islam.

2A81B72300000578-3159720-image-a-1_1436824187309.jpg

At the time of his arrest, he was clean shaven, with short hair and glasses.

AP_70995105569.jpg

I don't think Ciccolo was doing this "for attention". I believe he was serious about killing people; he had made about a dozen molatov cocktails and had a pressure cooker than he was going to use as a bomb, when the FBI raided his residence.

So what is it about the Boston bombers that some of these young people are attracted to? Is the way the media portrays the events? I dunno, but I think it deserves studying.

The one brother who survived the Boston Bombing case had his own fan club of young Muslim women in the United States. The Fan Groups on social media, and idolized him. He was almost a rock star, even appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

rolling_stone_screengrab.jpg

Sadly, many in the liberal media saw this dope as a hero, instead of what he was.

Last edited:
Often times cop kids go astray...for a variety of reasons....sometimes because the cops are too rigid or too easy going...it runs the gamut.

I wouldn't blame the Police Cpt. at all in this situation. We don't know what kind of a father that he was, but his son is responsible for his own actions. I grew up poor, around poor people, and no one I know ever wanted to become a Muslim terrorist. Some of my friends from high school joined gangs and are in prison now, however.

I think this kid had a soft life, looked like he smoked a lot of weed and protested for environmental causes, and then flipped out and wanted to be a jihadist. Reminds me of John Walker Lindh.

Comments? Thoughts?

dont pretend your ancestors and nation never did anything wrong but dont blame people for the past they cant control

Comments? Thoughts?

Who's teaching them?

I expect hundreds of these types will surface from the BLM movement. That organization just smells like terrorism waiting to happen.

Who's teaching them?

School teachers, college professors, liberal activists, Black Lives Matter, and entertainers.

Most kids here listen to rap music, all these guys do is bad mouth America, while they're wearing $1 million dollar gold chains encrusted with diamonds.

dont pretend your ancestors and nation never did anything wrong but dont blame people for the past they cant control

I won't, I also won't pretend that you're ancestors never did anything wrong. And I refuse to wallow in the past mistakes that men who have been dead 150 years made. Dig that.

God preferred Able's sacrifice and rejected Cains. Able was a herder and Cain a farmer and God wanted meat, not grain. That's why Cain killed Able.
Since you're a Biblical scholar, tell me, where'd Cain's wife come from?

I expect hundreds of these types will surface from the BLM movement. That organization just smells like terrorism waiting to happen.

Shocking coming from you. Well, not really.

School teachers, college professors, liberal activists, Black Lives Matter, and entertainers.

Most kids here listen to rap music, all these guys do is bad mouth America, while they're wearing $1 million dollar gold chains encrusted with diamonds.

Ever here the truism about drug addicts that if the drug they're addicted to didn't exist they'd be addicted to something else? Same with these radicalized Westerners. They're loony-tunes, and if the radical Muslim threat didn't exist they wouldn't be any less loony, they'd just be loony about something else.

Ever here the truism about drug addicts that if the drug they're addicted to didn't exist they'd be addicted to something else? Same with these radicalized Westerners. They're loony-tunes, and if the radical Muslim threat didn't exist they wouldn't be any less loony, they'd just be loony about something else.

You've made one crucial error in your thinking Mal, which is that you don't realize that Islam is the deciding factor of whether many people decide to become killers or not.

Alexander Ciccolo was an environmental activist before converting to Islam. Why did he not try to commit terror attacks in the name of radical environmentalism, if he was loony? Some people have done it before.

It took Islam to turn Ciccolo into a potential mass murderer.

Last edited:

Comments? Thoughts?

I cannot help but wonder whether there were personal issues and/or problems between the son and the father.

Was the son attempting to make his father mad by doing this?

Comments? Thoughts?

The father is a good american.....nuff said.

Comments? Thoughts?

Bold move by the Captain. More people need to follow that lead.

I cannot help but wonder whether there were personal issues and/or problems between the son and the father.

Was the son attempting to make his father mad by doing this?

Does it matter?

Does it matter?

Only to the curious does it matter. And if that is the case, I suspect it matters to both father and son.

But you're right--in the larger scheme of things it matters not.

Shocking coming from you. Well, not really.

Oh, you can book it. It's going to happen.

Weak-minded, uneducated, brainwashed amped-up nobodies looking for attention and a club to join. That's the definition of a wannabe terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom