• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boss ‘joked’ about shooting Black people, and worker who complained was fired, feds say

Guy sounds like a nut job. Probably a liberal Democrat
What an out-of-touch remark.

Racism is wrong. Just because there is way more of it in one party than the other doesn't make it right. Just because one party actually employs code-talk racism (fighting CRT, woke, etc) is no justification for assuming a racist is not in that very same party.

The person you addressed did not say conservatives he said MAGA.

See the difference?

Mind you, you also missed my sarcasm so ........
I did not miss your sarcasm, I answered it. Read again.

also that is interesting... I have definitely been called MAGA by MANY progressives on this site.. I am not even a true conservative, more like a classic liberal, but I DO believe in equality for all and the COTUS.

I did not miss your sarcasm, I answered it. Read again.

also that is interesting... I have definitely been called MAGA by MANY progressives on this site.. I am not even a true conservative, more like a classic liberal, but I DO believe in equality for all and the COTUS.
I didnt call you either a conservative nor a MAGA but you suggested someone who made comments about MAGA was equating that to "conservatives." There is a reason we "progressives" use the MAGA term. WE do realize the difference. We also believe if it quacks like a duck it must be a duck.

Racism is unacceptable.
We should be calling it out EVERYWHERE we find it imo SnakeStretcher.

View attachment 67429133
How many times is that now you have dragged out this same picture?? 100th? What is suppose to convey? Intelligence? Whataboutism? I don't have a better answer? I want to point out how evil black people are? Seriously, what is YOUR purpose dragging this ONE picture out every chance you get? Lack of imagination?

Interesting details...

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 10.27.59 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 10.28.09 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 10.28.20 AM.png

Seriously, what is YOUR purpose dragging this ONE picture out every chance you get?

Here are some aspiring young medical students and philanthropists preparing for a lifetime of contributing positively to American society:

BLM riot.jpeg

Here are some aspiring young medical students and philanthropists preparing for a lifetime of contributing positively to American society:

View attachment 67429144
Whataboutism gives a clue to its meaning in its name. It is not merely the changing of a subject to deflect away from an earlier subject as a political strategy; it’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be.

The tactic behind whataboutism has been around for a long time. Rhetoricians generally consider it to be a form of tu quoque, which means "you too" in Latin and involves charging your accuser with whatever it is you've just been accused of rather than refuting the truth of the accusation made against you. Tu quoque is considered to be a logical fallacy, because whether or not the original accuser is likewise guilty of an offense has no bearing on the truth value of the original accusation.

Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about X?”.

Whataboutism gives a clue to its meaning in its name. It is not merely the changing of a subject to deflect away from an earlier subject as a political strategy; it’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be.

The tactic behind whataboutism has been around for a long time. Rhetoricians generally consider it to be a form of tu quoque, which means "you too" in Latin and involves charging your accuser with whatever it is you've just been accused of rather than refuting the truth of the accusation made against you. Tu quoque is considered to be a logical fallacy, because whether or not the original accuser is likewise guilty of an offense has no bearing on the truth value of the original accusation.

Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about X?”.
We don't need a definition of whataboutism. It is common on this forum, and a favorite tool of the left. Post anything remotely critical of Biden, Harris, Clinton, or really anyone on the left, and you will be lucky to get past the third post without 'whatabout Trump!!!!'

We don't need a definition of whataboutism. It is common on this forum, and a favorite tool of the left. Post anything remotely critical of Biden, Harris, Clinton, or really anyone on the left, and you will be lucky to get past the third post without 'whatabout Trump!!!!'
YET......................... you brought up a topic totally unrelated to the story of this thread. :rolleyes:

Does it take a lot for you to posting a picture from twitter without even bothering to add any commentary.
Because that seems like a very large percentage of your posts.
If that is what you think is doing justice to your threads
I would hate to see what is less then that.
1672249906671.png

How many times is that now you have dragged out this same picture?? 100th? What is suppose to convey? Intelligence? Whataboutism? I don't have a better answer? I want to point out how evil black people are? Seriously, what is YOUR purpose dragging this ONE picture out every chance you get? Lack of imagination?
It's probably personal... he does wear disdain of black men on his sleeve.

It's probably personal... he does wear disdain of black men on his sleeve.
Even if he does, you would think he could find another picture that presents the same types of tropes about black people, just to be different :cautious:

A white guy in Oklahoma obsessed with guns and thinks making jokes about killing his black coworker is funny and people really think he might not be a Maga moron? Come on now.

And that is basically the whole discussion.
There are a lot of people upset with the direction the country has been going. People who want this country to be better. A subset of those support Trump, who you could call "MAGA" based on his political slogan.

There are also a small number of racist stupid people.

These groups don't always overlap. Painting them all with the same brush is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom