• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BO's Dismal Record On Terrorism

The problem is that Bush broke it and now we have a responsibility to try and fix it. Letting ISIS fester is not an option.

The ME was broken thousands of years ago. And will continue to be broken until the Second Coming. Nothing anyone does will "fix" the place.

Oh he has too....get real!

Bush could have done it too, if he had a third term.;) It took a long time to find a snitch.

If pig had wings, they would be migratory.

Bush couldn't do it in two terms, Obama did it in one.

the average was 2 per year under bush so I have to conclude your post is really more about having a black in the white house that any reflection of truth.
That was very weak stuff even seven years ago--even weaker now. I have to conclude you are grasping at straws in your frantic attempt to cover B. Hussein Obama's backside.

The moron(Obama) treats terrorism as simply law enforcement issues, just like the previous democrat president(Clinton). They do not even think in terms of terrorism. Just gun control.

One of the first rules in leftism is; destroy the USA and punish people who don't march in lock-step with leftist political ideology.

That's why you see so many quacker doodle lefties here on DP. I mean blame Christians/GOP'ers/guns/NRA/conservatives/ etc instead of the registered dem Islamic terrorist??? Absolutely insane. LMAO

Am I happy the Seals killed Osama? I wouldn't use the word happy, but I am glad he was finally stopped.

You do know that If McCain had won Bin Laden would still be hiding in Pakistan. Obama is the one who made the decision to go after him without informing the Pakistani's, something McCain said he would never do. It took a determined leader to get him and not giving Obama credit is incorrect.

The ME was broken thousands of years ago. And will continue to be broken until the Second Coming. Nothing anyone does will "fix" the place.

LOL So you don't see any change since the Iraq invasion? Things are much worse than they have ever been in our lives for sure. Bush upset the apple cart and he ignored the warnings of the serious consequences of what he did.

the US should not be involved. it's their region, and that means that it's their region to fix. eventually, it's time to cut bait.

i'll be surprised if that doesn't happen. both of the candidates have a lot to prove, and they're both for marching into the quicksand at ramming speed.

it is time to get out of the Middle East.

They are fixing it and we are helping them do it. That is far different than invading and occupying which we agree was disastrous. I believe that Hillary will continue with Obama's policies like she says she will.

You do know that If McCain had won Bin Laden would still be hiding in Pakistan. Obama is the one who made the decision to go after him without informing the Pakistani's, something McCain said he would never do. It took a determined leader to get him and not giving Obama credit is incorrect.

Irrelevant.

LOL So you don't see any change since the Iraq invasion? Things are much worse than they have ever been in our lives for sure. Bush upset the apple cart and he ignored the warnings of the serious consequences of what he did.

Iraq was reasonably stable. Now it is not.

You really are into half truths. McCain is a liberal just like Obama. As for Obama making the decision to go into Pakistan and take out Bin Laden without notifying the Pakistanies, that was just common sense. All Obama did was hold off for several months for fear of bad press if it failed, before finally giving approval for the operation. Fortunately it still turned out well. Former president Jimmuh Carter held off a similar decision in regards to the US embassy hostages in Iran and that ended up in disaster....as decisions delayed for political reasons often do.

Still doesn't answer my question, does that justify BO's dismal record? Tough question, isn't it? BO's record is indeed crappy. I mean anyone who can blame an attack on a gay bar by a registered dem Islamic terrorist, on the NRA and GOP, is not playing with a full deck.

They seem to be disputing that Obama has a "dismal record." Other than the claim the US has suffered a terrorist attack every year of his reign, you have supplied no data, nor, and this is the most important, a record on terror with which to compare. In which case President "Mission Accomplished" needs to be looked at very carefully. In the end I believe an unbiased view would show they both made major mistakes, the greatest being the invasion of Iraq.

You really are into half truths. McCain is a liberal just like Obama. As for Obama making the decision to go into Pakistan and take out Bin Laden without notifying the Pakistanies, that was just common sense. All Obama did was hold off for several months for fear of bad press if it failed, before finally giving approval for the operation. Fortunately it still turned out well. Former president Jimmuh Carter held off a similar decision in regards to the US embassy hostages in Iran and that ended up in disaster....as decisions delayed for political reasons often do.

He held off so it would be closer to the election cycle. Have you not seen the piece where the phrases they used were written months before the raid?

It's as if you approve Obama's action on the matter.

Perhaps you should edit your post before it's too late.

They seem to be disputing that Obama has a "dismal record." Other than the claim the US has suffered a terrorist attack every year of his reign, you have supplied no data, nor, and this is the most important, a record on terror with which to compare. In which case President "Mission Accomplished" needs to be looked at very carefully. In the end I believe an unbiased view would show they both made major mistakes, the greatest being the invasion of Iraq.

The web contains all the evidence. Feel free to have a look.

the average was 2 per year under bush so I have to conclude your post is really more about having a black in the white house that any reflection of truth.

The immediate race baiting reaction is typical and pretty disgusting IMO. The liberals hated GW Bush because he was white? This is the type of stuff that turned me away from the democratic party a number of years ago.

The immediate race baiting reaction is typical and pretty disgusting IMO. The liberals hated GW Bush because he was white? This is the type of stuff that turned me away from the democratic party a number of years ago.

race baiting? you got to be kidding.

Still doesn't answer my question, does that justify BO's dismal record? Tough question, isn't it? BO's record is indeed crappy. I mean anyone who can blame an attack on a gay bar by a registered dem Islamic terrorist, on the NRA and GOP, is not playing with a full deck.

trying to say he has a dismal record has to make an adult think you are some sort of america hater.

He held off so it would be closer to the election cycle. Have you not seen the piece where the phrases they used were written months before the raid?

Yep that would certainly be a political reason.

the liberals hated bush because he was the worst president in our history, had nothing to do with color. You were never a democrat were you.

It's as if you approve Obama's action on the matter.

Perhaps you should edit your post before it's too late.

I approve of the action of going into Pakistan and taking out Osama Bin Laden. I simply refuse to give Obama thelions share of the credit for it. And I don't think holding off on the decision to approve the operation was wise.

I approve of the action of going into Pakistan and taking out Osama Bin Laden. I simply refuse to give Obama thelions share of the credit for it. And I don't think holding off on the decision to approve the operation was wise.

Fair enough.

I don't think Obama deserves the lion's share, either. He just deserves credit for taking the action despite the risks involved.

Obama put a lot on the line, but he didn't have to face death like our Seals did.

Fair enough.

I don't think Obama deserves the lion's share, either. He just deserves credit for taking the action despite the risks involved.

Obama put a lot on the line, but he didn't have to face death like our Seals did.

The risks of not approving the raid were actually greater, which is likely why he eventually approved it.I give the Seals most of that credit. They took the lethal risk. I also give one CIA agent who refused to give up on the hunt for OBL alot of credit.

The risks of not approving the raid were actually greater, which is likely why he eventually approved it.I give the Seals most of that credit. They took the lethal risk. I also give one CIA agent who refused to give up on the hunt for OBL alot of credit.

So Obama made a profitable political decision, and you have a problem with it. Can't say I'm surprised.

What if the raid had gone awry? That was a risk of making the decision.

So Obama made a profitable political decision, and you have a problem with it. Can't say I'm surprised.

What if the raid had gone awry? That was a risk of making the decision.

Ofcourse there is always a risk. However the decision in such a life and death matter should not be politically based. I am not concerned with the political profit, just the fact that he delayed the go ahead out of fear of what failure would have done to him politically. He should have taken the risk when the intelligence and opportunity became available.

Back
Top Bottom