• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Born under Putin, dead under Putin

Born Under Putin, Dead Under Putin: Russia’s Teenage Soldiers Dying in Ukraine

Russia is sending a whole generation of young conscripts to die in Ukraine. A generation lost, a new graveyard for Russia's young. Young men called to defend their country instead sent to invade a foreign land. Men no older than 18, children really.

A whole generation:)? A generation of Russians, it will seem to me, amounts to about some 30 million Russians. This is based on births per year × 25 years. A generation roughly refers to some 25 years expanse of time. Russian births per year in 2020 was some 1.4 millions. Hence my 30 millions estimate..

You expect 30 million Russians to die in Ukraine?

A whole generation:)? A generation of Russians, it will seem to me, amounts to about some 30 million Russians. This is based on births per year × 25 years. A generation roughly refers to some 25 years expanse of time. Russian births per year in 2020 was some 1.4 millions. Hence my 30 millions estimate..

You expect 30 million Russians to die in Ukraine?

There are about 6.8M conscript age Russians, age 18-27. Hence your 30M estimate is a bit off.

There are about 6.8M conscript age Russians, age 18-27. Hence your 30M estimate is a bit off.

Keyword is a "generation" of them. Is your 6.8m an estimate of an instant in time, or over the expanse of 25 years.

But I can settle for your 6.8millions. Is it even in the realm of possibility that 6.8million Russians will die in Ukraine?

It has been very typical for Russia to bring in 135K conscripts for milartry service 2 times a year ,for them to serve a year. However, it looks like they are looking at bringing back people that previously served. ( unconfirmed sources) . IF true, the casaulties in the Ukraine are much higher than the lower end sources, and closer to the Ukraine estimates of Russian soldiers KIA, maimed and wounded. If the so called 'reservists' are getting recalled, they will get a 6 weeks refers her course, and then be put in the grinder. IF true (remember it's not confirmed, but it's likely), Putin is throwing cannon fodder into the war to get ground up for his ego. It looks like the end game of this one is control of the Baltic port cities for both military and commerce, and is defintely a power grab for further Russian expansion. The internal propganda machine will only be so effective for so long against the horrendous deaths and maiming of Russian troops, who don't want to be there to begin with for a large part. There is too much death and destruction.

It has been very typical for Russia to bring in 135K conscripts for milartry service 2 times a year ,for them to serve a year. However, it looks like they are looking at bringing back people that previously served. ( unconfirmed sources) . IF true, the casaulties in the Ukraine are much higher than the lower end sources, and closer to the Ukraine estimates of Russian soldiers KIA, maimed and wounded. If the so called 'reservists' are getting recalled, they will get a 6 weeks refers her course, and then be put in the grinder. IF true (remember it's not confirmed, but it's likely), Putin is throwing cannon fodder into the war to get ground up for his ego. It looks like the end game of this one is control of the Baltic port cities for both military and commerce, and is defintely a power grab for further Russian expansion. The internal propganda machine will only be so effective for so long against the horrendous deaths and maiming of Russian troops, who don't want to be there to begin with for a large part. There is too much death and destruction.

What is so astounding about this war in Ukraine is that the Ukrainian army appears to be suffering zero casualties. It is strange. All we have are horrendous deaths and maiming of Russian soldiers, zero on the Ukrainian side. The Russian Federation is accused of suppressing information on Russian war deaths; yet there is zero reports of Ukrainian war deaths; will that absence also be blamed on the Russian Federation?

What is so astounding about this war in Ukraine is that the Ukrainian army appears to be suffering zero casualties. It is strange. All we have are horrendous deaths and maiming of Russian soldiers, zero on the Ukrainian side. The Russian Federation is accused of suppressing information on Russian war deaths; yet there is zero reports of Ukrainian war deaths; will that absence also be blamed on the Russian Federation?

The Russians are too busy killing thousands of CIVILIANS and ruining entire cities. Must make a Putin lover like yourself very proud.

Keyword is a "generation" of them. Is your 6.8m an estimate of an instant in time, or over the expanse of 25 years.

But I can settle for your 6.8millions. Is it even in the realm of possibility that 6.8million Russians will die in Ukraine?

I don't expect every single Russian that meets conscript qualification to die in the war. It is a preposterous posit. I never made any such claim. I'm only saying the 6.8 figure is a more logical number to work with than your 30. Even your "expanse of 25 years" is illogical, unless you believe such is within the realm of possibility of the length of the war.

The 6.8M figure is over one yr and adjusted each yr thereafter based on adding those who come of age and subtracting those who become over age, over the estimated length of time of the war. Without having loaded up my post with stat blah-blah, that 6.8 should remain a fairly stable figure. I'd only be guessing that more are dropping off than being added.

Zero? Are you living under a rock? From where are you pulling this number?

Volodymyr Zelensky (the President of Ukraine) said a few weeks ago that Ukraine military deaths were between 2,500 and 3,000.

Russian state media puts Ukrainian KIA above 20,000 at that time. It's surprising that you don't have that number committed to memory.

Back
Top Bottom