• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border wall and border security confusion

The U.S. Govt isn't putting up chain link fences, they're replacing those with the steel bollard-style security barrier used in other locations along the border. Trump won't look at any bill unless he gets exactly what he's been demanding and Mitch McConnell refuses to do his job and even bring those bills to Trump's desk.

14530b43-782d-4e03-9b60-4248d2325c85.png

I know that but the democrats want that

I know that but the democrats want that

That's fine, nothing wrong with 'that'. It's what the U.S. has been installing on our southern borders for many years. They work.

How so? He does not inflict his will on unborn babies like abortionist butchers do.

Really? You sincerely think the man who brags about having unprotected sex, and pays women to be silent about that sex, has never paid a woman to have an abortion?

That is naive.

The only confusion about border security and walls/barriers/fences comes from which side of their ass the rats are talking out of. The voted FOR walls. They TOUTED walls as effective means fo combating illegal immigration. Now they claim walls are racists. Because at the end ofthe day, rats are what they always are...****ing liars and hypocrites. Oh...sure...you can go ahead and talk about Trump. But anything leftists say about Trump, they have him covered. In spades.

Really? You sincerely think the man who brags about having unprotected sex, and pays women to be silent about that sex, has never paid a woman to have an abortion?

That is naive.

I think he is wise to publicly oppose abortion in front of American voters who overwhelmingly oppose abortion. Thankfully, Hillary was not wise in that department, so she lost the election. Small wonder.

The U.S. Govt isn't putting up chain link fences, they're replacing those with the steel bollard-style security barrier used in other locations along the border. Trump won't look at any bill unless he gets exactly what he's been demanding and Mitch McConnell refuses to do his job and even bring those bills to Trump's desk.

14530b43-782d-4e03-9b60-4248d2325c85.png

McConnell and Trump. What a team. Reminds me of the bullying Reid and Obama team and the universal mandated government healthcare tax hike scheme.

I think he is wise to publicly oppose abortion in front of American voters who overwhelmingly oppose abortion. Thankfully, Hillary was not wise in that department, so she lost the election. Small wonder.

Why must you lie?

Gallup finds that 60 percent of Americans believe abortion generally should be legal during the first three months of pregnancy, known as the first trimester.

Isn't lying a sin in your religion?

There are six things that the LORD strongly dislikes, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

— Proverbs 6:16–19

Oh, oops, huh?:lamo

McConnell and Trump. What a team. Reminds me of the bullying Reid and Obama team and the universal mandated government healthcare tax hike scheme.

Speaking of the ACA, where is the repeal and replace? Republicans had two years to fulfill another campaign promise of Donald Trump, to immediately dismantle, repeal and replace Obamacare. Well, we're waiting, where is it? They repealed the individual mandate then sat down, scratched their heads and said 'okay, what do we do now?' Still nothing but crickets about the new Trumpcare plan.

Why must you lie?
Isn't lying a sin in your religion?
Oh, oops, huh?:lamo

Typical leftist false accusation of lying. Notice the slimy insertion of the phrase "abortion should be legal generally during the first three months of pregnancy."

You are saying I lied because I said something untrue about the first three months of pregnancy? I said nothing of the sort. You made that up. No wonder low life morons keep calling Trump a liar. They twist his words dishonestly and then falsely accuse him. To hell with that sort of wickedness.

Trump may support abortions during the first three months of pregnancy, but everybody knows he has not advocated killing babies outside the womb if they survive an abortion attempt, like Obama did and Hillary never offered much public objection to.

Speaking of the ACA, where is the repeal and replace? Republicans had two years to fulfill another campaign promise of Donald Trump, to immediately dismantle, repeal and replace Obamacare. Well, we're waiting, where is it? They repealed the individual mandate then sat down, scratched their heads and said 'okay, what do we do now?' Still nothing but crickets about the new Trumpcare plan.

It seems Obama's man Jonathan Gruber was right after all about Americans being stupid if they accept the lies being promoted in the giant mandated big government oppressive Obamacare healthcare tax hike scheme. Including republican idiots.

This is what is confusing to me.

Trump talks about wanting a concrete wall across the border to be paid for by Mexico.

Since then he has gone back and forth about the meaning of the wall and border security. He wants billions, but cannot definitively say what this wall is.

Then he lies and makes his followers believe Dems want no border security.

Here us what I want. A well thought out multifactorial plan on border security. If he believes the wall is integral to this plan, why.

Back up with facts.

After deciding what your border security plan is....if a wall is needed...know in advance it is concrete vs slats vs fencing...and for how much of the border. You should have facts to back this up. Also, what about other border security measures....facts based on what has been helpful with reasonable projections.

And last but not least, if you want democrats to listen....stop lying. Their idea of border security may be different than yours, but all dems I know in real life want secure borders.

You are asking something from somebody who is demonstrably incapable of processing the intake let alone neural throughput of such a plan. Plus, Trump can’t be depended on to do anything he agrees to and prefers to negate all the work others do, which is part of his M.O. An irrational mind is simply incapable of nomics. A sensible, logical plan, while not necessarily what one may prefer to another, is simply unrealistic in terms of expecting any understanding from Trump.

Ooops, I clicked the wrong post:lamo

That's fine, nothing wrong with 'that'. It's what the U.S. has been installing on our southern borders for many years. They work.

So why is everyone crying because walls are racist and etc. do you freak out when you go to a fair or something and they have a barrier in several places? Of course not so why are we not allowed to have a say

Sure, there should be a pathway for legal citizenship.

But we have a complete and utter failure to understand we have a illegal employer issue. I have lived in the South and currently live in CA and in both places employment of undocumented workers was clearly accepted. As long as there is work, they will remain.

But of course many people coming now are trying for asylum. They are fleeing areas with extreme gang violence. As a parent, I have no clue what I would do. Take my chances with the gangs and allow my children to be part of the gang to temporarily give them safety, or try for something else. Would you stay and allow your children to get sucked into or killed by the gangs?

So why don’t we have a common sense about that! Because once again if you come in illegally and try to ask for asylum? I’m sorry show me your papers. But if you are acting like a child why should we take care of them

so what's the problem

Back
Top Bottom