• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border wall and border security confusion

Trump hate derangement syndrome is a very bad sickness.

Limp lame answer. Ill keep feeding them to you. At least I get a post out of it. You are afflicted with TWS Trump Worship Syndrome.

Good question, isn't it?

It's hard to negotiate with someone who refuses to negotiate...as the Dems are doing...but he has to try.

That's more than your "Dems who want border security" are doing. They aren't trying. They are only opposing.
Dude, there was an understanding in both houses. Trump was going to sign. Negotiations were done. Then Trump was *****whipped by Coulter and Limbaugh.

You could be correct. But there are plenty of Democratic elected officials call for ICE's abolition. What about sanctuary cities, basically a welcome mat and encouragement for folks to enter this country illegally? Just get to a sanctuary city or perhaps state in California's case, you're home free. It's very hard with all the attention sanctuary cities get to reconcile the Democratic Party being for a secure border. Sanctuary cities encourages those to ignore our immigration laws and the legal route into this country.

I also don't think we can have the so called immigration reform without the willingness of both political parties to enforce the laws already on the books.
There are some. (I think a few of the newbies?) But it is not any force in the party that I know of.

I would love to see a list of the "many" who want ICE abolished.

Of course lefties think Trump lies and democrats don't. That is they way they are. We get used to it after a while.

Stop lying. I never said Dems don't lie. I think the amount of blatent lies from Trump is of epic proportions. Hell is own lawyer indicated he should not testify because he would likely would perjure himself.

This is what is confusing to me.

Trump talks about wanting a concrete wall across the border to be paid for by Mexico.

Since then he has gone back and forth about the meaning of the wall and border security. He wants billions, but cannot definitively say what this wall is.

Then he lies and makes his followers believe Dems want no border security.

Here us what I want. A well thought out multifactorial plan on border security. If he believes the wall is integral to this plan, why.

Back up with facts.

After deciding what your border security plan is....if a wall is needed...know in advance it is concrete vs slats vs fencing...and for how much of the border. You should have facts to back this up. Also, what about other border security measures....facts based on what has been helpful with reasonable projections.

And last but not least, if you want democrats to listen....stop lying. Their idea of border security may be different than yours, but all dems I know in real life want secure borders.

Then why didn’t your democrats stay and listen to what the border professions had to say in the meeting.
And democrats are the ones always saying we can use other more affective measures than a wall, what is that, they never say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some. (I think a few of the newbies?) But it is not any force in the party that I know of.

I don't know how many, but they have been very vocal on the news about it. It could be just who shouts the loudest gets all the coverage. Now politics is a matter of perception. When you turn on the news and see a senator or representative hollering about abolishing ICE, its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that is a Democratic Party stance. As I stated, right or wrong, these things boil down to perception. Here's some.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/politics/abolish-ice-democrats-list/index.html

Then why didn’t your democrats stay and listen to what the border professions had to say in the meeting.
And democrats are the ones always saying we can use other more affective measures than a wall, what is that, they never say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The democrats have already stated that they would like various high tech options , as well as fixing existing barriers. (among other things) Trump only wants to hear "wall".

The democrats have already stated that they would like various high tech options , as well as fixing existing barriers. (among other things) Trump only wants to hear "wall".

See y’all are all the same, what are these high tech options? A drone to take pictures?motion sensors to let us know someone crossed the border? Poloci did say maybe keep the grass mowed.
Please some liberal tell us your plan, all y’all do is say a wall won’t work, then tell us about those high tech solutions .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My impression is that the (sane) "Abolish ICE" people want to separate out its functions. That's all. Naturally, a two-word slogan can get misinterpreted.

Stop lying. I never said Dems don't lie. I think the amount of blatent lies from Trump is of epic proportions. Hell is own lawyer indicated he should not testify because he would likely would perjure himself.

Like I say, we have gotten used to deranged democrat Trump haters after two years of ungodly non stop slander.

This is what is confusing to me.

Trump talks about wanting a concrete wall across the border to be paid for by Mexico.

Since then he has gone back and forth about the meaning of the wall and border security. He wants billions, but cannot definitively say what this wall is.

Then he lies and makes his followers believe Dems want no border security.

Here us what I want. A well thought out multifactorial plan on border security. If he believes the wall is integral to this plan, why.

Back up with facts.

After deciding what your border security plan is....if a wall is needed...know in advance it is concrete vs slats vs fencing...and for how much of the border. You should have facts to back this up. Also, what about other border security measures....facts based on what has been helpful with reasonable projections.

And last but not least, if you want democrats to listen....stop lying. Their idea of border security may be different than yours, but all dems I know in real life want secure borders.

If you go back to the early start of the Republican run he has said that he wants a big beautiful door that would allow LEGAL immigrants who have filed for a citizenship and who actually waited for to come in legally. It’s funny that people can define what trespassing but whenever we’re talking about a national issue then trespassing is thrown out of the window because it’s not the same thing !

If you go back to the early start of the Republican run he has said that he wants a big beautiful door that would allow LEGAL immigrants who have filed for a citizenship and who actually waited for to come in legally. It’s funny that people can define what trespassing but whenever we’re talking about a national issue then trespassing is thrown out of the window because it’s not the same thing !

How can anyone file for LEGAL immigration when borders are closed or there aren't enough people to process applications?

Not that this has very much to do with the topic of the thread, I had found it interesting when I first saw this a year ago. Circumstances have certainly changed since this event took place.

171010192230-giant-picnic-at-the-border--exlarge-169.jpg

As the Trump administration eyes the border wall, so does an elusive French street artist.
Building a massive dining table across both sides of the US-Mexico border in the small Mexican town of Tecate, artist JR painted "the eyes of the dreamer" on top of the bench. In a special one-day-only setup, one eye is meticulously placed on either side of the border. People gathered around the table to enjoy the sun and the food on both sides.

In a post on his Instagram, people are sitting on benches at the "giant picnic," as he calls it. "People eating the same food, sharing the same water, enjoying the same music (half of the band on each side) around the eye of a dreamer," he says.

How can anyone file for LEGAL immigration when borders are closed or there aren't enough people to process applications?

Hire more people this is how business works

Hire more people this is how business works

Hiring more people is exactly what was in the proposed bill intended for Trump but which he refused to even look at.

Hiring more people is exactly what was in the proposed bill intended for Trump but which he refused to even look at.

Well, If I was the president I’d look at the bill and I would adapt some things with the current bill and see what the democrats would do. Because I think we should have a fair conversation about it because you and I know that people can climb chainlink fence. At an point of our life, we have done this at a park, a lil league game or whatever.

Each side needs to tone down the rhetoric and stop falsely accusing each other of lying. Very few of those wild accusations of lying have any real basis in the truth.
What are the Democrats lieing about when it comes to border security or the wall? I've seen plenty from trump and the gop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Like I say, we have gotten used to deranged democrat Trump haters after two years of ungodly non stop slander.

Trumps wounds are consistently and emphatically self inflicted.

What are the Democrats lieing about when it comes to border security or the wall? I've seen plenty from trump and the gop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Democrats constantly 'mislead' but do not lie, while almost everything Trump says, to them, is a lie. Democrats are hypocritical. Here is a clear lie by a leading democrat:

The president is "sitting on over $1 billion, 94 percent of what we sent him last year for border security he hasn't bothered to spend. Jeff Merkley, US Senator.

That is a lie, even though FactCheck.org just calls it "misleading." When deluded tribal democrat savages hear Trump tell the truth about the funds they claim Trump lied because they are deceived by the Merkley lie.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/01/democratic-spin-on-border-security-funds/

To hell with democrat liars and their murkey spokespeople if they cannot support God bless America and our elected president.

Sure, there should be a pathway for legal citizenship.

But we have a complete and utter failure to understand we have a illegal employer issue. I have lived in the South and currently live in CA and in both places employment of undocumented workers was clearly accepted. As long as there is work, they will remain.

But of course many people coming now are trying for asylum. They are fleeing areas with extreme gang violence. As a parent, I have no clue what I would do. Take my chances with the gangs and allow my children to be part of the gang to temporarily give them safety, or try for something else. Would you stay and allow your children to get sucked into or killed by the gangs?

Well, If I was the president I’d look at the bill and I would adapt some things with the current bill and see what the democrats would do. Because I think we should have a fair conversation about it because you and I know that people can climb chainlink fence. At an point of our life, we have done this at a park, a lil league game or whatever.

The U.S. Govt isn't putting up chain link fences, they're replacing those with the steel bollard-style security barrier used in other locations along the border. Trump won't look at any bill unless he gets exactly what he's been demanding and Mitch McConnell refuses to do his job and even bring those bills to Trump's desk.

14530b43-782d-4e03-9b60-4248d2325c85.png

Trump is bleeding red, white and blue. Stupid democrats are bleeding black and blue.

Trump doesn't bleed. He makes everyone else bleed for him.

How so? He does not inflict his will on unborn babies like abortionist butchers do.

I will make a bet....your blessed St Donald has likely pushed women to get abortions.

The man is a serial adulterer .

Back
Top Bottom