• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border rancher: 'We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
LORDSBURG, N.M. — Ranchers and farmers near the U.S.-Mexico border have been finding prayer rugs on their properties in recent months, according to one rancher who asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation by cartels.
The mats are pieces of carpet that those of the Muslim faith kneel on as they worship during their unauthorized trek into and through the United States.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-rancher-weve-found-prayer-rugs-out-here-its-unreal

Dumbest article of the year.

Unamed rancher?
What do cartels have to do with Middle Eastern terrorists?
Mexicans cannot be Muslim?
Muslims carried a rug across hundreds of miles of desert just to leave on a random person's property?
How exactly do we know these are "prayer" rugs?

This story smells of desperation to me. I would decidedly call it fake news.

Was this the "prayer rug"?

9763-zapotec-rug-original.jpg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-rancher-weve-found-prayer-rugs-out-here-its-unreal

Unamed rancher?
Muslims carried a rug across hundreds of miles of desert just to leave on a random person's property?

When the sources wish to remain anonymous or are unnamed by the author, you're right to say it's probably :bs.

Examiner is now trying to blend in anti-muslim hatred?

:lamo

Unamed rancher?

I found Muslim terrorist prayer rugs underneath the freeway overpass by my home, next to an empty six pack or Coronas and an old waterlogged mattress and some heavy cardboard shipping containers!!!! :lamo

The absolute fact is that the Border Patrol has apprehended literally thousands of Muslims in a given year from the middle east crossing the southern border. Why is it shocking to you that some might have accidentally left a prayer rug or two behind?

The absolute fact is that the Border Patrol has apprehended literally thousands of Muslims in a given year from the middle east crossing the southern border. Why is it shocking to you that some might have accidentally left a prayer rug or two behind?
:shock:
:lamo

Would a Moslem abandon his prayer rug?

Yep, the Washington Examiner is one of Philip Anschutz' string of very conservative sites/'papers. He's a very conservative billionaire, & puts money into far-Right media, causes, & etc., & apparently now also into the US/Mexico border wall notion.

A similar story (on abandoned prayer rugs found near the US/Mexico border) has surfaced before. But Islam requires its believers to pray 5 times a day. So an Islamic wouldn't abandon his/her prayer rug @ all, unless death were imminent. & in that case, I would expect a believer to jettison everything else first.

The absolute fact is that is not true. But I would love to see you back it up now that you have put it out there.

The absolute fact is that is not true. But I would love to see you back it up now that you have put it out there.
So when I post the link to the Border Patrols breakdown of exactly who they have actually caught and it shows literally thousands of people from India, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and numerous middle eastern countries will you feel as stupid as you will look for your ignorance?

Or will you have the integrity to admit you like the others are talking out of your ass and only froma place of ignorance?

Just asking.

So when I post the link to the Border Patrols breakdown of exactly who they have actually caught and it shows literally thousands of people from India, Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and numerous middle eastern countries will you feel as stupid as you will look for your ignorance?

Or will you have the integrity to admit you like the others are talking out of your ass and only froma place of ignorance?

Just asking.

You ought to post it and find out...

:popcorn2:

Just asking.

Not really, that would be interesting. It would also be hilarious because a variety of religions are from those regions and it would signify you think being from India equates to Muslim.

No...I'm really curious. When I do...and dont worry...I will...will you admit how stupid you all look and sound or will you make some other lame ass excuse about why you are posting such ignorant ****?

I'm not admitting anything, I made no claims...I already know the answer. I'm just enjoying watching your performance. :)

https://www.wola.org/analysis/trump-national-emergency-border-wall/

Crossing this with Border Patrol data shows that, of all 303,916 migrants apprehended by the agency at the U.S.-Mexico border in 2017, only 1,010—0.3 percent—came from the countries that CIS would consider to be of “special interest.” (The remaining 2,000 or so, using the Trump administration’s “3,000” figure, presumably must have approached U.S. authorities at official ports of entry.) Of the 1,010, all but 222—0.07 percent—were from two countries, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Again, most were probably asking for asylum here.

2017 Border Patrol apprehensions of migrants from possible “Special Interest Countries”: Bangladesh (564), Pakistan (224), Somalia (48), Sri Lanka (48), Turkey (35), Afghanistan (14), Saudi Arabia (14), Uzbekistan (9), Iran (7), Philippines (7), Egypt (6), Eritrea (6), Syria (6), Indonesia (5), Kazakhstan (5), Kuwait (3), Kenya (2), Algeria (1), Ethiopia (1), Iraq (1), Lebanon (1), Malaysia (1), Sudan (1), Yemen (1).

Not really, that would be interesting. It would also be hilarious because a variety of religions are from those regions and it would signify you think being from India equates to Muslim.
Would it be 'interesting'? Frankly...I dont think it will be all that interesting. I think it will be sad watching the pathetic dance you try to do to mask your stupid comments...all the while knowing that a simple..."yeah...I ****ed up....I didnt know" is the CORRECT response, but one I doubt you have the integrity to offer.

Crossing this with Border Patrol data shows that, of all 303,916 migrants apprehended by the agency at the U.S.-Mexico border in 2017, only 1,010—0.3 percent—came from the countries that CIS would consider to be of “special interest.” (The remaining 2,000 or so, using the Trump administration’s “3,000” figure, presumably must have approached U.S. authorities at official ports of entry.) Of the 1,010, all but 222—0.07 percent—were from two countries, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Again, most were probably asking for asylum here.

2017 Border Patrol apprehensions of migrants from possible “Special Interest Countries”: Bangladesh (564), Pakistan (224), Somalia (48), Sri Lanka (48), Turkey (35), Afghanistan (14), Saudi Arabia (14), Uzbekistan (9), Iran (7), Philippines (7), Egypt (6), Eritrea (6), Syria (6), Indonesia (5), Kazakhstan (5), Kuwait (3), Kenya (2), Algeria (1), Ethiopia (1), Iraq (1), Lebanon (1), Malaysia (1), Sudan (1), Yemen (1).

Well...VanceMack prefers alternative facts and those just aren't convenient for his narrative.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/f...ionwide-apps-sector-citizenship-fy07-fy17.pdf

In 2017, our US Border Patrol personnel apprehended 310,531 people seeking illegal entry into the country. 35 people from Turkey were caught at our Southern border. 49 from Vietnam. 48 from Sri Lanka. 433 from Romania. 224 from Pakistan. 48 from Somalia. 45 from Kosovo. 2,943 from India. 49 from Albania. 564 from Bangladesh. 642 from Nepal. 14 from Saudi Arabia.

lots more.

You should bother taking the time to know what you are talking about before you go and make yourself look stupid. Er.

Would it be 'interesting'? Frankly...I dont think it will be all that interesting. I think it will be sad watching the pathetic dance you try to do to mask your stupid comments...all the while knowing that a simple..."yeah...I ****ed up....I didnt know" is the CORRECT response, but one I doubt you have the integrity to offer.

Given that Airyaman already pwned ya, this is probably overkill, but here are the citizenship breakdowns for the last 10 years.

U.S. Border Patrol Nationwide Apprehensions by Citizenship and Sector FY2007 - FY2017 PDF

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/f...ionwide-apps-sector-citizenship-fy07-fy17.pdf

Once again, citizenship does not equate to religion. I am sure you could understand that one reason people leave a country is to flee religious persecution. But I don't see anything here to support "thousands". You were wrong.

And you left India off your list...why?

Oh...probably because you knew how stupid you would look and how stupid you would affirm the others comments are. India...2,943

Given that Airyaman already pwned ya, this is probably overkill, but here are the citizenship breakdowns for the last 10 years.

U.S. Border Patrol Nationwide Apprehensions by Citizenship and Sector FY2007 - FY2017 PDF

Once again, citizenship does not equate to religion. I am sure you could understand that one reason people leave a country is to flee religious persecution. But I don't see anything here to support "thousands". You were wrong.

That's the thing: Christians flee religious persecution in Muslim countries all the time. How many of these Pakistanis were Christians fleeing Muslim persecution?

https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/pakistan/

Thanks for highlighting your ignorance. You didnt NEED to...but that you did...well...thats just icing.

LOL...you are icing your own ignorance....2007 (the BushII years)????? Seriously dude?

1 Afghani, 23 Egyptians, not thousands from 'terrorist' countries or Muslims for that matter.... :roll:

Others have posted a far better overview, perhaps you can educate yourself... :peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom