• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border agents used tear gas only after being assaulted by asylum-seekers

Doesn't everyone support legal immigration? Seeking asylum is written into our immigration laws. It isn't a crime. The Trump administration isn't even following a valid US law that spells out how immigrants seeking asylum should be processed. Trump the chaos President just wants to create chaos at our Southern border for his own political purposes. He wants to build the wall and creating incidents at the border plays right into his plans.

They are not seeking asylum... they are illegally trying to bust into the USA. There are points of entry that they could go and camp out in front of and gain media attention in a positive manner... these people are doing the opposite and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH TRUMP. Additionally, if these people were truly facing a humanitarian crisis then it is the Mexican Government that is failing them... not the United States.

They are not seeking asylum... they are illegally trying to bust into the USA. There are points of entry that they could go and camp out in front of and gain media attention in a positive manner... these people are doing the opposite and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH TRUMP. Additionally, if these people were truly facing a humanitarian crisis then it is the Mexican Government that is failing them... not the United States.

BS...Trump is pushing the narrative and even the timing of events by negotiating with a Mexican Gov that is not even a Mex Gov yet and then tweeting about it. And that is just one of the ways that Trump is pushing the narrative and the timing of events. The genesis of the provocateurs that pushed that crowd toward the border remains to be seen. I also don't buy the peaceful protest at the border narrative that some are pushing. I would look into them as potential provocateurs as well. Peaceful protest at the border my butt end...organized by whom.....Nicaraguan Hell's Angels?

Trump himself is just dripping with anticipation that a US soldier shoots an asylum seeker at the border.

BS...Trump is pushing the narrative and even the timing of events by negotiating with a Mexican Gov that is not even a Mex Gov yet and then tweeting about it. And that is just one of the ways that Trump is pushing the narrative and the timing of events. The genesis of the provocateurs that pushed that crowd toward the border remains to be seen. I also don't buy the peaceful protest at the border narrative that some are pushing. I would look into them as potential provocateurs as well. Peaceful protest at the border my butt end...organized by whom.....Nicaraguan Hell's Angels?

Trump himself is just dripping with anticipation that a US soldier shoots an asylum seeker at the border.

Mexico does not have a government? What in the hell are you talking about... it is anarchy then?

I don't even like Trump but this stupid Trump bashing is just that... stupid. Trump is not doing anything to force the immigrants to throw rocks at border agents or storm the fences. Get over it... partisan politics like what you are doing are bad for the country and bad for you as a human being.

Mexico does not have a government? What in the hell are you talking about... it is anarchy then?

I don't even like Trump but this stupid Trump bashing is just that... stupid. Trump is not doing anything to force the immigrants to throw rocks at border agents or storm the fences. Get over it... partisan politics like what you are doing are bad for the country and bad for you as a human being.

Bolded: Wasn't the 'deal' with Mexico actually with the incoming government (aka, not yet in power)?

That's what he means by not even Mexican gov yet

Bolded: Wasn't the 'deal' with Mexico actually with the incoming government (aka, not yet in power)?

That's what he means by not even Mexican gov yet

Ahhh... well, that clears that up but I am not sure how that makes Trump a bad guy forcing immigrants to throw rocks or illegally enter the country.

I don’t really understand how people can define this caravan or whatever they are labeling it. By oh it’s women and children! Ok let’s see I have seen some images from NBC, serval liberals outlets and, the imaginary varies between young children to adults (women and men) so STOP telling a lie. I don’t really understand how we’re arguing about this because at the end of the day. Did we have the same fight in 2005? I don’t really remember

In Nevada during cattle grazing on federal land, the right had their wives, girlfriends and female children out in front with the men with handguns and rifles were in back ready to fire on federal agents. Let's give migrants with military grade firearms to cross the boarder. The right will accept them with open arms because they are acting like right minded Americans.

~~~~~~
MEANWHILE, you never uttered a peep during the Obama era, tear gas and pepper spray was used at the border routinely by border agents. Certainly what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Tear gas used once a month at border under Obama
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-administration-used-tear-gas-border-once-mon/
The same tear gas agent that the Trump administration is taking heat for deploying against a border mob this weekend is actually used fairly frequently — including more than once a month during some years under President Obama, according to Homeland Security data. U.S. Customs and Border Protection has used 2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile, or CS, since 2010, and deployed it 26 times in 2012 and 27 times in 2013. The use dropped after that, but was still deployed three times in 2016, Mr. Obama’s final full year in office. Use of CS rose again in 2017.... Border authorities also use another agent, pepper spray, frequently — including a decade-high record of 151 instances in 2013, also under Mr. Obama. Pepper spray, officially known as Pava Capsaicin, was used 43 times in fiscal year 2018, according to the CBP numbers.

No it doesn't.

In the first place nobody from either the Mexican Government not yet in power or the Trump administration which should not have been negotiating with a Mexican Government not yet in power should then have gone on to make provocative tweets and announcements about the terms of said negotiations. But then again since Donald Duck does not know what actual governance looks like its another What Else is New sort of incident all the way from negotiating to tweeting about the negotiations.

In addition, the early reports are that some group on the Mexican border (nobody knows who sponsored them) announced that if asylum seekers could get across the border yesterday they would have an easier path toward processing.

I have to think the announcements about a deal even between the as yet not in power Mexican Gov combined with some group or another prompting asylum seekers to rush the border are in the main responsible for that mess. We are going to have to wait for further details from the Mexican Authorities as to the nature of this group of provocateurs although I would not be surprised if they ended up being American Trumpets.

As for Trump himself, he is just dying to having somebody shot by a trooper at the border. However I do believe he will be foiled by Jim Mattis who is not going to issue live ammo to the troopers even if said troopers are anywhere near the border which they are not. That will probably be the last straw for Trump with Mattis who I expect is getting onto the same thin ice that Sessions found himself on.

It absolutely DOES.

He said there were thugs coming, and here are the thugs...ON VIDEO.

NOTE THE ABSENCE of " all the women and children" the Lying left/Fake News keeps LYING TO UUS ABOUT....

Trump is to blame for this in large degree.

When you constantly court the White Supremacist vote, going so far as to publicly support the KKK and Neo Nazis, as Trump has done, and you've based an entire campaign strategy around energizing cowardly racists to vote for you, as Trump just did in this latest election cycle, people will naturally question your motivations in a situation like this. Honestly, it's not that complicated.

What UTTER BULL****.

Tell us all again about how "women and children were attacked".

The LYIING LEFT GOT CAUGHT...again.

What's this about, proactive poutrage?
Hey, wouldn't it be funny if there was an example of some right whinger slamming Obama for that when it happened?

Wouldn't it be great if the Lying Left/Fake News weren't LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH about the Thug-o-van?

Cockroaches?... thug invasion?... you got your language right, Herr Himmler.

"Women and children"? "No criminals in caravan"? You got your left lies right, Comrade Stalin.

Remember, the gunmen had a trial but the other people will not have one because they are less violent.

Remember your silliass deflection has nothing to do with the Thug-o-van, and the Lying Left/FAKE NEWS lies about it.

Doesn't everyone support legal immigration? Seeking asylum is written into our immigration laws. It isn't a crime. The Trump administration isn't even following a valid US law that spells out how immigrants seeking asylum should be processed. Trump the chaos President just wants to create chaos at our Southern border for his own political purposes. He wants to build the wall and creating incidents at the border plays right into his plans.

Wanting a "better job" is NOT a valid reason for asylum.

Pretty sure the actions in the video provided isn't the "valid process" for seeking asylum, either.

Don't you think they should start using some tactical nukes along the border? It would rotate stock, and maybe turn enough of the area to glass, with enough residual radiation to keep it free from life for some years.

More silliass nonsense form the DP left after getting caught spreading the FAKE NEWS LIES about the Thug-o-van, and its VIOLENCE....

Watch the video I provided...AGAIN.

Please count all the "women and children"....and then keep trying to spread the Left Lies....

Trump is to blame for this in large degree.

When you constantly court the White Supremacist vote, going so far as to publicly support the KKK and Neo Nazis, as Trump has done, and you've based an entire campaign strategy around energizing cowardly racists to vote for you, as Trump just did in this latest election cycle, people will naturally question your motivations in a situation like this. Honestly, it's not that complicated.

And what was Obama's excuse? Courting the Brown Latino vote?

Don't you think they should start using some tactical nukes along the border? It would rotate stock, and maybe turn enough of the area to glass, with enough residual radiation to keep it free from life for some years.

~~~~~~
Nah.... A couple of passes dropping napalm should be enough to discourage them..

He is trying to say that Trump is negotiating with the incoming President. The incoming President's administration has been taking over control of the government for about two weeks now.

Why he thinks Trump should negotiate with the outgoing administration is a mystery.

"Women and children"? "No criminals in caravan"? You got your left lies right, Comrade Stalin.

They are neither cockroaches or saints. The phenomenon requires a sophisticated analysis and response, beyond the reach of our ignorant and arrogant president.

Watch the video I provided...AGAIN.

Please count all the "women and children"....and then keep trying to spread the Left Lies....

I never said anything about women and children. Why should I watch your silly video again when you appear unable to read a post!

A) asylum seekers can seek asylum BY US LAW anywhere they contact our border. That is how asylum was designed, mainly because an asylum seeker cannot always meet some optimal set of criteria YOU decide meets some arbitrary standard. That is exactly what insisting that they make it to a port of entry is, an arbitrary standard set up by fat stupid Americans content to comment from their couches with their popcorn and their remotes in hand.
B) it is Donald Trump that is breaking US Law PERIOD!

Now do we have issues with with how we deal with asylum seekers? YES we do. But meeting the actual standards for being granted asylum in this country is no walk in the park. It is actually pretty daunting. Advocates for dealing with the issue that in part Trump has fabricated into this big deal for his own purposes has been to demand faster processing, more judges. No, not the "thousands of new judges" Trump claims are being asked for but more like hundreds and a streamlined process. But Trump resists such a ready solution because he is not looking for a solution...just as he really did not want a comprehensive Immigration and border security bill last year even with his dumb WALL included. He would only accept a Bill that included Achtung Miller's draconian legal immigration policy. Trump and Miller want White Immigration only, utterly stumped by the simple fact that most of the countries they WANT immigration from have things like comprehensive healthcare country. THEY DON"T WANT TO COME HERE!

O
Wanting a "better job" is NOT a valid reason for asylum.

++ Who said it was?

Pretty sure the actions in the video provided isn't the "valid process" for seeking asylum, either.

++ Trump chose not to deal with a solvable problem like a grown up. Chaos ensued. It’s on him.

Back
Top Bottom