• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Border agents routinely used tear gas during Obama administration, DHS data shows

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
And NO, my point is NOT "Obama did it first!!!"...as I am certain the border patrol was JUSTIFIED THEN, TOO.

My point is the DUPLICITOUS , LYING ASS HOLES of the LYING LEFT/FAKE NEWS, who said NOT A WORD WHEN A DEMOCRAT WAS POTUS.

And they are STILL LYING TO US about the THUG-O-VAN....

Border agents routinely used tear gas during Obama administration, DHS data shows

Federal agents used tear gas on the U.S.-Mexico border dozens of times during the Obama administration, data from the Department of Homeland Security shows, despite growing outrage at the Trump administration from Democrats for using the substance against migrant caravan members over the weekend.

According to DHS data obtained by Fox News, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency has used 2-chlorobenzylidene malononitrile, commonly known as tear gas, 126 times since 2010.

During the Obama administration, tear gas was used on the border 26 times in 2012, 27 times in 2013, 15 times in 2014, eight times in 2015, and three times in 2016. That compares to 18 times in 2017 and 29 times in 2018 during the Trump administration.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bo...as-during-obama-administration-dhs-data-shows

It’s time to clear the zones and register 155MM arty and practice laying a grid of HE.

It’s time to clear the zones and register 155MM arty and practice laying a grid of HE.

That might be a bit more than is needed. Just NOT ALLOWING ENTRY/DEPORTING ILLEGALS would be sufficient, IMHO.

That might be a bit more than is needed. Just NOT ALLOWING ENTRY/DEPORTING ILLEGALS would be sufficient, IMHO.
That time has passed. Need more forceful clarification.

1. Nobody I've spoken with gives a damn about the Border Patrol (BP) using the teargas. They all say the same thing: they're not currently in a position to second-guess BP's use of teargas, so they're withholding judgment in that regard.

What they are in a position to pass judgment on, and they damn sure have done, is Trump's trying to put lipstick on the pig that is people getting teargassed. Trump called the gas used "a very minor form of the tear gas itself;" moreover, he denied that it was used against children despite pictures and video showing that isn't at all so.
  2. Is the OP-er of this thread and Jack Fabulous the same person:

That time has passed. Need more forceful clarification.

That time has never been arrived at. We need to enforce it, AGGRESSIVELY...which I am sure can be done w/o artillery.

1. Nobody I've spoken with gives a damn about the Border Patrol (BP) using the teargas. They all say the same thing: they're not currently in a position to second-guess BP's use of teargas, so they're withholding judgment in that regard.

What they are in a position to pass judgment on, and they damn sure have done, is Trump's trying to put lipstick on the pig that is people getting teargassed. Trump called the gas used "a very minor form of the tear gas itself;" moreover, he denied that it was used against children despite pictures and video showing that isn't at all so.
What BULL****. The LYING LEFT/FAKE NEWS has been wailing and gnashing teeth over MEAN OOLD TRUMP TEARGASSING DA CHILLUNS for DAYS.

They LIED...it is OVEREWHELMINGLY MEN being gassed...and GOOD.

So ...they aren't willing to "pass judgement on the use of teargas"...UNLESS IT'S TRUMP, as I SAID, and YOU JUST VERIFIED.

Same LIARS sad NOT A PEEP WHEN OBAMA DID IT = MY ENTIRE POINT.

That time has never been arrived at. We need to enforce it, AGGRESSIVELY...which I am sure can be done w/o artillery.

I don’t see them walking in the medians down the highways headed out. They knew their pipe dream of eating the cake and the ice cream would never materialize. We could round them up till the end of days and never get a grip on the problem. A solution would be to grab them as they park to grocery shop.

I don’t see them walking in the medians down the highways headed out. They knew their pipe dream of eating the cake and the ice cream would never materialize. We could round them up till the end of days and never get a grip on the problem. A solution would be to grab them as they park to grocery shop.

Yeah. Illegal is ILLEGAL. We need to end the "rewards" for it.

What BULL****. The LYING LEFT/FAKE NEWS has been wailing and gnashing teeth over MEAN OOLD TRUMP TEARGASSING DA CHILLUNS for DAYS.

They LIED...it is OVEREWHELMINGLY MEN being gassed...and GOOD.

So ...they aren't willing to "pass judgement on the use of teargas"...UNLESS IT'S TRUMP, as I SAID, and YOU JUST VERIFIED.

Same LIARS sad NOT A PEEP WHEN OBAMA DID IT = MY ENTIRE POINT.
giphy.gif

Red:

Meanwhile active arty fans would have a way of announcing that entering will never be tolerated again. There’s prolly close to 35 million who are here by slipping over a border in some way. They all need to go.

Can't backup your own bull****?

You went from "nobody cares about the teargas" to "Trump the Evil because of the teargas!!" in two paragraphs.

Whiplash?

I'm pretty sure firing a 155 in the city or the 'burbs would violate a few noise ordinances.....it exceeds 200 decibels; thats a bit hard on the ears, not to mention what it will do to the neighbors windows.

Besides.....tear gas and CS isn't that bad....it kinda tingles and clears out the sinus conjestion.

I'm pretty sure firing a 155 in the city or the 'burbs would violate a few noise ordinances.....it exceeds 200 decibels; thats a bit hard on the ears, not to mention what it will do to the neighbors windows.

Besides.....tear gas and CS isn't that bad....it kinda tingles and clears out the sinus conjestion.

Swells the sinuses, actually. But not nearly as badly as MACE...

Swells the sinuses, actually. But not nearly as badly as MACE...

All I remember was the burning eyes and the snot running out of my nose like an open faucet.....30 minutes and two canteens of water in the face later, my sinus passages were as open as a wind tunnel.

:shrug:

All I remember was the burning eyes and the snot running out of my nose like an open faucet.....30 minutes and two canteens of water in the face later, my sinus passages were as open as a wind tunnel.

:shrug:

Get MACED sometime...and you will REALLY "feel the burn"... ;)

You went from "nobody cares about the teargas" to "Trump the Evil because of the teargas!!" in two paragraphs.

Whiplash?

Red:
You just keep thinking that....

giphy.gif
"We didn't. We do not use it on children."
Do you really not understand that the children were not targeted?
Secondly, we have no images to confirm they were even affected by the CS. Just claims.

So for all anyone knows they staged a photo of them being near a canister spewing a gas (that was moving away from them) to created a false narrative.

Red:
You just keep thinking that....

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster

You went from "nobody cares about the teargas" to "Trump the Evil because of the teargas!!" in two paragraphs

Whiplash?

It's EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID:

Originally Posted by Xelor

1.Nobody I've spoken with gives a damn about the Border Patrol (BP) using the teargas. They all say the same thing: they're not currently in a position to second-guess BP's use of teargas, so they're withholding judgment in that regard.

2.Is the OP-er of this thread and Jack Fabulous the same person:
•Border agents routinely used tear gas during Obama administration.

Yeah...we SEE all the "women and children" when it actually happened.

The SINGLE WOMAN THEY FOUND, looked like a blatantly STAGED SCAM....

DUPLICITOUS, LYING HYPOCRITES who SAID NOTHING THE 80+ times the Obama Adm. DID IT.....

Last edited:
The only difference I see is that during Obama's time there were no incidents of border patrol agents shooting tear gas canisters OVER the border into Mexico eliciting complaints from Mexico. EMS and ambulances are typically near by during the use of tear gas because some individuals are severely affected by it. You don't have the ability to send EMS and ambulances when you don't know what your tear gas is doing on the other side of a wall. I have seen no news stories to confirm it but its a more than a fair guess that the incident was carried out by a much more aggressive militarized force than ever used during Obama's time. Incidents occurred then at the border not OVER the border and by a less militarized force.

The only difference I see is that during Obama's time there were no incidents of border patrol agents shooting tear gas canisters OVER the border into Mexico eliciting complaints from Mexico. EMS and ambulances are typically near by during the use of tear gas because some individuals are severely affected by it. You don't have the ability to send EMS and ambulances when you don't know what your tear gas is doing on the other side of a wall. I have seen no news stories to confirm it but its a more than a fair guess that the incident was carried out by a much more aggressive militarized force than ever used during Obama's time. Incidents occurred then at the border not OVER the border and by a less militarized force.

Yes they did. The "only difference" is the COMPELTLEY PHONY , DUPLICTOUS COVERAGE between the Lying Left Fake News Obama vs Trump coverage...just like the FAMILY "SEPARATION" issue...same bull****.

1. What they are in a position to pass judgment on, and they damn sure have done, is Trump's trying to put lipstick on the pig that is people getting teargassed. Trump called the gas used "a very minor form of the tear gas itself;" moreover, he denied that it was used against children despite pictures and video showing that isn't at all so.

giphy.gif
"We didn't. We do not use it on children."
Do you really not understand that the children were not targeted?
Secondly, we have no images to confirm they were even affected by the CS. Just claims.

So for all anyone knows they staged a photo of them being near a canister spewing a gas (that was moving away from them) to created a false narrative.

Red:
In answer to your question:

• I am well aware of the distinction between "used on" and "targeted."
  • I am equally aware that Donald "I know words, I have the best words" Trump did not, as you seem to have the presence of mind, honesty and integrity to do, choose to say "Border Patrol [or whoever] didn't target children," which is probably a truthful and accurate statement.
    • Moreover, it's accuracy, plausibility and likelihood establishes a reasonable foundation for him (or members of his Administration) saying something akin to:
      • "While we regret that children were affected by the teargas, that they were present amidst unruly adults whom the Border Patrol felt it necessary to subdue made unavoidable their being affected by the gas."
  • Why must we suffer a POTUS, not a worker on a chain gang or a juvenile, who hasn't the presence of mind and integrity to simply state simple facts in a precise manner?
  • Exacerbating the fact of Trump's vague/ambiguous diction is the fact of his having flat-out lied about the nature of the teargas used, saying, in effect, it was the mild form of teargas, as opposed to some other potency of teargas, even though the fact of the matter, as shown by the content to which I linked, is that Border Patrol have only one kind of teargas.
My own questions to you:
  • Do you think Trump understands the connotational and denotational differences between "use" and "target?"
    • You seem to understand the differences and similarities. I certainly do.
  • Is it too much to expect an Ivy-League-educated POTUS -- one who's claimed to be a genius, no less -- do too and think before speaking, choosing words that mean and suggest neither more nor less than the actual facts of a given matter, in this case the teargassing of migrants at the border, evince?

Blue:
??? There are.

Pink:
If you're going to proffer ad ignorantiam lines, rebuttals and refutations that, for their veracity, rely on being afoot an existential conspiracy, don't respond to me.

Its time the US started using landmines to protect their border. Much cheaper than a wall too.
You could use the caravan people to plant them all. Cheap labor too.

I'm just kidding of course (well, half kidding :D)

The only difference I see is that during Obama's time there were no incidents of border patrol agents shooting tear gas canisters OVER the border into Mexico eliciting complaints from Mexico. EMS and ambulances are typically near by during the use of tear gas because some individuals are severely affected by it. You don't have the ability to send EMS and ambulances when you don't know what your tear gas is doing on the other side of a wall. I have seen no news stories to confirm it but its a more than a fair guess that the incident was carried out by a much more aggressive militarized force than ever used during Obama's time. Incidents occurred then at the border not OVER the border and by a less militarized force
What a pile of ****ing bull****!!!!!!!

[SUP]Red:
In answer to your question:

• I am well aware of the distinction between "used on" and "targeted."
  • I am equally aware that Donald "I know words, I have the best words" Trump did not, as you seem to have the presence of mind, honesty and integrity to do, choose to say "Border Patrol [or whoever] didn't target children," which is probably a truthful and accurate statement.
    • Moreover, it's accuracy, plausibility and likelihood establishes a reasonable foundation for him (or members of his Administration) saying something akin to:
      • "While we regret that children were affected by the teargas, that they were present amidst unruly adults whom the Border Patrol felt it necessary to subdue made unavoidable their being affected by the gas."
  • Why must we suffer a POTUS, not a worker on a chain gang or a juvenile, who hasn't the presence of mind and integrity to simply state simple facts in a precise manner?
  • Exacerbating the fact of Trump's vague/ambiguous diction is the fact of his having flat-out lied about the nature of the teargas used, saying, in effect, it was the mild form of teargas, as opposed to some other potency of teargas, even though the fact of the matter, as shown by the content to which I linked, is that Border Patrol have only one kind of teargas.
My own questions to you:
  • Do you think Trump understands the connotational and denotational differences between "use" and "target?"
    • You seem to understand the differences and similarities. I certainly do.
  • Is it too much to expect an Ivy-League-educated POTUS -- one who's claimed to be a genius, no less -- do too and think before speaking, choosing words that mean and suggest neither more nor less than the actual facts of a given matter, in this case the teargassing of migrants at the border, evince?

Blue:
??? There are.

Pink:
If you're going to proffer ad ignorantiam lines, rebuttals and refutations that, for their veracity, rely on being afoot an existential conspiracy, don't respond to me.[/SUP]

Figures, just more nonsense.
If you are aware of how Trump speaks and do not make accommodations for it, that is on you.

Back
Top Bottom